Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Reallly?

Reallly?

Nothing but a publicity stunt, as illustrated by the OPEN/PUBLIC letter to him.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...p-to-wear-mask

since nobody new will get within 6 feet of the President. Don't care which President it is, secret service ensures that nobody comes in comes in contact or near him. The President isn't wearing mask in an attempt to make a show that it he is not in panic mode. It isn't to minimize the threat. But if he wears it, fine.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Reallly?

“It’s the law.” That’s complete BS, executive orders only cover regulation of existing laws and cannot create new ones.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    “It’s the law.” That’s complete BS, executive orders only cover regulation of existing laws and cannot create new ones.
    Sad that an ATtorney General doesn’t know the difference.
    Real Fan since 1958

Try to arrest him. Please.

I presume Trump can issue an EO that exempts the POTUS, and that would trump any Governor.

Cracks me up how this petty political nonsense keeps up even during times of real concern.

Sure people should wear masks, but probably not lie awake at night worrying about it. If they can't figure out that the POTUS may not be in the same social situation as the average American, then that's on them.

Now, if Trump was stomping his feet all day about people having to wear masks, then didn't do it, OK that's worthy of critique as an elitist. But he's not, and of all the things the Michigan AG would have to worry about, I'm betting this is pretty low on the list.

Call me once his murder rate is zero. Then he can get around to this kind of nonsense.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Trump did not want to give the media a "photo op" of him with a mask. I assume because he does not believe that looks Presidential, which I agree. I compare it to Chaiman Xi of China walking around with a mask. IMO it looks silly. And we all know how looking Presidental is important to his detractors.

It is funny because I see plenty of Gov Whitmer and don't recall a single picture of her wearing a mask. Did the AG send her a memo too.....or is she like all the other Govs who enact "laws" for others but not herself?
    Last edited by Doc; 05-22-2020 at 05:50 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Personally I agree with Trump on this one. I get the opposite argument, that not wearing a mask messages to not wear a mask, but given that or the choice of my POTUS looking vulnerable, I will go with Trump's approach.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Personally I agree with Trump on this one. I get the opposite argument, that not wearing a mask messages to not wear a mask, but given that or the choice of my POTUS looking vulnerable, I will go with Trump's approach.
    If Trump had been wearing a mask the media would have proclaimed it was a sign of weakness and fear.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    If Trump had been wearing a mask the media would have proclaimed it was a sign of weakness and fear.
    Exactly. He can't win with them. If he personally cured the coronavirus they'd find fault with it.

He's worthy of criticism, no doubt about it, but objective reporting is long gone in this country. We're back to the heyday of yellow journalism, Heart v. Pulitzer, and anything goes to sell a paper, or in this case a link click.