Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Don't get all uppity now

Just vote like you're told. Don't get around to thinkin' and readin' and realizing that the 70 years of promises since the War on Poverty has left the African American community as bad or worse off than it began.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...amagne-tha-god
    After Charlamagne tha God, who is black, then asked Biden to come back on the program again and the former vice president agreed, the host added, “It’s a long way to November. We’ve got more questions.”

That’s when Biden dove into a rapid-fire defense of his record with the black community.

“I tell you if you’ve got a problem figuring out if you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said.

Charlamagne tha God responded that "it has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact that I want something for my community.”
    Biden fired back, “Take a look at my record. I extended the Voting Rights Act for 25 years. I have a record that is second to none. The NAACP’s endorsed me every time I’ve run. Take a look at the record.

I laugh at Biden's record on "African American issues", given that as a junior Senator he singlehandedly stopped busing. Sure he's gotten in line, but not b/c he cares, but b/c it was the politically expedient change to make as the tide shifted in the 1960s and 70s. He has no special concern for anyone other than his own career, like most any politician.

But this comment by him is incredibly telling to me. People of all colors and races need to stop just taking what is given as their presumed positions and start thinking for themselves, and questioning what is really working for them and what isn't, b/c the black community in particular has been sold a bill of goods for decades.

Trump has actually done some things that are absolutely good for the African American community, notably prison sentencing reform but also simply having a strong employment economy that can start getting people jobs. Urban black areas are beset with poor education and poor job opportunities. Having the lowest black unemployment in forever is a significant start to helping those areas (although they do need targeting like what Jack Kemp was trying to do with Enterprise Zones).

So why wouldn't some African Americans still be black to think that a POTUS that creates a strong economy and listens on issues like disparate sentencing and crime issues isn't someone they should consider?

Just stay quiet, dumb and voting the right way, even if decades of promises have left little if any improvements.

If a conservative said this kind of thing the media would roast him till he had no career at all, if only for the "you ain't black" pejorative language of a lifetime rich white guy from a rich white state using "ain't" and of course telling people they aren't "black" if they disagree with him politically.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Don't get all uppity now

at least he didn't throw a "homes" in there.

But give him credit...he was able to communicate with "Corn Pop". Biden is the candidate of Cereal Gangsta's

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Biden is Trump’s best campaign member

Yes...Biden actually said this....smh

https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/b...you-aint-black

Re: Biden is Trump’s best campaign member

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Yes...Biden actually said this....smh

https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/b...you-aint-black
    South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, a Trump supporter and the Senate's sole black Republican, said he was "shocked and surprised" by Biden's remark.

"I thought to myself, as an African American, been black for 54 years, I was struck by the condescension and the arrogance in his comments," Scott said in a conference call quickly arranged by the Trump campaign. "I could not believe my ears that he would stoop so low to tell folks what they should do, how they should think, and what it means to be black."
    But not as shocked as he was when he found out "he ain't black".

Now pass the fried chicken and cornbread
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Sorry Citizen & Doc, didn’t mean to step on your thread....

Just kinda jaw dropping he’d be stupid enough to say that....smh
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 05-22-2020 at 08:47 PM.

That's why they don't want him out without a teleprompter. He's done this stuff his whole career.

"Oh you're black? Well you must believe XXX and YYY You don't? Well you aren't really black then". Wow.

FWIW, this "Uncle Tom" attack is also used within the black community to great effect. Keep everyone in line and thinking the right way, and most important voting the right way.

For Biden to use it is beyond the pale.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

They just can not get away from identity politics.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Not his best day ever. Saw a WaPo columnist try to minimize the issue. I found it offensive.

I will refrain from comparing him to Trump. Objectively poor comment. Dumb to say it. Wrong to make that joke publicly. If Biden and charlamagne are friends off line is fine.

Dumb, dumb comment.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Not his best day ever. Saw a WaPo columnist try to minimize the issue. I found it offensive.

I will refrain from comparing him to Trump. Objectively poor comment. Dumb to say it. Wrong to make that joke publicly. If Biden and charlamagne are friends off line is fine.

Dumb, dumb comment.
    No shock the columnist minimized it. Some politicians and people get the benefit of the doubt while others don't. Any republician who mutters similar imbucilic rumbling like Biden, that we lovingly refer to as gaffes, would be labelled a racist.

Me, I don't find it offensive. I find it telling. But it takes a lot for me to be offended. I look for reason to not be offended rather than reasons to be offended. I realize Joe is a baffoon, and he has been his entire career.
    Last edited by Doc; 05-22-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Last edited by dan_bgblue; 05-22-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

It's inconvenient when people speak "truth to power", but it's truth against the leftist/media agenda to hide the truth:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former...voters-comment

Biden was THE Senator to lead the charge against court ordered busing. Here's a nice NYT story on how he got there, which, spoiler alert, is b/c he's a true lying politician who was afraid of his massively white Delaware voters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/u...en-busing.html

But then people say, "well he really wanted to be liberal on that issue, but had to hold his seat." Uh huh.

So the Fox article does a great job of referencing his pride in working on the 1994 Crime Bill, which is deeply unpopular in the "black community", at least their political community, b/c of the mandatory sentencing and life sentences under "3 strikes". that Bill was built in the Senate largely by Biden and by Clinton, two people who ironically are heralded as being strongly supported by black voters.

Maybe black voters should look at the real record. It wasn't the GOP that fought busing and desegregation in the 60s and 70s, but it was Joe Biden. And while the GOP definitely supported the crime bill, it was also Clinton and Joe Biden who were all for it as well.

The "truth" is that Trump's record so far is more positive on "black issues" than Biden's lifetime of work.

Biden is an elitist part of the Washington power structure, who goes along and gets along to stay in that circle. He has no concern for the average American, just for winning and staying in power.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It's inconvenient when people speak "truth to power", but it's truth against the leftist/media agenda to hide the truth:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former...voters-comment

Biden was THE Senator to lead the charge against court ordered busing. Here's a nice NYT story on how he got there, which, spoiler alert, is b/c he's a true lying politician who was afraid of his massively white Delaware voters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/u...en-busing.html

But then people say, "well he really wanted to be liberal on that issue, but had to hold his seat." Uh huh.

So the Fox article does a great job of referencing his pride in working on the 1994 Crime Bill, which is deeply unpopular in the "black community", at least their political community, b/c of the mandatory sentencing and life sentences under "3 strikes". that Bill was built in the Senate largely by Biden and by Clinton, two people who ironically are heralded as being strongly supported by black voters.

Maybe black voters should look at the real record. It wasn't the GOP that fought busing and desegregation in the 60s and 70s, but it was Joe Biden. And while the GOP definitely supported the crime bill, it was also Clinton and Joe Biden who were all for it as well.

The "truth" is that Trump's record so far is more positive on "black issues" than Biden's lifetime of work.

Biden is an elitist part of the Washington power structure, who goes along and gets along to stay in that circle. He has no concern for the average American, just for winning and staying in power.

It amazes me that people have never figured out that the Dems relocated plantations to the northern big cities and the chains that they now use are economic.