Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Top 100 Westerns... not mine

https://thestacker.com/stories/209/t...films-all-time

I’d go with the following “in” my top five or so.
    1) Josie Wales
    2) Unforgiven
    3) Silverado
    4) True Grit ( John Wayne)
    5) Good Bad Ugly
    6) Once Upon a Time in The West
    7) then a bunch of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Top 100 Westerns... not mine

then a bunch of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies.
    No doubt some were better than others, but do you think that either one of them were in a bad western movie?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I stopped reading the list when I saw the remake of The Magnificent Seven on it.

I'd have to think awhile about the best, but off the top of my head my 5 favorites are

Stagecoach
    The Searchers
    Unforgiven
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    and I'll cheat and say the Cavalry Trilogy (Fort Apache, She Wore A Yellow Ribbon and Rio Grande)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

The wild bunch is definitely top 5 with William Holden.

OK, first off, that list sequence is NUTS. They have Back to the Future III ahead of True Grit, Silverado, Hang 'em High, McClintok, and a ton of other really good movies. What drunk monkey throwing darts made that decision?

Frankly, they also have El Dorado ahead of True Grit and Silverado. I love El Dorado, I have a copy, but let's be real here.

They do have The Shootist at #31. that's a tremendous movie, and very close to one's heart if you're a big John Wayne fan.

Then they have Rio Bravo, another movie I really like with Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson in a quasi musical thing, ahead of The Searchers. I have Rio bravo, I like it, but better than The Searchers or High Noon?

It's not an awful list, and all the best ones are on it, just not quite in the right order. lol.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Top 100 Westerns... not mine

IIRC the list had the new True Grit ahead of the original...how’s that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire