Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: General Mattis pens a damning critique of the President

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Right, and I'm up by 30 points in the first half.

So far, he's butchered what I said, has deflected every question that I've asked, thrown Antifa around, and has contributed absolutely nothing to the conversation.
    Dude, you ran out of time with 15 minutes to play in the first half.

I'm not seeing any actions that unite us. If you can show me some, I'd be interested to see them. His language and actions has always been divisive...

Enemy of the people
    Radical Left
    Which hunt
    Democratic hoax
    Good people on both sides

I can go on and on.

Trump isn't the cause, that is systematic evolving ideologies over generations, but he is a symptom and plays a proud part to further stoke the fire and fan the flames.
    The mantra of the left is constantly that Trump is a divider, they keep hoping someone other than idiots will buy into it.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Liberals started dividing the nation the minute Trump won and all those Clinton/Obama assholes in the media literally cried reporting the results.

The Snowflakes cannot stand that Trump fights back. I find it hilarious they are big fans of RHINOs like McCain, Romney, Ryan, that idiot former Ohio Governor, etc

Obama hated this country, the military, the Police, attended a Hate white people church. He and his wife were every bit as bigoted as Al Sharpton, but were way more clever.

The virus may end up sinking him but it will be hilarious if Trump gets 4 more years.

Darryl

I'm not seeing any actions that unite us. If you can show me some, I'd be interested to see them. His language and actions has always been divisive...

Enemy of the people
    Radical Left
    Which hunt
    Democratic hoax
    Good people on both sides

I can go on and on.

Trump isn't the cause, that is systematic evolving ideologies over generations, but he is a symptom and plays a proud part to further stoke the fire and fan the flames.
    And with Hillary it was "deplorables". Do you really think leaders on the left are somehow less insulting to those who disagree with them? Maybe not as childish as Trump and his namecalling, but certainly as insulting and dismissive.

Look at you as an example. I asked for what we would do if we assumed you were right, and you said that white privilege isn't an assumption, it's a fact. Clearly that is now a point of political debate and lots of people seem to disagree. How are you helping to "unite us" if your position is that you know the all seeing truth and anyone who disagrees is just flat wrong and, as you said about me, "contributes nothing to the conversation"?

not a very good starting point for unity to dismiss about half of the country (based on the last election).

To many the very notions you see as fact are thus "divisive", and if you can't see that and listen to other perspectives then how are you different from Trump and his "deplorables" base? Those people are Americans too, and they feel they have had no voice for a while either, if ever, so why do they deserve less consideration?

If you want "unity" then yes those on the right need to listen to what you are saying, but you have to listen too. Right now I see no interest in listening by much of anyone on either side.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Liberals started dividing the nation the minute Trump won and all those Clinton/Obama assholes in the media literally cried reporting the results.

The Snowflakes cannot stand that Trump fights back. I find it hilarious they are big fans of RHINOs like McCain, Romney, Ryan, that idiot former Ohio Governor, etc

Obama hated this country, the military, the Police, attended a Hate white people church. He and his wife were every bit as bigoted as Al Sharpton, but were way more clever.

The virus may end up sinking him but it will be hilarious if Trump gets 4 more years.

Darryl
    The Democrats have been dividing the country since the Civil War. When they were no longer able to control lack Americans sufficiently in the South they moved them to the inner cities of the North, the new plantations.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    If you want "unity" then yes those on the right need to listen to what you are saying, but you have to listen too. Right now I see no interest in listening by much of anyone on either side.
    Our government system is not designed for unity, it is designed for disagreement, discourse and compromise. The social media methods of blocking, unfriending, etc. have made it so that you can’t simply disagree with someone.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

General Mattis didn't seem to fall into the lberal category. Those who dismiss Mattis may be correct. But I think you have some serious blinders on when it comes to Trump.

His Secretary of Defense a man that was praised here is being lumped in with Hillary and wacko liberals.

Maybe Mattis is not a conservative but maybe Donald Trump as president is a serious threat the country. As a businessman or the horny old guy with a hot wife, he is annoying but harmless.

But as president, single greatest individual threat our nation has ever known. A four star general who served at his pleasure and know hims personally is verbalizing some of my greatest fears.

I don't think I have blinders. I have 3 years of history on my side at this point.

he's an ass. I don't like him. I don't like defending him. I'm sure he's awful, just awful to work for or with on any longterm basis. I'm sure he has a lot of Napoleon Syndrome, and mostly he's simply a New York a-hole. But you know what? So is De Blasio, Bloomberg, Cuomo, etc. They're jerks. So his Hillary. She's a well known high-riding bitch. John McCain was infamous for his temper directed at his staff.

The difference between Trump and the others is they hide it better, whereas Trump is just Trump, he has no filter and no polish.

But he's done absolutely NOTHING in 3 years that justifies your fears. He's said things you don't like, but that is meaningless. Has he disbanded NATO? No. Are they even weaker? No, they are stronger. Has he ignored any judges order?

