Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: For those that think the New York Times is a Bastion of News reporting

For those that think the New York Times is a Bastion of News reporting

Please take the time to read the departure letter from a former NYT editor and writer.

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: For those that think the New York Times is a Bastion of News reporting

Her head has been up her a$$ to have not seen this over the years... op-Ed journalists at the Times, and in NYC must live in a bubble...

“I do not understand how you have allowed this kind of behavior to go on inside your company in full view of the paper’s entire staff and the public.”

Re: For those that think the New York Times is a Bastion of News reporting

It stuns me that anyone defends modern journalism as in any way objective or even arguing that they are somehow still fulfilling a democratic role as the FOurth Estate, to question government and keep power in check.

It's beyond laughable. Journalism has returned to the Pulitzer v .Hearst heyday of yellow journalism. Notions of objectivity and balance and not interjecting your personal feelings into a story, things that rose from the early and mid 1900s, are now gone.

It's gotten so absurd at the NYT and WaPo etc. that I'm surprised any traditional liberal remains, as they at least had some standards of letting both sides be heard. Any true journalist must be chilled at the thought control and speech limitations being demanded by the extreme left, including their younger colleagues.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.