Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket."

Re: “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket."

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You are digging a deeper hole

If he is choosing a less qualified person based on gender and race.....that is wrong and exactly what he is supposidly against. Now maybe Klobchar is more qualified, maybe not. IMO likely equally qualified, but the idea that somebody was ruled out based on gender and race is WRONG.
    I was joking Doc. I meant she was being self serving and not at all genuine.

Maybe this works better..

"Gracefully stepping aside, even while being ever so desirable, and publicly allowing Mr Biden the freedom to choose someone less qualified"

I thought the "being ever so desirable" would be a dead giveaway. I heard it in Kathryn Hepburn's voice when I typed it.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-21-2020 at 07:16 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I was joking Doc. I meant she was being self serving and not at all genuine.

Maybe this works better..

"Gracefully stepping aside, even while being ever so desirable, and publicly allowing Mr Biden the freedom to choose someone less qualified"
    OK...but the issue is the same. Klobecher was nixed based on race and gender. That is wrong. Is wrong when it happens to women and blacks and it is wrong when it happens to a white woman.

And yes on the self serving and non genuine...but she is a politician so that is normal
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

OK...but the issue is the same. Klobecher was nixed based on race and gender. That is wrong. Is wrong when it happens to women and blacks and it is wrong when it happens to a white woman.

And yes on the self serving and non genuine...but she is a politician so that is normal
    That is making an assumption I dont agree with at all. But no doubt that is exactly what she'd prefer to have everyone believe.
    What if someone else, who happened to be Black, is actually more qualified? Or should they be excluded because they are not white?

Honestly I didnt know Klobecher was that well respected here.

Truth is, there is a well known contempt for Democrats represented both in this thread and in FOX news reporting, and so there is no move that Biden can make that would be viewed in a positive light. And who knows, maybe thats the goal.
    And I'm aware and accepting of that. We have worked hard to get to the point where we finally disagreed in this discussion.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-21-2020 at 07:53 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Again, you assume it’s just rascally FOX news following Republicans...I watch, nor participate in neither and you would benefit from parking your political opinions and look at the playing field without skew too.
    I’m more interesting in him making the best choice, regardless what their gender or color may be. Biden can make a good choice. The problem as I see it is he has limited himself by limiting his selection field from a very small segment of availability. In doing what he has done, he is pandering to a voting block he would likely get anyway.
    If this was a game of odds, Biden is taking 10-20% and leaving the field for all other bettors. Very poor odds to pick the winner given what he has selected for himself.
    Believe it or not, I’m not a Trump supporter, he an egotistical, narcissistic ass. Biden doesn’t have much of a bar to surpass in my mind. The problem is he is showing signs of dementia, and the VP choice will likely run this show if he is elected. We don’t need an establishment rubber stamp in that position. Unfortunately that is what Biden is, and he will likely select a like kind VP.
    That is making an assumption I dont agree with at all. But no doubt that is exactly what she'd prefer to have everyone believe.
    What if someone else, who happened to be Black, is actually more qualified? Or should they be excluded because they are not white?

Truth is, there is a well known contempt for Democrats represented both in this thread and in FOX news reporting, and so there is no move that Biden can make that would be viewed in a positive light. And who knows, maybe thats the goal.
    And I'm aware and accepting of that. We have worked hard to get to the point where we finally disagreed in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Again, you assume it’s just rascally FOX news following Republicans...I watch, nor participate in neither and you would benefit from and look at the playing field without skew too.
    I’m more interesting in him making the best choice, regardless what their gender or color may be. Biden can make a good choice. The problem as I see it is he has limited himself by limiting his selection field from a very small segment of availability. In doing what he has done, he is pandering to a voting block he would likely get anyway.
    If this was a game of odds, Biden is taking 10-20% and leaving the field for all other bettors. Very poor odds to pick the winner given what he has selected for himself.
    Believe it or not, I’m not a Trump supporter, he an egotistical, narcissistic ass. Biden doesn’t have much of a bar to surpass in my mind. The problem is he is showing signs of dementia, and the VP choice will likely run this show if he is elected. We don’t need an establishment rubber stamp in that position. Unfortunately that is what Biden is, and he will likely select a like kind VP.
    Oh please.

This thread speaks for itself despite the hyperbole. I can only advise re-reading it with your own political opinions in park. And without trying to expose a political agenda that just did not exist on my end.

You know, I have agreed with almost everything you and others have posted....and look where that has gotten us.

I was expecting at least an "I misunderstood"...and got this. Geesh, what a tough crowd.

I am glad to find you are supporting Joe Biden by the way.
    But I refuse to agree that he cannot also
    choose a Black VP candidate for the right reasons.

Yet the thread was not really about that, although it has been obviously manipulated to be about Biden however...imo, at my expense.
    The thread was about Amy and how we all agreed she was wrong in what she said. And I gave a rational, non flattering reason why I believe she did so.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-21-2020 at 10:40 PM.

I made no assumptions, none at all.

Correction...I assumed that it actually Joe Biden, and not a CGI or body double of him.

