Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Fab Five

SEC Votes to Have Student Athletes Back on June 8

Pretty much as expected.

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (May 22, 2020) - Voluntary in-person athletics activities may resume on Southeastern Conference campuses, at the discretion of each university, beginning June 8 under strict supervision of designated university personnel and safety guidelines developed by each institution, the SEC announced Friday.

Due to the impact of COVID-19, the SEC had suspended all athletics activities through May 31. June 8 will begin a transition period that will allow student-athletes to gradually adapt to full training and sports activity after this recent period of inactivity. Under plans developed by each university and consistent with state and local health directives, certain activities will be permitted based on the ability to participate in controlled and safe environments, while also maintaining recommended social distancing measures.

The decision to resume athletics activities, which at this time is limited by the NCAA to voluntary activities supervised by strength and conditioning personnel, was made with the guidance of the Conference's Return to Activity and Medical Guidance Task Force. Created by the SEC's Presidents and Chancellors in April and comprised of a cross-section of leading public health, infectious disease and sports medicine professionals from across the SEC's 14 member institutions, the Task Force will remain active to provide continued advice and guidance to the SEC and its members as they prepare for a return to competition.

Voluntary. Yeah, right.

https://www.secsports.com/article/29...ics-activities

Re: SEC Votes to Have Student Athletes Back on June 8

Thanks for posting, it means unless something unforeseen happens we'll start football on time. We could have had them back as late as mid July, so we're about a month ahead

That should have them on campus for the summer session that begins in early June.

Hope Prince Andy isn't the fly in the ointment

Fab Five

Why are so many posts on this board derailed by "political" comments? I don't read a lot of other boards but do check in occasionally on a Bama football board and there will be threads stretching over multiple pages with nary a political comment.

I'm not in any way to defend my OP, but that is related to sports and should be on the WCC board. Why not simply delete the (inevitable) stupid post by Terry and leave the thread where it was?

1) don't see a real political post in the thread -.perhaps it was deleted

2) with so many sports NOT being played due to politics, its hard to prevent.

3) the entire stoppage is based on politics. The reason the thread is started is because of politics.. Sort of like talking about Lynn Bowden and not bringing up football
    Last edited by Doc; 05-22-2020 at 05:28 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Why are so many posts on this board derailed by "political" comments? I don't read a lot of other boards but do check in occasionally on a Bama football board and there will be threads stretching over multiple pages with nary a political comment.

I'm not in any way to defend my OP, but that is related to sports and should be on the WCC board. Why not simply delete the (inevitable) stupid post by Terry and leave the thread where it was?
    I couldn’t agree with you more. This site has killed any reasonable football discussion. You can’t discuss the upcoming football season without some reference to what else is going on in the world. I’m not going to fool with it any more. It’s a disservice who don’t want to come to this board to discuss the controversial topics. Truly sad.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 05-22-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I couldn’t agree with you more. This site has killed any reasonable football discussion. You can’t discuss the upcoming football season without some reference to what else is going on in the world. I’m not going to fool with it any more. It’s a disservice who don’t want to come to this board to discuss the controversial topics. Truly sad.
    I would agree except the premise of this thread is the start of students on campus which is a direct result of political influence
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.