Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Shingles

Shingles

If you had chicken pox in your youth there's a good chance you get shingles. At the least shingles can be painful and itchy and it doesn't go away very quickly. I'm on the verge of being free of it but I've probably got a couple of weeks before it's gone. I've been unable to work for about three weeks so far.

Anyone else here experienced this?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Shingles

I remember my late uncle had a severe case and it lasted quite a while. It appeared to make it hard for him to accomplish much of anything.

Sorry you're going through this. I hope I can avoid ever having it.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

In 07 & 08 I got them in my scalp, running from the top down a line to my right ear. Hurt constantly with occasional sharp pain like someone was hitting me on the head. They were almost gone when I got them the first so there wasn't much they could do. The next time I knew what it was & went in early. They gave me an antiviral that helped shorten the time I had them. Hang in there.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

At Barber Shop????

Must be Trumps fault, or a liberal conspiracy
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Mine started with pain around the right side of my waist / from my naval to my spine. Blisters with fluid with varying sizes. It's getting better but it's a slow process. I wear my pants loose without use of a belt and I don't buckle. I'm fortunate to be able to stay home and not have to worry about paying bills.

^There's no good place to get them, but that's definitely a tough spot. Hope you feel better soon.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

I have not experienced shingles, but one of my life long buddies has. It went on about a year and a half. Once the trunk of his body cleared up it moved to his face and then to his back. He was a commercial banker and did not have the luxury of wearing loose fitting clothes. Very, very painful.

I debated a long time about getting the vaccine. It was only about 50% effective. Then about 2 and 1/2 years ago they came out with a new vaccine. It is a shot and a booster. Much more effective, but in short supply. I was on the wait list at 4 different pharmacies for about 9 months. Then last June I got a call for an appointment and completed the treatment in August. It wasn't as expensive as I thought. Insurance covered most of it. But, I am very glad I went ahead and got vaccinated. So far it has worked for me. They have now ramped up the supply and it is more readily available.
    Real Fan since 1958

A bit off topic but my next venture is getting a sample of my stool for determining my need for a colon cancer preventative.

I'm worried about getting the vaccine - the new one-and worried about not getting it. So yeah, sorry badrose hope you get better soon.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I'm worried about getting the vaccine - the new one-and worried about not getting it. So yeah, sorry badrose hope you get better soon.
    Why worried about getting the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    A bit off topic but my next venture is getting a sample of my stool for determining my need for a colon cancer preventative.
    No need to discuss my prostate biopsies (plural)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Badrose,

Hang in there. My aunt who is 95 (about to turn 96) had it. Very painful. In some cases there are some lingering effects even worse than the pain and itching.

In some cases it causes, confusion, hallucinations and anger. Encephalitis, a swelling of the brain, can occur. Be mindful of those things. I urge you to speak to family or friends to see if they see any changes. I hate to sound so dire but my aunt is suffering--certainly other unrelated issues are no doubt contributing to her slowing down.

Be safe and God bless.

There are many contributing factors impacting one's heal