Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Anyone Ever Doubt that Facebook is a nest of Liberal snowflakes?

Anyone Ever Doubt that Facebook is a nest of Liberal snowflakes?

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Anyone Ever Doubt that Facebook is a nest of Liberal snowflakes?

Someone needed proof?

Had they been effective at altering it in any way, they’d be in the same boat as Twitter under the 230 executive order. They may still be before it’s all said and done.

I pray, seriously, that this massive corporate censorship goes to SCOTUS and they rule the way we need to insure liberty in the 21st century in this country.

These companies are the equivalent of the railroads of the 19th century. They control the way we interact. They ARE the town hall, the roads, the courthouse steps that in days of old were the ways we practiced freedom of speech and assembly. Now they are owned by giant corporations.

it's the equivalent of us selling off our roads to a private company who then decides who can drive on the road, what they can sell along the road, whether they can stop and talk to each other and what they can talk about. IMO it is every bit that invasive as we move into the digital/online era in full.

Thus we need to tweak the standard. It was always that our rights were protections from the government alone, and when companies got too big and began to threaten those things then we broke them up or regulated them. Railroads are an ideal example. One railroad in the 1870s-80s could put a stranglehold on a town or region of farmers b/c they were the ONLY way to get things to markets. Thus the ICC was born, the first federal regulation of private enterprise in any meaningful way.

These companies are railroads, and they threaten not just our economic rights of commerce, but in fact threaten our basic Constitutional rights as well.

We must either extend those rights to corporations by law or regulation, or break up those corporations so no one of them has this kind of control.

If we do not, then we are at an end of the Great Experiment. I truly believe that, and I am not one for hyperbole.

The analogy would be for the state to ban free speech and assembly and expression in all public spaces and then say we still have rights b/c we can do those things on our own property and homes. that is not sufficient for liberty to survive.

That is the crisis we face. Facebook, Google, Twitter are our modern public spaces, no different from a road or a courthouse square or town hall. Liberty is under direct threat now from this new age, and if we don't address it that liberty will be extinguished in any meaningful way, as massive corporations will then decide what we can say when we communicate with each other to assemble and call each other to political or economic action.

I pray Trump's actions, which are cumbersome and not well stated, still force this to be addressed by a wise Court that can see this argument and the future if we do nothing.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I pray, seriously, that this massive corporate censorship goes to SCOTUS and they rule the way we need to insure liberty in the 21st century in this country.

These companies are the equivalent of the railroads of the 19th century. They control the way we interact. They ARE the town hall, the roads, the courthouse steps that in days of old were the ways we practiced freedom of speech and assembly. Now they are owned by giant corporations.

it's the equivalent of us selling off our roads to a private company who then decides who can drive on the road, what they can sell along the road, whether they can stop and talk to each other and what they can talk about. IMO it is every bit that invasive as we move into the digital/online era in full.

Thus we need to tweak the standard. It was always that our rights were protections from the government alone, and when companies got too big and began to threaten those things then we broke them up or regulated them. Railroads are an ideal example. One railroad in the 1870s-80s could put a stranglehold on a town or region of farmers b/c they were the ONLY way to get things to markets. Thus the ICC was born, the first federal regulation of private enterprise in any meaningful way.

These companies are railroads, and they threaten not just our economic rights of commerce, but in fact threaten our basic Constitutional rights as well.

We must either extend those rights to corporations by law or regulation, or break up those corporations so no one of them has this kind of control.

If we do not, then we are at an end of the Great Experiment. I truly believe that, and I am not one for hyperbole.

The analogy would be for the state to ban free speech and assembly and expression in all public spaces and then say we still have rights b/c we can do those things on our own property and homes. that is not sufficient for liberty to survive.

That is the crisis we face. Facebook, Google, Twitter are our modern public spaces, no different from a road or a courthouse square or town hall. Liberty is under direct threat now from this new age, and if we don't address it that liberty will be extinguished in any meaningful way, as massive corporations will then decide what we can say when we communicate with each other to assemble and call each other to political or economic action.

I pray Trump's actions, which are cumbersome and not well stated, still force this to be addressed by a wise Court that can see this argument and the future if we do nothing.
    Social media outlets on their current form have too much power to censure speech.