Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

When I email myself it is either a reminder or a cover my ass moment

Doubt Susan Rice needed reminding.

“President Obama began the conversation by stressing his continued commitment to ensuring that every aspect of this issue is handled by the intelligence and law enforcement communities ‘by the book,’” Rice emailed to herself. “The president stressed that he is not asking about, initiating or instructing anything from a law enforcement perspective. He reiterated that our law enforcement team needs to proceed as it normally would by the book.
    It's called "Plausible deniability"

But the #### is getting deeper and deeper.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: When I email myself it is either a reminder or a cover my ass moment

I email myself when I want to transfer a file from a mobile device to a PC. That doesn’t appear to be what she was doing either.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    But the #### is getting deeper and deeper.
    And out of that deep pile you can see rising up, that smiling face of Barry.
    Real Fan since 1958

"After that section, Rice wrote: "The president asked Comey to inform him if anything changes in the next few weeks that should affect how we share classified information with the incoming team. Comey said he would."

WTH? How is it possible to even consider not turning over information to the new administration?! What kind of egomaniac thinks that he is entitled to information but the duly elected guy replacing him is not allowed to have the same info?

We now know comey suggested keeping Russia information from Flynn. As you said, that is a non-elected bureaucrat deciding to not duly serve the incoming National Security Advisor honestly, the man given the task by the elected POTUS.

They had tapes of the conversations and they had absolutely nothing that showed any wrongdoing, just that they were talking. OK, maybe Trump wanted to work with Russia on several of the issues facing both nations.

With nothing being said that was in any way incriminating, and we're talking about a retired US general, there is no basis for that position. None.

It's stunning how the Obama administration thought they could decide what to tell the incoming Trump staff. The sheer hubris of it, and of these career DC elites thinking they know what's best and therefore the will of the People is irrelevant is just staggering.

Trump ran very clearly on warmer relations with Russia. He's totally honest about it, and voters voted him in office. For Comey and Rice and Obama and whoever else to withhold information on the basis that they don't agree with the policy of the new POTUS is outrageous.

And, given the events of the last 3 years I think it's clear:

1) Obama and Hillary and the Russian Reset was an unmitigated disaster, and their hypocrisy at worrying about Trump being warm with Russia after their years of heavy pro-Russian policy is insulting.

2) Russia isn't our friend, but neither are they our biggest enemy right now.

Obama was soft with Russia, which encouraged the annexation of the Crimea and other aggressive moves. Too late they apparently realized that wasn't working.

Trump wanted to work with Russia on some common issues, but he for sure wouldn't be and hasn't been soft of them like Obama, and thus we haven't seen near the level of Russian expansionism.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

When reading this I actually chuckle because it is so self serving and clearly an attempt to plant the by the book narrative because there was nothing by the book. Only thing missing is a "winking" emoji. And what gives the ex-president the power to have the director of the FBI to keep him informed, and determine what classified the new president gets? Obama was exiting office, nothing more than an average citizen. His side LOST the 2016 Presidentall election regardless of his wants, desires, and what he thinks is right. He wanted to be kept informed after he was out of the white house. And where does Coney get off on deciding what info is passed on. In hindsight Trump should have fired every single high placed officials.....be it department, staff, ambassador, etc. I had several of my liberal friend go off the rails whe it was reported that Trump made all his staff pledge an oath of allegiance to him. Of course that was liberal media spin but now wish it wasn't. He was as naive as the rest of the nation in believing the political officials would honor the election results and fulfill the obligations of their jobs to the duly elected president rather than sabotage his every move. If anybody ever deserved to be fired it was Coney yet the left screamed and yelled. His actions, along with Mccabe, Clapper , Brennan and even Obama is disgusting. I would hold the same opinion if the the exiting GHW Bush administration had pull a similar stunt. Every citizen of this country should be OUTRAGED but won't because of the hatred for Trump will override their overall respect for the rule of law. We actually have an FBI director entrapment people, and NBA director producing documents to hide actions by the President and his staff........and the left loves it. It is an horrible shame and a ugly stain on this nation and the Constitution that protects it.
    Last edited by Doc; 05-20-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Case View Post
    "After that section, Rice wrote: "The president asked Comey to inform him if anything changes in the next few weeks that should affect how we share classified information with the incoming team. Comey said he would."

