Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moody, Alabama Police Officer Killed; Will There Be National Outrage??

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Moody, Alabama Police Officer Killed; Will There Be National Outrage??

Re: Moody, Alabama Police Officer Killed; Will There Be National Outrage??

I would suspect not too. No need for there to be. It was a tragic situation where the suspects were immediately arrested. He didn't deserve to die, but he will get his justice. The national outrage is about the repetitive injustices that predominantly affect people of color.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    I would suspect not too. No need for there to be. It was a tragic situation where the suspects were immediately arrested. He didn't deserve to die, but he will get his justice. The national outrage is about the repetitive injustices that predominantly affect people of color.
    Keep believing that.......

Fine when an officer gets killed by looters because they will get justice. Last I heard the officer who killed Floyd was charged with murder. Sounds like the punishment is being applied to him...but still we have riots and NUMEROUS decent law abiding officers killed but so long as the suspects are arrested then outrage is not needed! And its the police who are racist?! Let keep looting, lets keep throwing bricks at officers...no need to be outraged by that either because its police officers, not an African American. Only an African Americans death warrants outrage? The sensless muder of an officer, who cares so long as the people are caught and punished. The fact it was a result of an excuse to rob, steal and destroy under the guise of a protest does not matter. Im sure his wife would agree. Suspect you have no family members in law enforcement. If not, good for you because you don't need to worry about your child coming home...or being seen on TV dragged out of the car and beaten with 2x4's. But if so, no need for outrage because it was deserved,

Two wrong don't make a right, nor does beating and killing innocent people regardless of their color or occupation
    Last edited by Doc; 06-03-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, thank you so much for those comments. Many members of my family are in law-enforcement. Many Retired; all say that they would never go back into being a law-enforcement officer.

Also, there is no outrage at all if African-Americans are slaughtering other African-Americans.

Wonder how many have been shot in gang related shootings in Chicago this Mr. Floyd died?
    Last edited by Darryl; 06-03-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Love how liberals act like it is the majority of Americans who are outraged.

Many more Americans Are outraged by the thugs stealing everything in sight who would have stolen Mr. Floyd’s billfold as he lay dead in the street.

Darryl
    Last edited by Darryl; 06-03-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Wow. Just wow.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm completely serious that I'm going to retire outside of the US. This little adventure is over. Sorry it happened while I was alive but I don't want to stick around to watch the death throws.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 06-03-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm completely serious that I'm going to retire outside of the US. This little adventure is over.
    Chuck, hang in there. Move to Alabama; your way of thinking/living will fit right in.

I will even loan you a gun or two

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Love how liberals act like it is the majority of Americans who are outraged.

Many more Americans Are outraged by the thugs stealing everything in sight who would have stolen Mr. Floyd’s billfold as he lay dead in the street.

Darryl
    A majority of Americans ARE outraged by the senseless murders. The thugs do not represent the protests, they take advantage of the protests. Yeah, we're pissed that there are casualties of these much needed protests, but something MUST change.

I tell you what a majority of Americans are MOST pissed about is a coward President that uses military force against law abiding citizens practicing their rights for a photo op. THAT has been the most disgraceful thing that has happened during all of this.

Folks need to get outside their little media bubble....all I can say.....

A majority of Americans ARE outraged by the senseless murders. The thugs do not represent the protests, they take advantage of the protests. Yeah, we're pissed that there are casualties of these much needed protests, but something MUST change.

I tell you what a majority of Americans are MOST pissed about is a coward President that uses military force against law abiding citizens practicing their rights for a photo op. THAT has been the most disgraceful thing that has happened during all of this.

Yes, people being displaced from a park 30 minutes early is bad optics, and it's certainly worse than dozens of deaths of innocent people, police officers doing their duty, and numerous families losing their life savings by having their businesses destroyed.

Your priorities are fascinating to me. Scarier than hell, but fascinating. A PR stunt gone wrong is worse than people losing their lives or having their lives economically destroyed. Uh huh, sure.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I am angered and saddened by the riots. No excuse for looting. Using a man’s murder caught on camera to loot for sneakers, TVs etc is horrible and only re-enforces the view of some in law enforcement that those they patrol are less human.

It is a horrible cycle.

Tear gassing peaceful protesters one minute before curfew is outrageous. Especially for a photo op. One minute is too soon if we set a time

The suggestion of US military being used to suppress protests and riots nation wide is very dangerous.

I have a distrust for the law. I can see Flynn, who I think is guilty, also being coerced because the FBI threatened his son with arrest.

I distrust the law because people with power can be abusive. In other context many here have been concerned with federal agencies outside of law enforcement having swat teams.

Many here have been concerned with the militarization of police.

There has been systemic racism there are also good people in law Enforcement. Many good folks

Both can be true.

People need to respect the police. Police need to respect the people they are supposed to protect.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I am angered and saddened by the riots. No excuse for looting. Using a man’s murder caught on camera to loot for sneakers, TVs etc is horrible and only re-enforces the view of some in law enforcement that those they patrol are less human.

It is a horrible cycle.

