Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Congrats Wenyen, you just bumped off Jarred Vanderbilt as my most hated former cat

Of all-time.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: Congrats Wenyen, you just bumped off Jarred Vanderbilt as my most hated former ca

What did he say? Fearing the worst

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: Congrats Wenyen, you just bumped off Jarred Vanderbilt as my most hated former ca

Read it. Bleep wenyen. Least grateful UK player I have e er seen

Link???
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

He's said bad stuff before, so I'm sure it's bad.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

Demanding UK basketball twitter issue a statement on Floyd, the riots, etc.

He is just looking to hurt UK. Disappointed.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post

He also was a MAJOR factor in McDaniels backing out of his UK pledge.

Darryl

@ukbasketball is a freaking twitter account.. the guy who represents UK made his statement and he retweeted it.. it’s so weird!

He didn’t say anything wrong.

Link??
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Congrats Wenyen, you just bumped off Jarred Vanderbilt as my most hated former cat

@WenyenGabriel: Hey @KentuckyMBB can we get a statement on racial inequality? thank you 🙏🏿

He retweeted John Calipari then later tweeted this in response to someone else.

@WenyenGabriel: YES, IT SHOULD BE DENOUNCED BY EVERYONE.
    I only called out @KentuckyMBB because I went there. https://twitter.com/bho2373/status/1267185786425933829

-No Signature Harmed While Posting This-

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    @WenyenGabriel: Hey @KentuckyMBB can we get a statement on racial inequality? thank you ����

He retweeted John Calipari then later tweeted this in response to someone else.

@WenyenGabriel: YES, IT SHOULD BE DENOUNCED BY EVERYONE.
    I only called out @KentuckyMBB because I went there. https://twitter.com/bho2373/status/1267185786425933829

-No Signature Harmed While Posting This-
    So what is the big deal about that?

Granted, I persoanally do not think UK should make a statement and do not believe there is any obligation to do so. In fact I would prefer that UK athletics keep out of politics however I dont think this is an issue what so ever

Not an issues but with his past negative comments that kind of adds to the degree.

Cal and UK have enabled players and their families to change their lives in ways unheard of until he arrived here. And Cal continues to maintain those relationships. I understand where Wenyen is coming from, but in reality young man, you should be acknowledging the things the university has accomplished while going against the established grain to enable young men (including him) and point out the reciprocal love and appreciation of some of the best players in the NBA today, and many others.

That would be a good place for Wenyen to start..that is, if intense tweeting is to be his contribution to the struggle.

But I dont see it being too big a deal really.

It IS important for everyone to reflect on the situation and see it from every angle.
    And then maybe we can all work together to effect change in our own lives as far as what we deem as being true to liberty and justice for all, as we have all pledged.

If everyone does that (which is our civic duty), then society as a whole dictates the proper outcome.
    Last edited by kingcat; 05-31-2020 at 09:59 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Unforgettable

Wenyen’s family immigrated here. The US is not perfect but I am happy to pay for a ticket outside the US if he wants.

History that’s kinda my feeling in a lot of these situations.

Unforgettable

I am torn a bit. Now way George Floyd should have been killed. No way. But I also see protesters burning my city. Threatening my former office building.

Then I see unarmed girl getting kicked and Maced while on the ground.

Just sad and angry

I am torn a bit. Now way George Floyd should have been killed. No way. But I also see protesters burning my city. Threatening my former office building.

Then I see unarmed girl getting kicked and Maced while on the ground.

Just sad and angry
    I’m with you. I literally cried watching the video of what those officers did to George Floyd. However the rioting, harassing motorists including those in my profession and looting is total bullshit.

I WILL NOT be a victim of this. I’ve got a .22 with 11 rounds in the magazine and a Judge revolver with 5 rounds that says I won’t be the next Reginald Denny.

So the autopsy report comes back that George Floyd didn't die of asphyxiation, it was pre-existing conditions and toxicology issues that played the major role. So while it looks terrible on camera, and believe me I've watched it, is it not possible the LEO was applying acceptable force that he'd done multiple times in the past. Also, the cop was clearly not a great guy as he'd been investigated numerous times in the past, predominantly those cases had involved caucasian assailants. So why do we go to the intellectually lazy assumption that this was a hate crime while not examining the officer's prior record which showed no racial bias.
    The media has an agenda and will exploit these matters any time they have an opportunity, much like with the Central Park bird watcher whose last words were "if your gonna do what you wanna do then I'm gonna do what I wanna do and you're not gonna like it." And the girl on the receiving end of that calls police on an African American man threatening her. She used the most politically correct term possible yet somehow she's a racist for calling the police after clearly being threatened in the most isolated part of Central Park.
    I get it, racism still exists but to me its not different than homophobia in this day and age. Its not a matter of political affiliation, its an IQ test and those that still harbor these feelings are complete morons regardless of what side of the aisle they sit on.

I read a statement by Cal on Facebook a couple of days ago. I don't get it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable

Wenyen was asking for a separate statement from UK beyond Cal. Again I find Wenyen's approach to be antagonistic. Cal speaks for UK and men's basketball.

To they are synonymous entities with one another. I am hurting and scared. We need somehow to defuse the protests. Not sure how.

I am not even trying to criticize President Trump but his rhetorical style isn't a fire side chat and his general approach will only antagonize people.

Prayers for our country.

Wenyen was asking for a separate statement from UK beyond Cal. Again I find Wenyen's approach to be antagonistic. Cal speaks for UK and men's basketball.

To they are synonymous entities with one another. I am hurting and scared. We need somehow to defuse the protests. Not sure how.

I am not even trying to criticize President Trump but his rhetorical style isn't a fire side chat and his general approach will only antagonize people.

Prayers for our country.
    Why does UK need to make a statement? Does my business need to make a statement too? I guess I missed the memo that every college, business, organization or individual must make a statement on this. If UK feels so inclined, fine..but if not then so be it.

It would've been weirder if "UK Basketball," whatever that is, had made a statement and Cal hadn't.

Cal is UK Basketball.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Why does UK need to make a statement? Does my business need to make a statement too? I guess I missed the memo that every college, business, organization or individual must make a statement on this. If UK feels so inclined, fine..but if not then so be it.
    Exactly, UK does not need to make a statement. And guess what? Cal, as other coaches, are having some twitter troll/morons question their motives behind their positive comments.