He hasn't done anything other President's don't do. Other POTUSes negotiate appearances before Congress, ignore subpoenas, stonewall documents, etc. Obama's AG was held in contempt for the first time in history it got so bad.

Has he prosecuted people willy nilly? No. Has he even prosecuted leakers as much as Obama? No.

So why is he such a threat? B/c people don't like what he says. Sorry, that's just not enough to support the position, esp. after 3 years and absolutely nothing has happened. Threatening to send the military to support the police in stopping riots isn't going to harm our Constitution in any way. Heck we've done it before and nothing was damaged.

I said when this started he would be a loudmouthed jerk, but that he was not going to create any real shift in US policy or our Constitutional framework, and so far 3 years in and I was dead on target.

At some point one must yield to the empirical evidence. If you keep saying the world will end on June 1st after so many years it's time to re-evaluate the model. I had hoped an absurdly expansive rectal exam from Mueller would quell some of this, but clearly it hasn't. I don't know of any POTUS who has been so scrutinized and come up so clean to be so believed to be the antichrist. I really don't get what he does that evokes such emotion, honestly from his followers or haters.

He's just a man like any other to me, useful when he pushes things I like and a hindrance when he doesn't, like any politician. I have no interest in him beyond the policies he implements which I support, which is not even close to a match, but at least has some overlap here and there versus the last 8 years.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

As for Mattis, he's a general. You know what generals love most? The military.

Trump is threatening to do something the military doesn't want to do, and it's not so much b/c they're worried about the constitution. What they don't want to do is get into the middle of the politics, and mostly NOT get the PR problem the police have right now.

IF they are pictured arresting people and using gas then they look bad. The military brass doesn't want any part of the image problem the police have right now. It's bad for the military.

And Mattis and every other general cares a LOT about what is good and bad for the military. The constitution is a nice excuse, except that, as I pointed out, the Constitution has no issues with it.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us"
    The first divider in our lifetimes is Obama (Im not much of a presidential historian to opine whether there were others before). He was just not in your face about it like Trump. He used the IRS to go after his opposition - let that sink in, he used a department of the government to target the citizens opposed to his agenda. And there were no repercussions. This, to me, is far far more threatening and egregious than anything Trump has done.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't think I have blinders. I have 3 years of history on my side at this point.

he's an ass. I don't like him. I don't like defending him. I'm sure he's awful, just awful to work for or with on any longterm basis. I'm sure he has a lot of Napoleon Syndrome, and mostly he's simply a New York a-hole. But you know what? So is De Blasio, Bloomberg, Cuomo, etc. They're jerks. So his Hillary. She's a well known high-riding bitch. John McCain was infamous for his temper directed at his staff.

The difference between Trump and the others is they hide it better, whereas Trump is just Trump, he has no filter and no polish.

But he's done absolutely NOTHING in 3 years that justifies your fears. He's said things you don't like, but that is meaningless. Has he disbanded NATO? No. Are they even weaker? No, they are stronger. Has he ignored any judges order?

He hasn't done anything other President's don't do. Other POTUSes negotiate appearances before Congress, ignore subpoenas, stonewall documents, etc. Obama's AG was held in contempt for the first time in history it got so bad.

Has he prosecuted people willy nilly? No. Has he even prosecuted leakers as much as Obama? No.

So why is he such a threat? B/c people don't like what he says. Sorry, that's just not enough to support the position, esp. after 3 years and absolutely nothing has happened. Threatening to send the military to support the police in stopping riots isn't going to harm our Constitution in any way. Heck we've done it before and nothing was damaged.

I said when this started he would be a loudmouthed jerk, but that he was not going to create any real shift in US policy or our Constitutional framework, and so far 3 years in and I was dead on target.

At some point one must yield to the empirical evidence. If you keep saying the world will end on June 1st after so many years it's time to re-evaluate the model. I had hoped an absurdly expansive rectal exam from Mueller would quell some of this, but clearly it hasn't. I don't know of any POTUS who has been so scrutinized and come up so clean to be so believed to be the antichrist. I really don't get what he does that evokes such emotion, honestly from his followers or haters.

He's just a man like any other to me, useful when he pushes things I like and a hindrance when he doesn't, like any politician. I have no interest in him beyond the policies he implements which I support, which is not even close to a match, but at least has some overlap here and there versus the last 8 years.
    That’s pretty much it in a nutshell.

A lot of the issues with Trump comes down to one thing. He isn’t a politician, and doesn’t pretend to be a politician. The guy is a businessman who is more concerned with results than he is in not stepping on toes.

The media and left have taken on the “Boy Who Cried Wolf” persona regarding Trump. Just how many fake Constitutional crises have they trumpeted? None became reality. The latest one isn’t reality, either. Federal troops have been called out multiple times in my lifetime, to claim that this one would result in a Constitutional crisis is an attempt to politically sway the ignorant people.

Here is a decent article on the Insurrection Act and when it has been used previously by Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson and Bush 41. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/insu...ry?id=71020988
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 06-05-2020 at 08:42 AM.