Tear gassing peaceful protesters one minute before curfew is outrageous. Especially for a photo op. One minute is too soon if we set a time

The suggestion of US military being used to suppress protests and riots nation wide is very dangerous.

I have a distrust for the law. I can see Flynn, who I think is guilty, also being coerced because the FBI threatened his son with arrest.

I distrust the law because people with power can be abusive. In other context many here have been concerned with federal agencies outside of law enforcement having swat teams.

Many here have been concerned with the militarization of police.

There has been systemic racism there are also good people in law Enforcement. Many good folks

Both can be true.

People need to respect the police. Police need to respect the people they are supposed to protect.
    You distrust the law? It’s the lawyers you should distrust! Lawyers and Judges have made most of the laws.
    Real Fan since 1958

Yes, people being displaced from a park 30 minutes early is bad optics, and it's certainly worse than dozens of deaths of innocent people, police officers doing their duty, and numerous families losing their life savings by having their businesses destroyed.

Your priorities are fascinating to me. Scarier than hell, but fascinating. A PR stunt gone wrong is worse than people losing their lives or having their lives economically destroyed. Uh huh, sure.
    That's pretty sad if you see it that way. That was NOT a PR stunt gone wrong and the WH staff certainly didn't think so with all the high fives and celebrations after returning to the WH.

THAT was a pure attack by our POTUS on the people of the United States for absolutely no reason. An absolute abuse of power.

I do not support the looters and those setting fires, damaging businesses, but those are not the real protesters. Those are opportunists.

Those that suffered from the damage will recover. Those businesses are insured. Having a President attack the citizens of this country, you don't just come back from that. That was pure evil, the likes of the fascist leaders he so idolizes.

My priorities are to end systematic racism and a big part of that will be to get rid of the coward, racist-in-chief in November and work to restore decency. I know a day where white privilege doesn't exist is scary to some, but it will happen. Not in our lifetime, so no need to be too scared, but I'll be standing with everyone working to eradicate it as best as I can.

Those that suffered from the damage will recover. Those businesses are insured.
    I can not address any of the individual losses and their insurance coverage, but I do know that many business policies do not cover damage to property from causes associated with riots.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Those that suffered from the damage will recover. Those businesses are insured. Having a President attack the citizens of this country, you don't just come back from that. That was pure evil, the likes of the fascist leaders he so idolizes.
    Counting to 10.......

First, you can resurrect the dead? those people won't recover.

NO, they are not "all insured", you know nothing about how that works apparently. I can post links if you like to all the small businesses lost over this.

You need to read more history. If you think that's a "President attacking citizens" you that we don't come back from that, you need to do more homework. Presidents and other leaders have done far more than that.

But there's no talking to someone who thinks clearing a park of protestors, bad or not, is worse than people dying and losing their life savings. The premise is so asinine there's no starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I can not address any of the individual losses and their insurance coverage, but I do know that many business policies do not cover damage to property from causes associated with riots.
    My old neighborhood in Chicago, the South Loop, where I still own property was heavily victimized by these latest riots. For these businesses, it wasn't the first time. My wife ran one of those businesses that was attacked in the past and was again this week. We knew all of the business owners on the block. Every single one of them was insured for every incident.

Now that I live and work minutes from DC, I know business owners and people that live in the area. They are covered. I would be shocked if businesses in larger cities are not covered. The pandemic has caused more damage (which could have been mostly avoided as well).

As long as I am on the topic of hearing from those impacted by the protesting, I have heard from a mother (my colleague) who's daughter and friends were part of the Trump assault and were victims. One was hit with a rubber bullet and both were affected by the tear gas. The administration is flat out lying.

I'm going to let a person with greater insights than me speak...

“I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled, The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.”

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

--James Mattis

Counting to 10.......

NO, they are not "all insured", you know nothing about how that works apparently. I can post links if you like to all the small businesses lost over this.

You need to read more history. If you think that's a "President attacking citizens" you that we don't come back from that, you need to do more homework. Presidents and other leaders have done far more than that.

But there's no talking to someone who thinks clearing a park of protestors, bad or not, is worse than people dying and losing their life savings. The premise is so asinine there's no starting point.
    Just put him on ignore. He apparently is a clown.

Darryl

Stu, the business I used to manage, which was not in a high risk area could not buy insurance that would cover damage to property caused by civil disturbance, riots. or acts of war.
    seeya
    dan

That's pretty sad if you see it that way. That was NOT a PR stunt gone wrong and the WH staff certainly didn't think so with all the high fives and celebrations after returning to the WH.

THAT was a pure attack by our POTUS on the people of the United States for absolutely no reason. An absolute abuse of power.

I do not support the looters and those setting fires, damaging businesses, but those are not the real protesters. Those are opportunists.

