Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: CBS Sports Article: Did College Football return too soon?

CBS Sports Article: Did College Football return too soon?

Re: CBS Sports Article: Did College Football return too soon?

"The virus is in more control of this situation than we are," Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione.

I cringe every time I read garbage like this. It's a complete lack of leadership, and it's everywhere in government, medicine, business and sports. I've seen so many versions of that statement, and it absolutely disgusts me.

This isn't that difficult:
    1. Recognize that this situation is very serious, because it is.
    2. Recognize that it's imperative that we do NOT stop life again like we did in the spring, because it is.
    3. Resume as many activities as possible, including college sports, while doing everything you can to make them as safe as is reasonably possible.

College sports, particularly college football, goes much deeper than just sports. Even if you completely set aside its importance to fans, which you should not do, it's incredibly significant in any number of ways, including tens of thousands of college athletes (not just football and basketball players) getting an education they would not otherwise get if college football isn't played.

Fab Five

There has been no leadership in this country since GW Bush stood on a pile of rubble with a megaphone. I don’t expect it will return.
    Real Fan since 1958

The media and democrats showed their true colors about this virus when the protesting started. College athletes are testing positive and 99.9% are fine. So what do we do? We are shutting down facilities. Amazingly, protestors have not started any spread of the virus, it’s truly a miracle

Maybe the ADs would have more control of the virus if they didn’t have players and coaches out protesting.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.