Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

People Killed By Police 2017-20; Broken Down By Race

I heard Tucker Carlson referencing similar numbers; bet national news won’t mention this:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Darryl

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: People Killed By Police 2017-20; Broken Down By Race

A few thoughts

Not all local police departments keep detaile stats

We also need to see
    how many were killed while being apprehended

How many were killed while in custody (On the way to jail, in a holding cell, while being interrogated)

How many died in prison

I was taken aback at the lack of data until recently as to the number of people killed in an annual basis by police.

Another issue is what is per capita number of people killed in certain a area.

Black men make up 7% of the total US population.

Lots of ways to look up the numbers.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Dave, 5 members of my immediate family were in the FBI, Prison guards, or police so my views may be slanted.

I think it is horrible what happened in Minneapolis, but the officers were fired/charged. I cannot recall poor white/Hispanic people rioting after one of “theirs” was killed by a police officer.

One other thing; how many Police officers have never shot anyone but are despised by blacks for the color of their uniform?

That racism cuts both ways.

Darryl

This same police dept in Minneapolis had the same issue occur with a black officer, white victim in 2017. It cost them $20M in settlement too. It cuts both ways....the reactions have just been different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Dave, 5 members of my immediate family were in the FBI, Prison guards, or police so my views may be slanted.

I think it is horrible what happened in Minneapolis, but the officers were fired/charged. I cannot recall poor white/Hispanic people rioting after one of “theirs” was killed by a police officer.

One other thing; how many Police officers have never shot anyone but are despised by blacks for the color of their uniform?

Darryl

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Darryl
    Darryl,

Great points. I have had great experiences with law enforcement. I have had a few negative experiences.

Also I saw how I unintentionally escalated an interaction once and ave been even more cautious and courteous. But when the cop threatened me and told me not to lie him (I didn’t come close to lying. I asked a rhetorical question).

I certainly don’t condone riots or looting. The chains of slavery and its impact are long.

We must respect the law but the law must respect citizens. White folks do thins a little different. They sue. They start militias.

Three other officers need to be charged in Minneapolis. Two besides Chauvin held this man down keeping from breathing. The other stood in the way of pedestrians trying to help.

I’d say charges of man slaughter are in order.

Thank the Lord for the police. But let’s make sure all law enforcement are committed to recruit and serve over search and destroy.

This is why I do not put much into the racial issue with Floyd. It was a case of a bad, really bad, officer. I am not sure it was racially motivated but admit I tend to see race as a secondary to behavior and socioeconomics. Yes, it is a factor but there are many factors
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    This is why I do not put much into the racial issue with Floyd. It was a case of a bad, really bad, officer. I am not sure it was racially motivated but admit I tend to see race as a secondary to behavior and socioeconomics. Yes, it is a factor but there are many factors
    Much of police abuses aren't "racial" in the sense that it's typically a bad cop who has a real need to throw his power around, and he's often as likely to throw it at white people who question him as well, obviously esp. poorer white or Hispanic people.

In that sense it's more socio-economic. A cop who wants to be large and in charge knows if he pulls that with a wealthy person they have lawyers and money. Poor people tend to not retaliate.

In this case this guy should have been off the force long ago based on the early reports of his record. Whether those other incidents of excessive force were against white or black etc. may tell the tale of this one officer, and there's no doubt there are abuses by police, but this rioting has little to nothing to do with this specific case.

It has hurt that there has been a rash of them all within weeks, including the Georgia case which is much older but just had the video released.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

Socio-economic is very true. But bullies prey on the weak. We are seeing that in some cases across the country. Old men and women being kicked. Reporters either arrested or pelted with "non-lethal" weapson.

My wife had her purse stolen at a movie theater in DC years ago. She left and came back quickly to find it gone. The theater or my wife called the police, but she was so upset the police were about to arrest her--THE VICTIM. Were it not for my sister-in-law who is a lawyer the police literally would have arrested the victim of a crime.

A little simplistic but we need more Andy and far less Barney in our police force. And Barney is not a diminutive, phyiscally weak guy with a single bullet that he keeps in his pocket. Barney is now a big strong guy with automatic weapons and a chip on his shoulder.

