Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Photo IDs

Fab Five

Photo IDs

Since all the football threads end up here, I’ll just put this here to begin. An article at The Athletic interviews an anonymous Power 5 AD about how to determine who gets limited football tickets. There are endless possibilities on how to allocate about 18 to 22% of the available tickets. But all seem to require photo IDs at the gate to avoid resellers and to track who is admitted. Can you imagine a world where you need to track who goes to football games, but not who votes? I believe this whole issue of contact tracing is starting to get. Interesting. I may find a way to like it.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: Photo IDs

Irrelevant since its minority and the poor who are unable to get ID's which is why requiring them to vote is "racist". Them thar poor folks ain't interested in going to football games (as Joe Biden would gaffe). They are too poor to afford tickets
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Irrelevant since its minority and the poor who are unable to get ID's which is why requiring them to vote is "racist". Them thar poor folks ain't interested in going to football games (as Joe Biden would gaffe). They are too poor to afford tickets
    The flaw to that argument is that the Patriot Act requires photo IDs to open bank accounts, acquire loans, etc. I think photo IDs are required to obtain government assistance through their multitude of giveaway programs.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The flaw to that argument is that the Patriot Act requires photo IDs to open bank accounts, acquire loans, etc. I think photo IDs are required to obtain government assistance through their multitude of giveaway programs.
    Photo ID AND a copy of original birth certificate are required for medicare eligibility. Copy of birth certificate cost me 20 bucks and a 3 week wait. I sent them a copy of my original SS card, and they replied that they did not need that.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Photo ID AND a copy of original birth certificate are required for medicare eligibility. Copy of birth certificate cost me 20 bucks and a 3 week wait. I sent them a copy of my original SS card, and they replied that they did not need that.
    I’ve been processing my Kentucky teacher’s retirement. I had to have my birth certificate, $21.50 from Ohio, my wife’s birth certificate from Kentucky, I think it was around $12-$15. A certified copy of our marriage certificate form, not the one Kentucky gives you when you get married, but the portion that goes to the courthouse, which was another $7-$8. Copies of both of our SS cards.

Exactly.... the entire argument that poor people can't get ID's or that minorities can't get IDs is bogus. Were I poor or a minority, I would be offended because the argument assumes you are not smart enough to get a free ID, which states issue, or smart enough to pass a drivers test. Of course you are smart enough to vote for a politician...so long as it is a (D). At one point in my life I was poor, yet I still had identification
    Last edited by Doc; 05-24-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I lost my birth certificate long ago...but have my passport which has always worked

I’ve been processing my Kentucky teacher’s retirement. I had to have my birth certificate, $21.50 from Ohio, my wife’s birth certificate from Kentucky, I think it was around $12-$15. A certified copy of our marriage certificate form, not the one Kentucky gives you when you get married, but the portion that goes to the courthouse, which was another $7-$8. Copies of both of our SS cards.
    Dang. I filed for social security in January and just had to send them a copy of my 2019 year end W2 and a copy of my drivers license. I filed over the phone and used a scanned and electronically submitted copy of the W2 and DL.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.