Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: June 11 prediction.. NBA will not resume play and cancel season...

June 11 prediction.. NBA will not resume play and cancel season...

Players don’t want to be in Orlando that long.. I predict hockey will be the first sport back. MLB is Crapping their pants.

Re: June 11 prediction.. NBA will not resume play and cancel season...

I read the article on ESPN that some NBA players are not on board with the idea. I thought the same. Hard to fault them either way

Peace

Richard (CW)

Makes sense that players on bad teams don't want to come back (read: Phoenix), but I bet that's a limited view.

I am getting tired of some of these million dollar crybabies. If your employer says you have to go back to work...go back!

Rupp's Runt

Don't watch NBA, don't really care if they play or not. But to me, at this point, the title just wouldn't mean the same to me.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

NBA going belly-up would be better news, but I will take this

Darryl

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Players don’t want to be in Orlando that long.. I predict hockey will be the first sport back. MLB is Crapping their pants.
    Soccer? NASCAR? Golf comes back today?

The most watched sports league in the world, the EPL, returns a week from yesterday.

Hockey would be at best the fourth sport back.
    Last edited by Bakert; 06-11-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Wrong game on

It’s not a bad prediction but it will be back imo. There is just too much money on the table for them not to be.
    Both sides have already voted to approve it. So it’s just crossing t’s and dotting i’s now. I think what they will do is lax up on some of the restrictions.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Blue View Post
    I am getting tired of some of these million dollar crybabies. If your employer says you have to go back to work...go back!
    I’m tired of these guys myself. For 35 years I had jobS where you had to be at work regardless of anything happening. I drove through the riot areas in Louisville’s West End because my employer was expecting me. I had a job where if there was a weather emergency, not only did I have to be there, I was expected to be there early and stay until I was relieved. I never bitched about it, because other people depended on me.

Mac McAnally sums it up best for me.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...rwSMwMJjqpF4n3
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Blue View Post
    To be fair, their complaints are not about "going back to work". I think they unanimously would love to. Their complaint is being in a "bubble" and having to isolate from family and friends (only 4 other family members are allowed to be there with them and they cannot leave the quarantined bubble either) for two months or more.
    And it sounds like the ones complaining are teams like the Suns.
    They have zero shot at winning it all and they know it. But they will have to go through all of the same quarantine measures while going through a training camp, practices, scrimmages and then 8 games....just to be eliminated right away. And almost all of these players live in cities where they are not under stay at home orders. They can move around and go freely. So they don't get why they would have to fly to a city across the United States, live in a hotel for two months and be away from friends/family just to be eliminated and never make the playoffs.

Its a fair complaint.
    ~Puma~

June 11 prediction.. NBA will not resume play and cancel season...

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    To be fair, their complaints are not about "going back to work". I think they unanimously would love to. Their complaint is being in a "bubble" and having to isolate from family and friends (only 4 other family members are allowed to be there with them and they cannot leave the quarantined bubble either) for two months or more.
    And it sounds like the ones complaining are teams like the Suns.
    They have zero shot at winning it all and they know it. But they will have to go through all of the same quarantine measures while going through a training camp, practices, scrimmages and then 8 games....just to be eliminated right away. And almost all of these players live in cities where they are not under stay at home orders. They can move around and go freely. So they don't get why they would have to fly to a city across the United States, live in a hotel for two months and be away from friends/family just to be eliminated and never make the playoffs.

Its a fair complaint.
    How about because it’s their job. Are you ok with them refusing to travel for away games if they don’t think they are good enough to win it because they don’t want to be bothered or be away from their families? I know it’s an exaggeration of your point but people all over the US (and world for that matter) are being asked to work differently to earn their paychecks and They are earning a hell of a lot less than these guys who will have to endure 5 star hotels for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by udcat View Post
    How about because it’s their job. Are you ok with them refusing to travel for away games if they don’t think they are good enough to win it because they don’t want to be bothered or be away from their families? I know it’s an exaggeration of your point but people all over the US (and world for that matter) are being asked to work differently to earn their paychecks and They are earning a hell of a lot less than these guys who will have to endure 5 star hotels for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its a choice. Its their choice. They play and get paid. Or they don't play and don't get paid. Isn't that how every job works? I guess I don't get the problem.
    ~Puma~

Bombino

Its a choice. Its their choice. They play and get paid. Or they don't play and don't get paid. Isn't that how every job works? I guess I don't get the problem.
    Unless you are independent contractor that is not the way it works. I could not take off half the year without pay and expect to have my job waiting for me. Employers need a consistent work force to be viable business. Employees can’t take off just because the feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopcat View Post
    Unless you are independent contractor that is not the way it works. I could not take off half the year without pay and expect to have my job waiting for me. Employers need a consistent work force to be viable business. Employees can’t take off just because the feel like it.

Right now, because of Covid, MANY jobs are allowing people to not go to work WITH pay. Much less choosing not to without. Again, this was a reported 20-30 players out of 330. Its a very small group that complained about the bubble stuff. I don't blame them frankly. I would be pushing to play at home near my family too. If you have the leverage, why not try?
    ~Puma~

Oh they will play...if for no other reason because Lebron James was set up for a good shot at the title and he only has about 2-3 more legitimate chances to win one imo. So yes, they will play. Its a huge opportunity for the league imo with no other major sports in session.
    Go Cats!

Based on how the virus works and spreads, I think major events with big crowds, especially those that occur indoors, would be the last thing to return to normal, unfortunately.

This prediction may be looking better. Growing number of players are taking issue. Apparently, Kyrie is leading the charge. That annoys me because he can't play anyways.
    ~Puma~

Fab Five

This prediction may be looking better. Growing number of players are taking issue. Apparently, Kyrie is leading the charge. That annoys me because he can't play anyways.
    Another battle between Kylie and Le Bron???
    Real Fan since 1958

And the charge by kyrie has zero to do with the virus

And the charge by kyrie has zero to do with the virus
    I still think they will play. But Kyrie is not making it easier.

Don’t care if any Professional sport starts Back up... Let the liberal media embellish this and not pay the money to these poor millionaires..

Don’t care if any Professional sport starts Back up... Let the liberal media embellish this and not pay the money to these poor millionaires..
    I feel you but college sports are doubtful to play if pros dont

Kyrie is a mental case. I think he would never play if there was some dramatic reason as to why they should question it.
    Go Cats!

Ditto!!

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Ditto!!

Darryl
    Darryl, how do you feel about the NBA? Haven't heard you mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    LOL. I do depend on King LeBron, Steve Kerr and A-hole Popovich and people like that for my moral guidance each morning.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    LOL. I do depend on King LeBron, Steve Kerr and A-hole Popovich and people like that for my moral guidance each morning.

Darryl
    Unless you live in Hong Kong. I don't think Chinese lives matter too much to them,b/c, you know, they make money on Chinese repression.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Unless you live in Hong Kong. I don't think Chinese lives matter too much to them,b/c, you know, they make money on Chinese repression.
    But Chuck, they are so politically active on how to tell Trump how to run the country. They were totally silent on the Chinese repression
    and the virus they sent out into the world.

Who would not trust a God-fearing, morally superior regime like the communist Chinese?

Darryl

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

The NBA as a whole has proven to check their morality at the door when it comes to China. Just like Henry Clay and many slave owners who said they "deplored" the situation but could not willingly give up their property.

In this regard Lebron is no better than a slave owner.