Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

The next Covid live experiment: Disney World

WDW reopens next week and is already doing soft reopenings with Cast Members/selected media and, later this week, Annual Pass holders. Here's a pic of the wait line at 7 Dwarfs Mine Train yesterday:

Capture 7-8-20.jpg

https://twitter.com/DisneyFoodBlog/s...83868924428289

The people in line are the people who will be enforcing distancing rules.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-08-2020 at 08:51 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Re: The next Covid live experiment: Disney World

They shut down a week or two after we went back in Feb/March. Glad we just made it before the shutdown. Do not plan to return anytime soon

Hi-ho, hi-ho,
    to COVID land we go
    We'll cough and sneeze
    and often wheeze
    Hi-ho, hi-ho, hi-ho, hi-ho!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Hi-ho, hi-ho,
    to COVID land we go
    We'll cough and sneeze
    and often wheeze

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    The people in line are the people who will be enforcing distancing rules.
    Dan's poem is worthy of Shakespeare, but this is still the funniest and saddest thing I've seen today.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Hi-ho, hi-ho,
    to COVID land we go
    We'll cough and sneeze
    and often wheeze
    I nominate you to win the intergoogles for the day!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Dan's poem is worthy of Shakespeare, but this is still the funniest and saddest thing I've seen today.
    X2. Dan wins the internet, and BEvans with a related award for best humor and sad observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    X2. Dan wins the internet, and BEvans with a related award for best humor and sad observation.
    I love a good irony, and when you get one that is so deliciously true, sad and funny all at the same time....

But I have to say Dan's is inspirational. I may respond with an attempt of my own. Disney has plenty of tunes to choose from.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Hi-ho, hi-ho,
    to COVID land we go
    We'll cough and sneeze
    and often wheeze
    😂
    Real Fan since 1958

Warning... Gallows humor following. Not mine, just somebody I know from past theatre adventures. I take no blame nor credit for this one.

Who's the rat that opened up
    During the virus spree?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y C-O-V-I-D!
    'Rona Mouse,
    'Rona Mouse,
    Remember me when you're in ICU
    You! You! You!
    Hope the rides and tchotchkes were worth your mortality...
    M-I-C...
    "See you in the hospital!"
    K-E-Y...
    "Why isn't Grandpa moving anymore?"
    CEEEE-OOOOH-VEEEEE-EYE-DEEEEE!

Darrell
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I will say I watched a live stream someone was doing yesterday and it looked a lot better--virtually empty to the point of I'm wondering how Disney could turn a profit paying cast members and running attractions for that few guests in the park. So I guess they learned a lot from their first shot at it earlier in the week.

I thought it looked ok. Apparently there was a bottleneck that freaked out a "Disney blogger" that made the Twitterworld, and that did look like a screw-up, but it wasn't waiting in lines for rides. She got caught in the lines and had to either continue and go forward, or if you elected to leave, she'd still have to backtrack through it (which is what she chose, ultimately). I think even she said that everything else was working, though. Guest services or something, I dunno...I didn't pay that much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I will say I watched a live stream someone was doing yesterday and it looked a lot better--virtually empty to the point of I'm wondering how Disney could turn a profit paying cast members and running attractions for that few guests in the park. So I guess they learned a lot from their first shot at it earlier in the week.
    The E Ticket price is now $7,500.00.

(They dont' even use E Tickets anymore, but I remember them from when I was a kid).

I have heard that some if not many restaurants have gone up on prices to deal with the overhead versus the lower number of patrons.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I have heard that some if not many restaurants have gone up on prices to deal with the overhead versus the lower number of patrons.
    I'd pay good money for 15 minute lines for rides.

I meant restaurants generally, but I'm sure Disney has adjusted prices.

And yes, I'd pay a premium to be in the park with no lines. A big one, were I a Disney person.