Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

NBA May Approve Social Themes On Jerseys...”White People Are Devils” Is Missing

Re: NBA May Approve Social Themes On Jerseys...”White People Are Devils” Is Missing

This is one pro sport that fans should really stop supporting.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Re: NBA May Approve Social Themes On Jerseys...”White People Are Devils” Is Missing

No "TRUMP 2020"?

My preference is keep politics out of sports. If an athlete wants to use his or her voice, do it on their time. I say the same about entertainers. People don't come in my business and get lectured on politics. Why am I subjected to their politics when I am paying to see a sports event?
    Last edited by Doc; 07-05-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Waiting for the first slogan ("Free Hong Kong," "End Uighur Slavery") to be suppressed because it doesn't pass the NBA's purity test.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Just like NA$CAR, the NBA is purposely stepping in it.....

Fans speak the loudest and the product does not equal the $$$.

Good move imo. Agree with it or not, this still made it more a non issue right out of the gate.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Good move imo. Agree with it or not, this still made it more a non issue right out of the gate.
    Of course you think it is a good move.

Darryl

No way this is a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    No way this is a good idea!
    It is for liberals; shutdown any dissenting opinion. Continue the myth of BLM. Have the white people (who pay 90% of the bills)
    apologize for their 400 years of sins.

Darryl
    Last edited by Darryl; 07-05-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Huge problem and the younger adults believe it’s truly amazing the brain washing that is currently happening by the BLM, one day this youth will wake up and the myth will be a reality and shock their worlds totally!

Politics and business (which sports is) should not mix. Make it worse by only allowing one sided speech.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Of course you think it is a good move.

Darryl
    ??
    There is no "side' here. And no matter what you might (apparently) think, I am not being political on the matter at all.
    My only point was that..(I personally believe)..there would be more made of a handful of players going against the rules and wearing BLM on their jersey, than there would be if it is allowed.
    And I believe it is most assuredly the deciding factor in such a decision.

The former would be a story that lingers for years like the Kaepernick thing and far out shines the games and enflames the current situation.
    While no such restriction at this time wont be much of a story at all.

I think we can safely assume it was the right move as a business decision.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-06-2020 at 08:57 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

The former would be a story that lingers for years like the Kaepernick thing and far out shines the games and enflames the current situation.
    While no such restriction at this time wont be much of a story at all.
    And this image from 1968 is just more proof of that point.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    And this image from 1968 is just more proof of that point.

This needs to be torn down or defaced. Shows disrespect foe this country

seeya
    dan

Too much can go wrong with a slogan. America is earning your respect.

Handlers told him it would cost him money. Lebron is too stupid to figure it out by himself.

Darryl

FreeHongKong is not allowed on an official NBA jersey from what I read. Didnt try it myself. I’d buy one in the parking lot tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    FreeHongKong is not allowed on an official NBA jersey from what I read. Didnt try it myself. I’d buy one in the parking lot tho.
    is #FreeEnes?

Exactly the result they were hoping for by not restricting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    is #FreeEnes?
    It is being that Enes is wearing a Black Lives Matter theme statement on his back
    seeya
    dan