WTH? How is it possible to even consider not turning over information to the new administration?! What kind of egomaniac thinks that he is entitled to information but the duly elected guy replacing him is not allowed to have the same info?
    Because you believe you are above the law and the most important individual. Its what happens when people see you as the messiah. And people call Trump an egomaniac!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I need to read the article and its context more. If Flynn had been targeted by the FBI for lying on his security clearance form, there is a legitimate concern to isolate Flynn during the transition. He also plead guilty--that has to be considered.

What also has to be considered in general are the tactics of the FBI in pushing for confessions and how they turn the screws on people. Both Flynn and Stone cried "nazis" as to how the FBI and DOJ treated them. Less influential people, including people of color, say the same thing. The way in which the FBI conducted its sting on Christian Dawkins lends a little credence to the concerns of Flynn and Stone.

I also know how the FBI has worked with my family to investigate and charge a ring of scam artists that have stolen from an elderly relative. I say that I am initially inclined to suspect the FBI and the government to subvert liberty. But I temper that with my own experience with the agents and wish they could or would be able to use much harsher measures against a white collar group of allegedly "non-violent" offenders.

As neither Comey or Flynn are elected officials both are high up peers with Comey carrying out his duties. Comey was duly appointed by a sitting President and Flynn has not officially started work. We will have to agree to disagree in terms of Trump's relationship with Putin and his team's work with operatives of the Russian government during the 2016 election.

When folks throw around the terms Rhinos or true members of the GOP, I am stopped in my tracks how willing folks are willing to accept Trump's position on NATO and Russia. But old ground and no new seeds of understanding will take root and sprout in this conversation.

I will say with extemporaneous notes that they could serve as a CYA after the fact. I have also never had meetings of such import or probably would be planning a book.

Last you will get no argument from me that the Obama administration was weak on foreign policy. The "reset" with Russia was an epic failure.

Part of Obama's failings came from a position of not valuing American Exceptionalism enough and tried to come to the table apologizing for the West's mistakes (which we did make) in terms of colonialism, exploitation of the third world.

Trump's view that the US and Russia are the same in moral terms is more than problematic. Trump's isolationist and combative approach to long standing democratic allies is a major reason I so vehemently oppose him. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I need to read the article and its context more. If Flynn had been targeted by the FBI for lying on his security clearance form, there is a legitimate concern to isolate Flynn during the transition. He also plead guilty--that has to be considered.

What also has to be considered in general are the tactics of the FBI in pushing for confessions and how they turn the screws on people. Both Flynn and Stone cried "nazis" as to how the FBI and DOJ treated them. Less influential people, including people of color, say the same thing. The way in which the FBI conducted its sting on Christian Dawkins lends a little credence to the concerns of Flynn and Stone.

I also know how the FBI has worked with my family to investigate and charge a ring of scam artists that have stolen from an elderly relative. I say that I am initially inclined to suspect the FBI and the government to subvert liberty. But I temper that with my own experience with the agents and wish they could or would be able to use much harsher measures against a white collar group of allegedly "non-violent" offenders.

As neither Comey or Flynn are elected officials both are high up peers with Comey carrying out his duties. Comey was duly appointed by a sitting President and Flynn has not officially started work. We will have to agree to disagree in terms of Trump's relationship with Putin and his team's work with operatives of the Russian government during the 2016 election.

When folks throw around the terms Rhinos or true members of the GOP, I am stopped in my tracks how willing folks are willing to accept Trump's position on NATO and Russia. But old ground and no new seeds of understanding will take root and sprout in this conversation.

I will say with extemporaneous notes that they could serve as a CYA after the fact. I have also never had meetings of such import or probably would be planning a book.

Last you will get no argument from me that the Obama administration was weak on foreign policy. The "reset" with Russia was an epic failure.

Part of Obama's failings came from a position of not valuing American Exceptionalism enough and tried to come to the table apologizing for the West's mistakes (which we did make) in terms of colonialism, exploitation of the third world.

Trump's view that the US and Russia are the same in moral terms is more than problematic. Trump's isolationist and combative approach to long standing democratic allies is a major reason I so vehemently oppose him. But I digress.
    Flynn did not nor was he accused of or plead guilty to lying on his security form. He was accused of lying to the FBI in an interview where the FBI was attempting to entrap him, which they successfully did. Were he to have lied to get his clearance, that is a different story....but is still irrelevant to what Obama, Rice, Comey, etc... did. Their actions had nothing to do with his security clearance application. It was about them subverting the Trump administration and determining what information they got.

