Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

RIP Charlie Daniels...

That long haired country boy will be missed...

Never really thought of him as being 83...God’s Speed.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...els-dies-at-83

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Re: RIP Charlie Daniels...

The first CD I ever bought was Charlie Daniels

Devil went down to GA, he was looking for a soul steal. He was in a bind because he was way behind
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Last time I had the pleasure of seeing him live was in the early to mid eighties (1982 to 1983 or 1984) at a Derby Eve event after they had quit having them at the Fairgrounds in Louisville. It was held at the Bullitt county Fairgrounds right down the road on I65 at the Clermont exit and it was billed as a Southern Rocker's Dream. They couldn't use Derby Eve in the title due to some kind of trademark thingy and I can't remember if it was WLRS or WQMF that would advertise it as "you know what it really is".
    My memory is going to fail me and I may add one, omit one but it was an all day and into the next morning event that included Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Black Oak Arkansas, Grinder's Switch, a Version of Molly Hatchett (I believe), the Outlaws, my mind is fuzzy but I believe they even had Asleep at the Wheel and of course the CDB.
    The most recent release by the CDB was the Windows album and he flat tore it up on Ragin' Cajun and Partyin Gal.
    Still in Siagon was also a big hit as well...
    His version of Ballad of the Uneasy Rider was phenomenal and rocking as well.
    RIP, Charlie and thank you and your band of touring musicians for a lifetime of entertainment.
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 07-06-2020 at 07:48 PM. Reason: I told you my memroy would fail me; to fix some errors I nd
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

FWIW they can't even call it "Derby Pie" in the pie shop here in town b/c of the copyright issue. It's "May Day Pie".
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

RIP Charlie Daniels...

I read a bio on Charlie Daniels, and found a few tidbits I had no idea of. He was a highly sought after studio musician and played on albums for Bob Dylan, Ringo Star, and many others including... are you ready? Leonard Cohen..

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Into his everlasting arms Charlie. Thanks.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    His version of Ballad of the Uneasy Rider was phenomenal and rocking as well.
    My favorite Charlie Daniels song.

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

RIP Charlie Daniels...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My favorite Charlie Daniels song.

Ditto, not going into details, but a lot of fun was had by all back in late 70’s with Charlie Daniels playing in the background. Including seeing him live a couple of times.

RIP Charlie Daniels...

Strong twitter game, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Strong twitter game, too.
    Never had to guess where he stood on an issue.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Easily one of my all time favorite artists. So sad to hear of his passing. I loved reading him on Twitter and any other time he felt obliged to speak out. Really gonna miss him.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

RIP Charlie Daniels...

https://mobile.twitter.com/charlieda...74937806917640

Rainbow surrounding the Sellars Funeral Home in Mt. Juliet during Charlie's public memorial service. Thank you to all who attended. 🌈🇺🇸- TeamCDB/BW
    Photo by Paige Dixon #RIPCharlieDaniels

Last edited by blueboss; 07-09-2020 at 06:38 PM.