Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: To All My KSR Friends, Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!

Fab Five

To All My KSR Friends, Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ing-2018-07-16

Remember money saved early in life has greater benefit than money saved late. Mr. Bonilla’s money has been doubling every 9 years.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: To All My KSR Friends, Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!

I love that story. That and the Spirits of St. Louis and the payments the Silna brothers drew, 2 of the best residuals stories in sports.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

A couple of interesting points about the Bonilla contracts. Bonilla was released before the 2000 season and didn’t play for the Mets that season. The $5.9 million contract will cost the Mets $29.8 million. So, Bonilla gets nearly $30 mill not to play. Bonilla also receives $500K per year from the Orioles and Mets from another deferred contract, those payments also were set to run 25 years and were initiated in 2004. Between the two payments Bonilla is raking in $1.69 million.

If I’m not mistaken, Bonilla still draws a yearly payday from the Orioles too.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, Bonilla still draws a yearly payday from the Orioles too.
    He draws $500k from the Orioles and Mets, I haven’t see details of how much each pays.