Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

The Current Virus Surge

This is not going away any time soon IMO

https://www.foxnews.com/us/states-co...nation-factors
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: The Current Virus Surge

No. Some areas will roll back into stricter regulations. Higher ed and sports still look iffy

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    No. Some areas will roll back into stricter regulations. Higher ed and sports still look iffy
    On the plus side for higher ed, they are finally listening to me about recording their lectures to easily make them available when the campus is closed.

I question our leadership through the pandemic. History will not be kind to this group of wise American elders.
    The "screw it, I got mine" generation.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

The “surge” isn’t producing a corresponding surge in deaths and hospitalizations.

17CB8BD2-4DB6-4D61-A7D0-136CBF559D76.jpg

Well, we opened up the country again because we needed to. I had no problem with that.

But we need to do so in a way that protects us the best way we know. That's everybody wearing a mask. We can do this and still not bankrupt the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The “surge” isn’t producing a corresponding surge in deaths and hospitalizations.

17CB8BD2-4DB6-4D61-A7D0-136CBF559D76.jpg
    Hopefully that continues. Most all hospitalizations take place two to three weeks after infection. Related deaths even longer.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

As far as deaths are concerned, we're seeing a "surge" only in isolated areas. Unfortunately, it's still high.

Here's what we should be seeing, and what we're actually seeing. Please, wear a mask.

Daily deaths vs Western Europe.JPG

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    But we need to do so in a way that protects us the best way we know.
    Not possible IMO. Too many do not care enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Well, we opened up the country again because we needed to. I had no problem with that.

But we need to do so in a way that protects us the best way we know. That's everybody wearing a mask. We can do this and still not bankrupt the nation.
    Thats exactly right. It can be easy enough.

But when not wearing a mask or taking the virus serious is portrayed as proudly exercising your right as an American by our nations leader; and most of his followers consider the absence of a mask a badge of constitutional honor, how can we expect do this?

And I am certainly aware that the willingness to politicize the pandemic at the expense of our citizens is not only limited to hard core conservatives.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-20-2020 at 11:39 AM.

At this point, I don’t trust the average schmo to be wearing a mask. I must wear one for my own damn health, and avoid everyone not in one........

Isn’t everyone going to get this in the next five years or does a vaccine cure this better than the normal flu. I was kind of thinking it would be good to see the case numbers go up during the summer so that it doesn’t overwhelm the hospitals this fall, wasn’t that the original plan?
    Go Cats!

Pandemics traditionally die out through infection, this one will be no different.

I sm not sure the herd affect will work out with this virus. The antibodies that are present in people that have been afflicted with the virus and recover are not lasting more than a couple months. That is not typical of viruses we are used to seeing.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I sm not sure the herd affect will work out with this virus. The antibodies that are present in people that have been afflicted with the virus and recover are not lasting more than a couple months. That is not typical of viruses we are used to seeing.
    Herd immunity occurs once a large portion of a population has had the virus and the virus has a difficult time spreading. Is there evidence of reinfection?

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    On the plus side for higher ed, they are finally listening to me about recording their lectures to easily make them available when the campus is closed.
    doing so put high salaried university administrators jobs at risk. They have no desire to lower the costs of education by doing things like this. They want students ON CAMPUS as that leads to more $$$ in the coffers of the schools to be distributed to the faculty.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    doing so put high salaried university administrators jobs at risk. They have no desire to lower the costs of education by doing things like this. They want students ON CAMPUS as that leads to more $$$ in the coffers of the schools to be distributed to the faculty.
    Not at all for us. Our cost is about as cheap as it gets. Our issue is being able to find quality faculty willing to teach for our pay. We depend on numerous adjuncts. In our tech programs, we can often find people to teach the labs, but not qualified for the lectures. We also do not have housing for students. But yes, most 4 years and bigger 2 years want students on campus because they make a fortune off of housing and food services.

We really need to drain the swamp in KCTCS...Our system office has the over paid administrators.

seeya
    dan