He plead guilty also to quell the threat of the FBI pursuing his son.....

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Not sure "also" needs to be there. He plead soley to quell the investigation. FBI got what they wanted. The memo's make it clear what their intention were..... to get him to lie (aka entrapment) and hope they could flip him on Trump. I have no problem with people who commit crimes being punished. I do have have a problem when the government sets them up.

and it’s why the case is going bye bye. What needs to happen is those pushing the charges/case within the DOJ and FBI need to be prosecuted so it doesn’t happen again. I don’t ever think that will happen, nor the political folks who orchestrated it either.
    That’s why I suspect something to this effect will occur again down the road because no penalty is at the end of the act that needs to be paid.
    Not sure "also" needs to be there. He plead soley to quell the investigation. FBI got what they wanted. The memo's make it clear what their intention were..... to get him to lie (aka entrapment) and hope they could flip him on Trump. I have no problem with people who commit crimes being punished. I do have have a problem when the government sets them up.

Fab Five

We never did learn what “flexibility” Barry exercised with Russia after the 2012 election. The statement caught on tape demonstrated how weak Obama was on foreign affairs. The Chinese certainly pounced on the weakness.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    And b/c the case had bankrupted him. He's reportedly millions in the hole in legal bills.

Justice in this country and the rest of the world has a lot to do with how many resources you have and how badly the state wants your hide. If you have enough to fight a charge and they don't really see high reward in nailing you, you'll probably come out pretty well.

If OTOH they REALLY Want you bad, bad enough to spend millions without having to be accountable, then you're in big trouble I dont' care what you did or didn't do.

The FBI and Mueller used every dirty tactic they could against Flynn, stone and others. Threatening family, draining their finances, arresting white collar criminals in pre-dawn SWAT raids, it's a long list of prosecutorial misconduct IMO.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

The FBI and Mueller used every dirty tactic they could against Flynn, stone and others. Threatening family, draining their finances, arresting white collar criminals in pre-dawn SWAT raids, it's a long list of prosecutorial misconduct IMO.
    And that is the shame of it all. There is a certain standard all Americans regardless of political party. Every person should be treated fairly and without bias by our justice system, be it Kavanaught, Flynn, Biden, Hillary, etc....
    Last edited by Doc; 05-21-2020 at 06:52 AM.

And that is the same of it all. There is a certain standard all Americans regardless of political party. Every person should be treated fairly and without bias by our justice system, be it Kavanaught, Flynn, Biden, Hillary, etc....
    Yep, there is a reason Lady Justice is blindfolded.

Flynn did not nor was he accused of or plead guilty to lying on his security form. He was accused of lying to the FBI in an interview where the FBI was attempting to entrap him, which they successfully did. Were he to have lied to get his clearance, that is a different story....but is still irrelevant to what Obama, Rice, Comey, etc... did. Their actions had nothing to do with his security clearance application. It was about them subverting the Trump administration and determining what information they got.
    After the interview the FBI concluded he had not lied, but this was later amended by the maneuvering of Strzok and Page.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/infec...b691c0e9ee469d

I want to clarify an error. Flynn did not falsify the security form like the one I completed. Or the form that Jared had to amend multiple times.

Flynn was charged in Item 5 in the actual list of charges providing materially false statements and omissions on a FARA form--Foreign Agents Registration Act when he failed to disclose his business/financial dealings in Turkey.

It was not the standard security form. It was a form that impacted his security clearance as it specifically addressed his financial interests representing other countries.

Now the Clinton Foundation and a host of speaking fees can raise questions about Hillary, Bill, etc. But he did falsify a form that had national security interests. So short hand was not accurate but in the world of message board debate is more right than not.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/infec...b691c0e9ee469d

I want to clarify an error. Flynn did not falsify the security form like the one I completed. Or the form that Jared had to amend multiple times.

Flynn was charged in Item 5 in the actual list of charges providing materially false statements and omissions on a FARA form--Foreign Agents Registration Act when he failed to disclose his business/financial dealings in Turkey.

It was not the standard security form. It was a form that impacted his security clearance as it specifically addressed his financial interests representing other countries..
    Somewhere along the way the FARA charges were dropped, I don’t recall the particulars. Given the propensity of Mueller to overcharge there is no way of knowing how justifiable the FARA charges were. The only remaining charges against Flynn are those for lying to an FBI agent during the interview.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...ybe-others-too