Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Andrew McCarthy article shows: institutional racism is a liberal media driven lie

Link

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...racism-canard/

Of course, every person that is not a Liberal/Democrat is racist

Darryl
    Last edited by Darryl; 06-04-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Re: Andrew McCarthy article shows: institutional racism is a liberal media driven lie

While I agree, there are some issues, and since stats don't conclusively prove much. Stats are simple data from which vonclusions are drawn.

Would be nice to adjust to per capita as well as per incident (arrest).
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Andrew McCarthy article shows: institutional racism is a liberal media driven lie

Of course, every person that is not a Liberal/Democrat is racist

Darryl
    No joke...yesterday I was labelled a racist on facebook for suggesting looters were not good peolple. Apparently all looters are black...unbeknowst to me. And looters is now a "dog whistle", also unbeknowst to me.

And the kicker was it was done "respectfully" in facebook but got a message to "FU". And this from a fratenity brother
    Last edited by Doc; 06-04-2020 at 03:48 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    No joke...yesterday I was labelled a racist on facebook for suggesting looters were not good peolple. Apparently all looters are black...unbeknowst to me. And looters is now a "dog whistle", also unbeknowst to me.

And the kicker was it was done "respectfully" in facebook but got a message to "FU". And this from a fratenity brother
    Every person of color who doesn’t toe the line is decried as an Uncle Tom.

Just remember, if you don't vote for Biden then you ain't black

Oh man, I understand you, Doc, so freaking much! I have been in similar situations a couple of times in my life. I was labeled a racist for some foolish things, and I still cannot explain myself how someone can label another person a "racist" based on some words or actions that are not related to racism or racism actions. That is so freaking stupid, I have never been a racist, and not even my parents, they have never been racists, and when I am being called a racist, I feel like I am being insulted. That is exactly why we also need a good activist who fights for people's rights, and not only the African Americans, as I think labeling someone a racist, even though he is not, I consider it discrimination as well.
    Last edited by Mannzie; 07-26-2021 at 12:46 PM.

While I agree, there are some issues, and since stats don't conclusively prove much. Stats are simple data from which vonclusions are drawn.

Would be nice to adjust to per capita as well as per incident (arrest).

There are stats and then there are facts.. I get it. As a recovering accountant I am always supposed to ask my client what they want the number to be.

IF whites are 70% of the population a true statistical approach would say that Whites should be shot 70% of the time by police.

We all know that is way to simple. This is a multi-variant issue that includes location, demographics, age, sex, income levels, and even type of shooting (emotional/spur of moment vs. planned).

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    IF whites are 70% of the population a true statistical approach would say that Whites should be shot 70% of the time by police.

That is 100% incorrect. If the police were RANDOMLY shooting citizens then 70% should be white. However the police do not randomly shoot citizens. They tend to deal with criminals , and it is typically violent criminals that get shot. If whites are.committing 70% of the violent crimes, then 70% of those shot should be white.

Cousin Andy

That is 100% incorrect. If the police were RANDOMLY shooting citizens then 70% should be white. However the police do not randomly shoot citizens. They tend to deal with criminals , and it is typically violent criminals that get shot. If whites are.committing 70% of the violent crimes, then 70% of those shot should be white.
    Doc, hence my followup statement. It is a multi-variant issue that cannot be looked at from a prism only focusing on percentage of the time one race is shot.