People Killed By Police 2017-20; Broken Down By Race

I heard Tucker Carlson referencing similar numbers; bet national news won’t mention this:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Darryl
    Interesting stats. I’m curious as to how many in each category would be considered bad shootings where charges against the officers involved were charged, or should/could have been charged with a crime.

I read the stats and naturally assume the homicides were a result of a justifiable shooting/self defense etc.

Switching gears a bit...

I believe most states give citizens a right to protect their lives and property. If the rioters/looters that were smashing windows to rob the business would have been shot by owners would they be held liable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Interesting stats. I’m curious as to how many in each category would be considered bad shootings where charges against the officers involved were charged, or should/could have been charged with a crime.

I read the stats and naturally assume the homicides were a result of a justifiable shooting/self defense etc.

Switching gears a bit...

I believe most states give citizens a right to protect their lives and property. If the rioters/looters that were smashing windows to rob the business would have been shot by owners would they be held liable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends on the state.

The relevant law is called the "Castle Doctrine". (man's home is his castle). Every state is different.

Some states have a positive requirement to retreat so you can't even defend yourself in your own home. Those are blue states obviously. Kentucky gives you the right to shoot even if they're just trying to enter your house, but if they're outside breaking into your car you can't. Some states let you shoot anyone on your property, some you can only do it if they are in your home threatening you with physical harm, etc.

Part of the idea is to create a "bright line" test of what constitutes a physical threat. In Ky if someone is entering your home like that the castle doctrine says that's a threat to you physically by its very nature, whether you can determine if they are armed or their intent, and you can defend yourself with force.

But every state is different. Kentucky for example has an arson exception. So if someone is stealing your horse from your barn it's gray at best and probably going to get you in trouble b/c you weren't in threat of physical harm, but if he's trying to burn your barn down you have that right by statute to protect your property.

So someone smashing windows at your business you'd have to a) be the owner of that business and maybe of that building for it to be your castle (i have to look that up, it's in the training video for the CCW but I don't remember it), and b) they would have to be doing something to physically threaten you. So chanting probably gets you in big trouble if you shoot, if they're throwing rocks it's still tough b/c you have to argue you were under physical threat and if they aren't coming in then maybe you aren't, but if they're throwing molotov cocktails or physically coming in your business you are probably covered by statute to fire at an attacker.

So that's nice and clear as mud, and it changes for every state.

Let's just say I'd rather take a stand in a nice gun friendly red state versus a state that has an attorney general so extreme he was questionable as head of the DNC (Ellison in Minnesota).

BTW that's why we're seeing some of these absurd claims from that state. Keith Ellison was long affiliated with Nation of Islam, a blatantly racist organization, so it's small wonder there are now mysterious Klan infiltrations to explain way this violence.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable

I can't see the klan or militias really being able to stay hidden during these rallies. I could see them more likely pushing something on facebook--like I see Russia doing.

Antifa and the anarchists mix in with folks and encourage bad behavior makes a lot of sense. I would be open to hearing how the right wing is in the protest.

I could see some right wingers in the police (Qanon) folks deliberately stirring things up.

With Trump getting closer to martial law he is not considering something important. He will be asking US soldiers to go into American communities possibly kill US citizens.

The United States military is fairly diverse. Delta and SEALs are pretty white, but people of color fill our armed forces at all ranks and grades.

He is going to make soldiers feel they are not only turning on fellow Americans but also "their own" people.

Trump and his rhetoric are dangerous to our nation. God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    This same police dept in Minneapolis had the same issue occur with a black officer, white victim in 2017. It cost them $20M in settlement too. It cuts both ways....the reactions have just been different.
    WLM
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

History, it's going to be hard to miss skinheads and backwater hick Klansmen in the middle of these riots.

I would think some of them might do it, but this seems to be courtesy of Antifa and other similar groups. The statements to the contrary are coming from pretty far left politicians including an associate of Nation of Islam, which makes Antifa look tame in terms of racism.

Maybe, but the anarchists will blend in with a hat and a masked face.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    History, it's going to be hard to miss skinheads and backwater hick Klansmen in the middle of these riots.

I would think some of them might do it, but this seems to be courtesy of Antifa and other similar groups. The statements to the contrary are coming from pretty far left politicians including an associate of Nation of Islam, which makes Antifa look tame in terms of racism.