Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Random thoughts for audio/video livestream on location?

With my wife's cousin dying of Covid-19 last week, it really hit home, and my in-laws made the difficult decision not to attend my daughter's wedding next month. It's a good decision, frankly, regardless of the pandemic--they are each 89 years old, and M-I-L particularly vulnerable. Shouldn't have been a difficult decision, but they really have been looking forward to this for months. Anyway...

I haven't spoken to my daughter yet, but I wonder if you have any random thoughts about live streaming the wedding. I'm thinking Facebook--my mother-in-law has Facebook, and when my son was playing high school soccer one year, I livestreamed games on Facebook for one of the parents whose son (player's brother) was stationed overseas in the military. M-I-L happily watched games there on her iPad.

Daughter and fiancé have a wedding photographer and videographer, but I think they are doing the "normal" thing where they put together special albums and videos after the ceremony, and doubt that anybody will be livestreaming.

I just used my phone, connected to a Power Bank, and did all the video I wanted. I thought I could throw it in the corner somewhere, set it up well before the ceremony, and start it rolling. Nothing great, but give them the experience of being there.

Stupid idea? Or should I just draft somebody else (or hire somebody else) to do it? Any thoughts?

Re: Random thoughts for audio/video livestream on location?

Just my $0.02, but if it were my daughter's wedding I would not want to miss a second of it; hire someone to do it.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Just my $0.02, but if it were my daughter's wedding I would not want to miss a second of it; hire someone to do it.
    Nah, if I did it, I'd stick it in a corner before anything starts. I wouldn't care that it had an hour or whatever of garbage beforehand. Missing any of it isn't part of that equation.

Spend a few bucks and get a camera and then livestream it to YouTube. Quality would be better, and you will score points with your wife, daughter and in-laws. A camera not only improves quality, but allows you to use a tripod.

https://gopro.com/en/us/news/how-to-...tream-on-gopro

Are you certain the church is not livestream ready? Many are.

Using your phone..you could really use this..

https://www.iographer.com/collection...cts/multi-case

..and a tripod would be nice of course
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-07-2020 at 07:34 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Spend a few bucks and get a camera and then livestream it to YouTube. Quality would be better, and you will score points with your wife, daughter and in-laws. A camera not only improves quality, but allows you to use a tripod.

https://gopro.com/en/us/news/how-to-...tream-on-gopro
    I love this idea.

I have a tripod adapter for my phone (that's what I used when I lived streamed the soccer games) but your idea is better. Great suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Are you certain the church is not livestream ready? Many are.

Using your phone..you could really use this..

https://www.iographer.com/collection...cts/multi-case

..and a tripod would be nice of course
    That's a good thought, Kingcat. I don't know. It's a downtown church in Nashville, but if they live stream services, maybe I could talk to them about it.

My in-laws won't be the only ones not making the trip, too. I'm focused on them, but I won't be surprised if less than half of the expected attendance shows up. The more I think about it, the more I really want to have a live stream available for them.

Rupp's Runt

May be you said and I missed it. But certainly worth asking your videographer. Many offer that now

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    May be you said and I missed it. But certainly worth asking your videographer. Many offer that now

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    Would the videographer do both live streaming and the regular videography as well? It certainly won't hurt to ask, I guess. I know my daughter's primary concern will be on her once in a lifetime video capturing all the things from all over and doing what they do, and I doubt a live stream was even an afterthought initially. But I guess they could have one more camera - a lot better than what I would have - and arrange streaming on a static location, which is all I was going to do (except maybe add rehearsal, dinner, etc. too, and not just wedding and reception).

Certainly won't hurt to ask. They're the pros.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Would the videographer do both live streaming and the regular videography as well? It certainly won't hurt to ask, I guess. I know my daughter's primary concern will be on her once in a lifetime video capturing all the things from all over and doing what they do, and I doubt a live stream was even an afterthought initially. But I guess they could have one more camera - a lot better than what I would have - and arrange streaming on a static location, which is all I was going to do (except maybe add rehearsal, dinner, etc. too, and not just wedding and reception).

Certainly won't hurt to ask. They're the pros.
    They absolutely can do both. Do they have the stuff? No clue, I was married 13 years ago today so I'm behind on what they offer. But...

I was doing this 15 years ago (not to facebook). Now they make boxes that does the stream for you. They just have to come out of the camera (video out) to a box that will do the stream for you. Very easy these days. I do know of one around here that offers to stream, but that doesn't help you any

I actually worked with The Washington Post to do this very thing during the solar eclipse. And we do it often for events.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That's a good thought, Kingcat. I don't know. It's a downtown church in Nashville, but if they live stream services, maybe I could talk to them about it.

My in-laws won't be the only ones not making the trip, too. I'm focused on them, but I won't be surprised if less than half of the expected attendance shows up. The more I think about it, the more I really want to have a live stream available for them.
    If they normally livestream services it may be worth a few bucks to have their normal tech on hand to take care of it for you. You’ll want to set up your YouTube account in advance. It’s a piece of cake with your existing gmail account, since google owns YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    If they normally livestream services it may be worth a few bucks to have their normal tech on hand to take care of it for you. You’ll want to set up your YouTube account in advance. It’s a piece of cake with your existing gmail account, since google owns YouTube.
    Very good idea.

Just to add to this, looks like the entire reception will be canceled. Church is big and hopefully she'll be able to have the wedding of her dreams, if not the reception.

When it's all over, the plan is for a massive party for friends and family to celebrate their marriage, but it may be awhile.