Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yellowstone area vacation recommendations needed

So due to cancellations with flights to Disney and Denver I think we may sneak a family trip in to Yellowstone area because we can fly into Billings for about $200/ea and have tons of vouchers to use. With that said, where do we go from there? I’m open to staying in one area such as around the perimeter of Yellowstone, the Tetons, or Jackson hole. Also fond of moving around and staying in a few spots. Only there from Sunday to Friday and will rent a car and be mobile from Billings. Looking at last week of July. Planning to air bnb. I figure big sky will have some ideas, but others have probably been. We want to basically hike and sightsee. We’ve done Yosemite and loved that. It will be the family with two senior boys and a freshman girl. Would love to stay in a place I can wake up to a view off my porch which is probably all of them. Fire away!!!!
    Go Cats!

Rupp's Runt

Re: Yellowstone area vacation recommendations needed

I recommend you take me with you.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I recommend you take me with you.
    I don’t want to make any enemies, my kids would probably make you crazy.
    Go Cats!

bigsky would be my go to guy for info on that area
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Message me or call 406-599-5836 maybe tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Will do thanks!
    Go Cats!

Please post any updates Padukacat.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    I don’t want to make any enemies, my kids would probably make you crazy.
    Too late, my kids have already made me crazy.

I hope you post pictures and share your experience. I hope to visit that region of the US some day. But that might be with my 2nd wife before it happens. Just not sure how I can explain that to my current wife.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Too late, my kids have already made me crazy.

I hope you post pictures and share your experience. I hope to visit that region of the US some day. But that might be with my 2nd wife before it happens. Just not sure how I can explain that to my current wife.
    This is my first Yellowstone trip. Thanks to Bigsky I was able to figure out a good itinerary and got it all booked today. Things were filling up fast. Not a cheap trip but we have flight money to burn by Friday so had to do something. I’ve wanted to do this a while my wife isn’t an outdoors type but she gave in. It was that or I was on to number two. Jk.
    Go Cats!

I have a million pictures, some really good ones, but wanted to share one and let you guys know this was a MAGICAL vacation. I planned for two months and it was everything I expected and more. Thanks to Bigsky for some advice too, I actually texted him as I went through Bozeman, he helped create a wonderful city. Great place!

Attachment 9535
    Go Cats!

Not sure why those are sideways...just turn your head so I can save the effort.
    Go Cats!

Thanks for the rotate friend!
    Go Cats!

Was more interesting when the water was flowing sideways. Now THAT would be worth a trip.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

So the wife and I look to be driving out to Yellowstone later this month (Aug. 15th-21) . Any tips or tricks you could advise based on what BigSky told you? Obviously this is more last minute but the more information the better.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Any advice for a bit more last minute? I don't want to be so presumptuous as to msg you directly.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-05-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Rupp's Runt

Glad you guys had fun. Really hope to go some day.

Pedro - My advice is don't go, stay there and cure Covid. I want to go out again.

Can't get much more socially distanced than a supervolcano caldera.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Pedro - My advice is don't go, stay there and cure Covid. I want to go out again.

X2, Pedro. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    X2, Pedro. Please.
    Kids are so lazy these days. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    So the wife and I look to be driving out to Yellowstone later this month (Aug. 15th-21) . Any tips or tricks you could advise based on what BigSky told you? Obviously this is more last minute but the more information the better.

Any advice for a bit more last minute? I don't want to be so presumptuous as to msg you directly.
    Gosh I have a spreadsheet if you send me your email. I learned a lot being there, I have a few tips for sure.
    Go Cats!

Yellowstone is an amazing place. I love it. I'm not sure which I liked best, it or Bryce canyon. Probably Yellowstone, because there is so much to see.

Hey I’d like to get your recommendations too

Bombino

Gosh I have a spreadsheet if you send me your email. I learned a lot being there, I have a few tips for sure.
    My Gmail address is the same as my username here. (I am avoiding typing it to prevent an uptick in spam). Thanks a bunch!

X2, Pedro. Please.

Honestly, since COVID hit, work has been insane and I need a break. I am supporting pretty much all of our products that are NOT Covid tests, so that other company resources can focus on those. On top of that, the wife's birthday is Aug. 15th. I figured a trip to see nature (where we can keep away from people as much as possible) would be a much better celebration than my cooking. My cooking is FAR more likely to kill/injure her than COVID.

As for the risks involved: We are avid mask wearers having already been used to wearing them before the virus ever hit (me because of work, her because she's Asian). We chose natural scenery because we can ensure we keep distance. Hotel's are unavoidable but we anticipate minimizing the time we are in common areas and using AirBnB where possible. We also both enjoy long drives, so we plan to do a good amount of driving around just to see things. The wife is planning our stops and oddly enough she just asked if I had ever heard of Bozeman .
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-06-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Pedro, it's interesting that you mentioned the mask wearing and your wife being used to it due to her culture and you being used to it because of your work. I was just talking with with my wife last night about how this pandemic is going to change my life forever in that regard. Before, I will admit that when I saw someone wearing a mask I always thought it was strange. Now, even after we substantially beat this thing, I anticipate I will be wearing masks in stores, and other areas in which the public congregates for years to come. Just seems like a smart thing to do.

The Asian custom of wearing a mask when you yourself are ill seems to be to be polite. I dont' think wearing one when you are healthy, once this is over, is as desirable, but if we could adopt the view that it is rude to go around coughing and sneezing on people when you are sick that would be dandy.

A lot of people try to avoid others and do things to not spread the disease, but the forceful step of wearing a mask is obviously much more effective, both in physical terms and also putting others on notice to not be too close, shake hands, etc.

Now, back to this "break" of which you speak. Bc I'm pretty sure you can take one as soon as I can go out drinking again.

Bombino

Pedro, it's interesting that you mentioned the mask wearing and your wife being used to it due to her culture and you being used to it because of your work. I was just talking with with my wife last night about how this pandemic is going to change my life forever in that regard. Before, I will admit that when I saw someone wearing a mask I always thought it was strange. Now, even after we substantially beat this thing, I anticipate I will be wearing masks in stores, and other areas in which the public congregates for years to come. Just seems like a smart thing to do.
    The Asian custom of wearing a mask when you yourself are ill seems to be to be polite. I dont' think wearing one when you are healthy, once this is over, is as desirable, but if we could adopt the view that it is rude to go around coughing and sneezing on people when you are sick that would be dandy.

A lot of people try to avoid others and do things to not spread the disease, but the forceful step of wearing a mask is obviously much more effective, both in physical terms and also putting others on notice to not be too close, shake hands, etc.
    In Asia, they also do it when any sickness starts becoming common, such as flu season; they do it whether they feel ill or not. It is definitely a societal focused view point but one I think we could stand to learn here.

Sorry I haven’t responded to this lol try and get the laptop out and send you some stuff tomorrow Pedro.
    Go Cats!

Bombino

Sorry I haven’t responded to this lol try and get the laptop out and send you some stuff tomorrow Pedro.
    No worries. You've had way way way more important things to worry about. If you don't get to it, I fully truly understand.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Before, I will admit that when I saw someone wearing a mask I always thought it was strange.
    Me too

Never wore a mask before. But we would intentionally go places when people were not there. Partly because we are introverted and hate crowds, plus it is just easier to shop, eat, whatever. But also to avoid crowds for the flu and whatever else is out there.

So I’d like your feedback. What to recommend not recommend etc.