Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

This is going to go well

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-liv...ny-leader-says

BLM looking to the Black Panthers and Nation of islam for inspiration, and arming themselves.

Trump talking about using the military (no doubt a huge step even if legal), now talk on both sides of arming themselves.

Can we go back to when a serious political discussion was someone having a bad debate night?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: This is going to go well

IMO just pull all police out of "black communities" and let it turn into a free for all. Move them all to "white communities". And I always thought segregation was a bad thing
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    IMO just pull all police out of "black communities" and let it turn into a free for all. Move them all to "white communities". And I always thought segregation was a bad thing
    To be fair, the police departments should move the black officers to the black neighborhoods and the white ones to the white bedroom communities and the high rise downtown enclaves.

The commercial areas will have to do like they are now and hire their own militias.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Now we need to pay as much attention to the three percenters but an armed BLM changes the calculus some.

Stakes being raised.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Now we need to pay as much attention to the three percenters but an armed BLM changes the calculus some.

Stakes being raised
    That would be interesting. They can protect the honest hard working blacks in their neighborhoods, or then can protect the gang bangers that won't shoot back if you are heavily armed and their friend.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    That would be interesting. They can protect the honest hard working blacks in their neighborhoods, or then can protect the gang bangers that won't shoot back if you are heavily armed and their friend.
    I'm not against the notion of people arming themselves. I think gangs run Chicago in part b/c they're the only ones with guns. I'm all for people in inner cities being able to defend themselves, b/c most of those cities and states have laws to prevent armed self defense.

What is troubling is that they specifically cited two entities that are deeply rooted in racism and anti-Semitism as examples. I'm hoping they only mean in terms of arming themselves, but I doubt it.

I doubt it b/c it was termed a "war on police", not a "war on gangs who are ripping our neighborhoods apart". If they were calling for an end to crime in these areas I'd be all for it, but an end to what policing does exist in them (which appears to be meager at best and often misplaced) doesn't seem like a positive direction.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    To be fair, the police departments should move the black officers to the black neighborhoods and the white ones to the white bedroom communities and the high rise downtown enclaves.

The commercial areas will have to do like they are now and hire their own militias.
    Personally I have no issue with that however that would be segragation which is illegal. The SCOTUS rules seperate but equal as illegal. However my subtle point was what exactly are black communities? And white communities? Are we not trying to get beyond that and have just plain communities?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post

Stakes being raised.
    Antifa and the anarchists are the biggest concern, IMO. Those groups are those causing a lot of the violence and looting right now, and have financial backing.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm not against the notion of people arming themselves. I think gangs run Chicago in part b/c they're the only ones with guns. I'm all for people in inner cities being able to defend themselves, b/c most of those cities and states have laws to prevent armed self defense.

What is troubling is that they specifically cited two entities that are deeply rooted in racism and anti-Semitism as examples. I'm hoping they only mean in terms of arming themselves, but I doubt it.

I doubt it b/c it was termed a "war on police", not a "war on gangs who are ripping our neighborhoods apart". If they were calling for an end to crime in these areas I'd be all for it, but an end to what policing does exist in them (which appears to be meager at best and often misplaced) doesn't seem like a positive direction.
    Who has the most to gain by policing coming to an end in those areas? It isn’t the people who are now concerned because the stores they shop and depend upon being burned down. A lot of the looting were systematic, and planned. Mobs don’t plan, protestors don’t plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Personally I have no issue with that however that would be segragation which is illegal. The SCOTUS rules seperate but equal as illegal. However my subtle point was what exactly are black communities? And white communities? Are we not trying to get beyond that and have just plain communities?
    However my subtle point was what exactly are black communities? And white communities? Are we not trying to get beyond that and have just plain communities?
    I can take you to where the majority of blacks live in my hometown, a burg of about 7,500 folks. I can give you a guided tour of the black enclaves in Bowling Green. About 1/2 of 1% of the black residents live in areas where white folks are in the majority. The only segregation is because of economics, and there is no discrimination of blacks if they have the money to buy property and maintain it to the standard of the established property owners. Can also take you to east St Louis and lock the doors, roll up the windows and drive thru town without stopping for anything other than traffic lights. I would not fear living in either of the black areas of the two towns in KY, but I am not living in East St Louis for love nor money.
    seeya
    dan