My priorities are to end systematic racism and a big part of that will be to get rid of the coward, racist-in-chief in November and work to restore decency. I know a day where white privilege doesn't exist is scary to some, but it will happen. Not in our lifetime, so no need to be too scared, but I'll be standing with everyone working to eradicate it as best as I can.
    Those who suffered under Trumps attack will get over it far sooner than the businesses destroyed, even the ones insured. And of course the insurance companies will pay the price, as will those who financially support the insurance holdings. And this makes no mention of the dead. I suspect the person you know who was tear gassed and hit with rubber bullets (assuming that is accurate) will recover long before any burn out liquor store, Target or Nike store reopens

Clearly your business wasnt destroyed, your years of hard work gone up in flames. It will take years yo rebuild those business and the neighborhoods that were destroyed. And you compare that to Trump going to a church in a failed effort to show strenght? Yeah, he should have stayed cowering in his basement and made lame speaches. Of course then he would have been accused of plagerizing Joe Biden......in the ultimate act of hypocrisy
    Last edited by Doc; 06-03-2020 at 06:04 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Those who suffered under Trumps attack will get over it far sooner than the businesses destroyed, even the ones insured. And of course the insurance companies will pay the price, as will those who financially support the insurance holdings.

Clearly your business wasnt destroyed, your years of hard work gone up in flames. It will take years yo rebuild those business and the neighborhoods that were destroyed. And you compare that to Trump going to a church in a failed effort to show strenght? Yeah, he should have stayed cowering in his basement and made lame speaches. Of course then he would have been accused of plagerizing Joe Biden......in the ultimate act of hypocrisy
    Actually, Joe Biden was actually out and about meeting with people, going INSIDE churches. Same with Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi. They didn't have to cowardly use tear gas, beat up and shoot American citizens who were peacefully exercising their rights.

I keep hearing "failed" being thrown around characterizing Trump's stunt. He doesn't think it was. He's an authoritarian that doesn't think the laws apply to him. That was his attempt to show "strength". He is a crook, a con, a racist, a fraud, a failure, a narcissist and a symbol for everything that America shall rise above.

Now that the unlawfulness part of the protests have seemed to subside, they are picking up steam. Trump's Presidency started with rallies and protests, some of the largest ever seen, and they will usher him out of office too. I just fear how much damage he will do in the meantime.

He's already destroyed our safety, try to destroy our rights, and have destroyed our economy. That is an accomplishment that no other President can claim.

Stu, the business I used to manage, which was not in a high risk area could not buy insurance that would cover damage to property caused by civil disturbance, riots. or acts of war.
    Right. Most of these businesses are in high risk areas that do offer this type of insurance.

Besides personal experiences, a simple google search addresses this topic. It's pages and pages, from legitimate sources that say insurance covers these losses.

Most, not all, of these businesses are suffering more from the pandemic than by losses from rioting and looting.

How did the previous president handle the riots in Ferguson MO a few years ago? How did his efforts to unite people go back then.
    seeya
    dan

Counting to 10.......

Obviously, you have clearly missed my message because that is not what I have said, nor are those even accurate statements as to what is going on now.

How did the previous president handle the riots in Ferguson MO a few years ago? How did his efforts to unite people go back then.
    Exactly.

There was one difference though. In that case the victim attempted to grab the officers gun, and the officers actions were justified. Despite that the administration elected to use it to further divide the nation. And did it again concerning Travon Martin.

And of course all those actions that Joe Biden is currently advocated did not seem appropriate then, you know, when he was Vice President
    Last edited by Doc; 06-03-2020 at 09:07 PM.

Obama did unite people; united whites on one side; United non-whites on the other

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Obama did unite people; united whites on one side; United non-whites on the other

Darryl
    Well, that's not true.

I've been to the protests and rallies over the years. They look like America, a blend of all races, genders, generations.

I think that a more accurate portrayal of what happened under Obama is that angry white people united to oppose him and Trump stoked that anger with his racist 'birtherism'.

I'm double posting, but to answer Stu's claim I am misrepresenting his statements in this thread (and possibly elsewhere):

Your reaction to news a police officer was killed:

I'm trying to figure out how you can be more dismissive of the loss of innocent human life, but I'm not coming up with anything. Perhaps you think since he's a cop he's not innocent?

You continue, in a thread discussing a murder:

That is clearly saying that clearing that park is MORE disgraceful than the murder of a police officer. Maybe cops aren't people?

When I call that out, you respond:

Those that suffered from the damage will recover. Those businesses are insured. Having a President attack the citizens of this country, you don't just come back from that. That was pure evil, the likes of the fascist leaders he so idolizes

You ignore that people who are dead cannot recover, the subject of that thread, and again double down calling the clearing of the park "pure evil", contrasted with the most complete dismissal of a death I have seen in a while in your initial post above.

I took nothing out of context. Your lack of concern for the death and destruction of this week, contrasted with your outrage over an incident where no one was hurt and arguably the POTUS you hate just shot himself in the political foot, is obvious to everyone but yourself, at least I hope so.

I didn't "butcher" anything. You doubled down repeatedly on your initial utter dismissal of the murder of a police officer and changed the focus to a political incident where no one was hurt, calling that "pure evil".

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Folks need to get outside their little media bubble....all I can say.....
    Yep.

Well, that's not true.

I've been to the protests and rallies over the years. They look like America, a blend of all races, genders, generations.

I think that a more accurate portrayal of what happened under Obama is that angry white people united to oppose him and Trump stoked that anger with his racist 'birtherism'.
    Birtherism was originated by the left.