In essence he has done exactly what he is suppose to be against which is prejudging based on gender or race. The FIRST qualifier was gender. That was the litmus test. It has zero to do with qualification. It has zero to do with any candidate being respected. The first criteria was having a vagina. Now if there were 10 quality candidates, all equal in ability (or even not) and he used gender as the deciding factor, fine (although I should mention that if I did that as a hiring practice, it would be illegal, but for a politician its fine. Laws don't apply to them). Subsequently he has qualified that he wants a "woman of color".

This has zero to do with contempt for the democrats. It has to do with gender as a selection factor and the hypocrisy of it. I would say the same if Trump dumped Pence solely because he wanted a woman VP based on nothing other than her chromosomal makeup, and voter pandering. But I did chuckle at "there is no move that Biden can make that would be viewed in a positive light" considering how the current President is viewed and treated.
    Last edited by Doc; 06-22-2020 at 09:28 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Oh please.

This thread speaks for itself despite the hyperbole. I can only advise re-reading it with your own political opinions in park. And without trying to expose a political agenda that just did not exist on my end.

You know, I have agreed with almost everything you and others have posted....and look where that has gotten us.

I was expecting at least an "I misunderstood"...and got this. Geesh, what a tough crowd.

I am glad to find you are supporting Joe Biden by the way.
    But I refuse to agree that he cannot also
    choose a Black VP candidate for the right reasons.

Yet the thread was not really about that, although it has been obviously manipulated to be about Biden however...imo, at my expense.
    The thread was about Amy and how we all agreed she was wrong in what she said. And I gave a rational, non flattering reason why I believe she did so.
    The point is HE CAN PICK A BLACK (FEMALE) VP CANDIDATE. In fact he can pick a quality one as I am sure there are many out there. The problem/point is he elected to make the first criteria gender, something that should be wrong, something that is inherently wrong. Its wrong when women are excluded from a job based on gender, or minorities based on race. His pick, by his words, will be based, in part, on GENDER and RACE. But in his mind and the minds of many that is OK because it is a woman and black. Saying he would pick a White Male would be called sexist and racist because it is. But for some reason saying it will be a woman who is of color makes it nonsexist and nonracist. It is not about the actual pick, its about the qualifications he put on the pick.
    Last edited by Doc; 06-22-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Read the thread title. The thread is titled on the quote from Biden. The thread was not about Klobechar, it was about his statement “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket."

You said it much better than I did Doc....

The point is HE CAN PICK A BLACK (FEMALE) VP CANDIDATE. In fact he can pick a quality one as I am sure there are many out there. The problem/point is he elected to make the first criteria gender, something that should be wrong, something that is inherently wrong. Its wrong when women are excluded from a job based on gender, or minorities based on race. His pick, by his words, will be based on GENDER and RACE. But in his mind and the minds of many that is OK because it is a woman and black. Saying he would pick a White Male would be called sexist and racist because it is. But for some reason saying it will be a woman who is of color makes it nonsexist and nonracist. It is not about the actual pick, its about the qualifications he put on the pick.

Read the thread title. The thread is titled on the quote from Biden. The thread was not about Klobechar, it was about his statement “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket."
    Are you certain that is a Biden quote we have been discussing? I honestly have been addressing the quote from Amy.

From the article..

"Klobuchar told MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell she called Biden Wednesday evening with her decision, saying she believes “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket."

Biden pledged earlier this year to pick a woman to be his running mate and is currently considering about a half dozen candidates, including several women of color"

Biden has not pledged to choose a Black Woman. He has said he will choose a woman, and I believe he has known for a long time who his running mate will be.

It was not Amy, and she is faking a noble self sacrificing act..as she was never really the choice. That's my assumption anyway.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-22-2020 at 10:40 AM.

But who knows, maybe Joe will pick her anyway in the end and her self sacrifice will be the selling point. That wouldn't be a total shocker.

That's show busi..I mean politics.

By the way, I should have caught the misunderstanding much sooner and we could have avoided much disagreement.

Doc stated..
    "OK...but the issue is the same. Klobecher was nixed based on race and gender. That is wrong. Is wrong when it happens to women and blacks and it is wrong when it happens to a white woman"

And the statement was supported throughout the thread.
    This is the assumption I was referring to.

Had you been correct and Biden stated that and then nixed her based on race and gender, I would have agreed with you.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-22-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Are you certain that is a Biden quote we have been discussing? I honestly have been addressing the quote from Amy.

From the article..

"Klobuchar told MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell she called Biden Wednesday evening with her decision, saying she believes “this is a moment to put a woman of color on that ticket."

Biden pledged earlier this year to pick a woman to be his running mate and is currently considering about a half dozen candidates, including several women of color"

Biden has not pledged to choose a Black Woman. He has said he will choose a woman, and I believe he has known for a long time who his running mate will be.

It was not Amy, and she is faking a noble self sacrificing act..as she was never really the choice. That's my assumption anyway.
    Guess they both said it.......

I forgive you all..

Likewise lol
    I forgive you all..