Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Different Spin On COVID 19 Surge In AZ

My sister lives in Bullhead City AZ. and is an RN with her masters in nursing. She has worked in all aspects of the hospital industry, including administration. She has come out of semi-retirement and is currently doing travel nursing and going where the largest need is.

I asked her today if the surge in cases in AZ is as dire as the media is portraying it. She answered in two words “fake news”. In regards to hospitals being at capacity she said there are some that are near capacity but there are a lot more that are well below average numbers of patients. She said in regards to the testing and the numbers surge, they are testing patients multiple times to see if they still have the virus and they are counting tests not patients, which is greatly squeeing the numbers.

The deaths from those affected are also declining and great numbers of the positive tests are people self treating at home and doing multiple tests to see if they are still infected and those tests are counted as positives.

So, just another perspective from the inside looking out, and how the media is pushing their fear and hysteria agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Re: A Different Spin On COVID 19 Surge In AZ

I have been in Healthcare (Pharmacy) 44 years; currently work in a Hospital and run a Home Health Company. If folks have underlying diseases and are around my age (69) the danger is real. The chances are about 99.994% you will not die from COVID-19. My biggest fear is falling down the steps at work because the mask impairs my glasses. I told my co-workers if that happened, don't let them count my death as COVID-19 related.

Alabama has 5,000,000+ people; we have had 1007 supposedly COVID-19 deaths (take the number with a grain of salt). That is 0.02%. Not 2%...0.02%. Hundreds of thousands of Alabamians have been adversely affected economically; some may never recover.

Darryl

In graph form, here are the ADHS official statistics beginning with the number of inpatients.

https://azdhs.gov/preparedness/epide...ards/index.php

We can select number of ventilators in use, icu beds, etc..and discuss the numbers free of any fake news..

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I imagine the numbers are similar in a lot of the new hot spots states. The virus is a real fear but numbers reported are suspect at best.

Guy tests positive for COVID gets bit by a rattlesnake and dies COD is listed as Covid related.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

...another tidbit Bullhead hospital full, ICU beds at 91%.

Ft Mohave hospital no hospital patients with Covid, and ICU empty

CBS reported hospitals in AZ are at capacity.

ICU beds are at 91% usage currently.

On the other hand, they were at 62% at the end of March. But for any number of reasons I'd guess.

53% of ventilators are in use.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-08-2020 at 08:51 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I imagine the numbers are similar in a lot of the new hot spots states. The virus is a real fear but numbers reported are suspect at best.

Guy tests positive for COVID gets bit by a rattlesnake and dies COD is listed as Covid related.

I have heard that those isolated at home with covid and who test multiple times to see if they are still positive, are each counted as overall positives in some cases...if not all.

What we are seeing is an election ahead and the total hatred that the Democratic Party( Nancy Pelosi) has for trump.
    Then throw on top of that the BLM wanting you overthrow the government and you have a total mess right now.
    Most is total media manipulation!

I sure wouldn't trust a single "fact" from a media that has been overtly clear they are not here as a "Fourth Estate" but as a propaganda operation for their ideological sympathies. Not a single one. If they said it was raining I'd check out a window first.

And BTW, that can be easily backed up with case after case of exaggeration or complete falsehood the last few years.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I sure wouldn't trust a single "fact" from a media that has been overtly clear they are not here as a "Fourth Estate" but as a propaganda operation for their ideological sympathies. Not a single one. If they said it was raining I'd check out a window first.

And BTW, that can be easily backed up with case after case of exaggeration or complete falsehood the last few years.
    It is more obvious and open in that respect than it has ever been.

Different spin on COVID

On Tues, the weekly death count for the first week in July was 177 deaths in the country, which is the lowest since March 15....and that includes the pseudodeaths (people who die WITH Covid, not FROM it)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Based on the chart linked, it is hardly a surge or second wave. More like more tests, more positives. We are picking up asymptomatic cases.
    Last edited by Doc; 07-09-2020 at 07:01 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Different spin on COVID

On Tues, the weekly death count for the first week in July was 177 deaths in the country, which is the lowest since March 15....and that includes the pseudodeaths (people who die WITH Covid, not FROM it)

Based on the chart linked, it is hardly a surge or second wave. More like more tests, more positives. We are picking up asymptomatic cases.
    Yep. For 3 weeks in April, the U.S. was averaging over 2000 deaths per day. There has been a steady decline and now we are between 500 and 600 deaths per day. In listening to the news, you would think all hell is breaking loose.

Although I despise the publication, the WaPo has good data and graphs on this. It is funny though, there are 2 graph options, cases and deaths, and since the beginning the default was always deaths and now for the last couple of weeks the default has always been cases when I pull it up. hmmmm They also have individual state data. Kentucky has been pretty steady throughout the whole thing and has had relatively low numbers.

WaPo

Different spin on COVID

When I first read your post, I thought that was 177 for a single day, not the week. This number is likely low since the CDC apparently waits for official death certificates from states and that lags real time data. But, the CDC data also includes influenza and pneumonia.
    Last edited by Basket Case; 07-09-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Different spin on COVID

In regards to the pseudodeaths, it should be noted that health facilities receive a large government reimbursement for COVID deaths.

