Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Firearm ownership surging

Another surge is currently going on over the defund police movement. I expect June numbers will be huge also, as long as people can find in stock firearms to purchase. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...defund-police/

There were around 10,000,000 NICS checks from March to April.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/..._year.pdf/view
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 06-25-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Re: Firearm ownership surging

Going to get my Arizona et al concealed carry training next month.

Firearm ownership surging

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Is additional training required in AZ to carry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

we are doing our FL in two weeks. Having it at our house for me, my wife, son, my son in laws brother and one of his friends. Class of 5 is a good size. Will then go to the range. I like the private, or at least sort of private class. Guy who does it will do a class anywhere for 4 or more so it worked well. Not sure if I need a CCW for Colorado or if my FL one will do.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    we are doing our FL in two weeks. Having it at our house for me, my wife, son, my son in laws brother and one of his friends. Class of 5 is a good size. Will then go to the range. I like the private, or at least sort of private class. Guy who does it will do a class anywhere for 4 or more so it worked well. Not sure if I need a CCW for Colorado or if my FL one will do.
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...p/fl-gun-laws/
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Looked at a couple of AK's the other day. Wouldn't mind to add a couple of more. But going to cross my fingers and hope the election goes in a direction that will allow gun prices to drop again. Plus I want a few other things first.

I’ve been told AZ is accepted in states MT isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Looked at a couple of AK's the other day. Wouldn't mind to add a couple of more. But going to cross my fingers and hope the election goes in a direction that will allow gun prices to drop again. Plus I want a few other things first.
    I was in at a Rural King today, they had some 7.62x39, but nothing in .223/5.56 or 9mm. I checked the online stock at another local shop, nothing for the AR or the 9mm in stock. Around here ARs, AKs, any kind of pump or semiautomatic shotgun in 18.5-20 inch barrels are rare as hens’ teeth.

I’ve been told AZ is accepted in states MT isn’t.
    Based on the maps on Dan’s link there are states with fewer restrictions using the AZ CCW. The Com block states generally don’t accept any state’s CCW.

Illinois and Minnesota suck. I had to take my studded tires off to drive there in the winter and then drivehome to a raging blizzard. Also, always nervous driving through there with the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Based on the maps on Dan’s link there are states with fewer restrictions using the AZ CCW. The Com block states generally don’t accept any state’s CCW.

I have not gone back to look, but many reciprocal arrangements only work for concealed carry permits if the person permitted is a resident of the permitting state.
    seeya
    dan

Illinois and Minnesota suck. I had to take my studded tires off to drive there in the winter and then drivehome to a raging blizzard. Also, always nervous driving through there with the pistol.
    Both those states suck, but other than the liberal bent, the other reasons vary a lot.
    seeya
    dan

Illinois is OK as long as you remain clear of East St Louis and the area inside the I-90/94 loop in Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Both those states suck, but other than the liberal bent, the other reasons vary a lot.

Guys, here is where I get my ammo. Tough to beat pricing locally anyway..

SGAmmo.com newsletter

That's who I use for most everything as well. Had a link here but I think in a Front Porch thread.

I could use some more but then again can't you always use more ammo? It has such a wonderfully long shelf life. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I buy my ammo from this guy...

https://www.luckygunner.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Guys, here is where I get my ammo. Tough to beat pricing locally anyway..

SGAmmo.com newsletter
    Not much .223/5.56 or 9mm from them at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post

They are in the same shape for 5.56/.223 and 9mm.

Rupp's Runt

I suspect that while our country is experiencing this lawlessness trend, that commonly used caliber ammunition will be difficult to get.
    I am in pretty good shape with mine here. Could probably use some more 12 & 20 gauge, but what I have will be enough for now.

My wife asked if we had enough magazines for the myriad of 9MM’s in this condo, I told her “No, we could always use a few more” lol
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I suspect that while our country is experiencing this lawlessness trend, that commonly used caliber ammunition will be difficult to get.
    I am in pretty good shape with mine here. Could probably use some more 12 & 20 gauge, but what I have will be enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post

We get ours from a local guy and is way cheaper

www.grindhardammo.com

150 9mm practice rounds for $50. For me, that is great
    Last edited by Doc; 06-30-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    We get ours from a local guy and is way cheaper

www.grindhardammo.com

150 9mm practice rounds for $50. For me, that is great
    For FMJ 9mm I usually calculate deals based on $10-$12 per 50. Defense ammo is higher, sometimes a lot higher. I thought I did pretty good a month or so ago getting a 250 round tub for $52. They had a limit of 1, should have had my wife ring up 1 also.

Rupp's Runt

You can NEVER have enough bullets! 😎

Stopped at a gun shop this morning to check to see if the Charles Daly semiautomatic 12 gauge I have been coveting is in stock yet. They also didn’t have a single round of 9mm and didn’t know when they would have more.

Anyway, I was talking to the guy About how crazy things are to find, and he said he was going to bring in his $200 Mossberg 500 with mag pull furniture to sell. I asked if he was having to do that for inventory, and he said he is going to list it on Gunbroker, he showed me a listing for a plain Jane used Mossberg 500 home defense shotgun. Bidding was at $1200.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    You can NEVER have enough bullets! ��
    Apparently not. I got a Glock 19 back in May, and I am having trouble finding cheap, reliable FMJ for it. I bought a 250 round tub when I got it, limit was 1 per customer. Since then I haven’t found another box of 9mm at Rural King, found 1 box of Fiocchi for $12.99. I did find some Red Army Standard FMJ, cheap Berdan primed steel cased stuff today at Borders in Ashland for $10.99/50. They have a 100 round limit, so I was limited to two boxes. They did have some Federal 5.56 for $8.99/20, so I grabbed a couple of boxes of those. Another shop had Wolf, Brown Bear and Tula for $12.99/20, that’s pretty high considering I bought a couple of boxes of Tula for $3.99/20 just six weeks ago. The Tula, Wolf and Brown Bear stuff is ok to plink with, but isn’t known for any kind of accuracy.

27 cents per round here Keith. Seller is good to deal with and they ship as advertised

https://www.sgammo.com/product/feder...fmj-ammo-ae9ap
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    27 cents per round here Keith. Seller is good to deal with and they ship as advertised

https://www.sgammo.com/product/feder...fmj-ammo-ae9ap
    They don’t have any in stock, according to their website.

Sorry. I did not see the little light colored text bar that says out of stock. My bad

This outfit has some hollow point rounds for sale at a reasonable price, and it says they have it in stock. They are sold out of FMJ rounds

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index...istol-ammo-9mm

This company has a limited supply and their selection may be eligible for free shipping.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/9mm-...ammo-c-51.aspx

Sportsmans whse has some FMJ rounds and are a buy online pick up in store option.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...2BLuger&text=#
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 07-01-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Do you facebook? This guy is great at posting deals. Ammo goes quick of course, but he posts a lot of bulk ammo deals.

https://www.facebook.com/Mrgunsngear/

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Do you facebook? This guy is great at posting deals. Ammo goes quick of course, but he posts a lot of bulk ammo deals.

https://www.facebook.com/Mrgunsngear/
    Thanks, I added him to my follow list.