So basically if you get in a car wreck and get taken to the hospital, they’ll test for Corvid. If you should then happen to die, and the test was positive, they’ll list COD as Corvid.

In regards to the pseudodeaths, it should be noted that health facilities receive a large government reimbursement for COVID deaths.

So basically if you get in a car wreck and get taken to the hospital, they’ll test for Corvid. If you should then happen to die, and the test was positive, they’ll list COD as Corvid.

As I undersdtand it, there is no financial benefit to having a death certificate state that a person’s cause of death was directly tied to COVID.

But the government does pay hospitals a higher reimbursement for patients with COVID-19 under the federal CARES Act. That’s limited to a specific group. Those who are on Medicare, which covers people 65 and older.
    Under the CARES Act, the government pays hospitals 20% more for Medicare patients with COVID-19.

They receive increased financial reimbursement for particular treatments of Covid patients for use of ventilators, being intubated, etc..
    The Denver Post investigated the situation back in May when social media platforms began seeing such damning reports.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-09-2020 at 10:56 AM.

If a accountant cooked the numbers for a business like the gov't is cooking these statistics, he/she would likely be in jail.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

...also if the death was listed as occurring while in/at hospital and they can tag it Corvid whether it was COD or not, it is presumed that the patient was treated for covid so they can file for covid reimbursement.

Example, guy gets in wreck, raced to hospital where he dies shortly after arrival, if during post mortem there are covid markers found they list cod as covid... boom reimbursement.

The guy could have died from extreme head trauma but may have had spot on lung or showed other respiratory flags during chest X-ray or maybe white counts being out... COD, Covid.

Basically if the reported data is garbage...garbage in garbage out.

Covid deaths explained by CDC

https://www.facebook.com/10000141146...6/?d=null&vh=i

Pay attention to the 1 min mark

Covid deaths explained by CDC

https://www.facebook.com/10000141146...6/?d=null&vh=i

Pay attention to the 1 min mark
    This must be hoax because that video clip hasn’t been aired on the national news outlets.

I know the link to the massively exaggerated positive results was previously link ( where FL had 30 some labs reporting 90-100% of tests positive) and I know how some questioned the validity of covid death numbers. Seems like inaccurate COVID deaths and voter fraud have something in common. Both occur but both are denied or ignored

https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-who-died-in-motorcycle-crash-counted-as-covid-19-death-in-florida-report
    Dr. Pino tells FOX 35 that one "could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash."
    maybe a covid virus particle jumped into the road in front of him, he swerved to miss it and crashed...........

I am convinced were this not an election year, and were not roughly 50% of this nation willing to do anything and everything to oust Trump, an approach like we saw with H1N1 would have sufficed just fine
    Last edited by Doc; 07-18-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Feds sending emergency teams into areas near AZ reservation. I know they are dealing with full on pandemic.

I have no idea if this is verified or not, I asked my sister about it. She has not personally seen this or tried it, but has heard several reports of this happening.

Maybe standardizing the statistics reporting might help as well.

That's exactly how all reporting should be done. That's great.

BTW, I do NOT trust reporting from all of these tens of thousands of hospitals and testing places. I'm not saying it's all a hoax, just that the numbers aren't going to be very accurate.

I'll give you a great example, which was reporting of court orders to the ATF for background checks. You would be stunned how bad that reporting was done, or not done at all. The NSSF, the industry association for manufacturers, has gone all over the country trying to get each state to legislate proper reporting. It's better but it was a joke before.

And that's on something that they had years and decades to work on, that has the full support of everyone involved. They just didn't expend resources on it or care enough. With no clear standard I imagine we're getting numbers counted all kinds of ways with great variance.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That's exactly how all reporting should be done. That's great.

BTW, I do NOT trust reporting from all of these tens of thousands of hospitals and testing places. I'm not saying it's all a hoax, just that the numbers aren't going to be very accurate.
    In FL, apparently the regulation is positive must be reported and negative not. Hence a lab does 100 tests, 3 positive and 97 negative, it is reported as 3 positives (of 3 tests). Not 3 of 100 because the 97 negatives are not reported

blueboss, please say a thank you to your sister for sharing the info the way she did. I do not live in Zona, but I doubt that the number manipulation vs news reports is much different in KY.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I have no idea if this is verified or not, I asked my sister about it. She has not personally seen this or tried it, but has heard several reports of this happening.

This is insanity. It is pure insanity to think the government or some world order is doing all this to destroy us. Faking the swabs. For the love of God, let's back away from the ledge. INSANITY.

Apparently 93 people just became undead in FL due to covid. Went from 188 to 95

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    This is insanity. It is pure insanity to think the government or some world order is doing all this to destroy us. Faking the swabs. For the love of God, let's back away from the ledge. INSANITY.
    Might not be the swabs, could be what they’re putting the swab in is the problem. There are many reports of false negatives all over the main stream media, so it stands to reason there could also be false positives.

Again, I don’t know of any verification of either, maybe just urban myths coming from supposed health care workers.

We’ve had one Covid statistical death in our county. The lady had stage 4 cancer, and was asymptomatic for COVID. The health department said they were required to count her as a Covid death because she was diagnosed, even if she didn’t have any other symptoms.