Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: What you learn during a Pandemic

Fab Five

What you learn during a Pandemic

If there is one positive thing that has come from the pandemic, it is meeting your neighbors. Our neighborhood has a lot of walkers and joggers and most are extremely friendly. There is one guy though that stands out from all others. He is a long haired bearded guy who takes very long walks. He wears a long trench coat, large wide brimmed hat, and carries a walking stick over 6 feet long. He walks long distances. He doesn’t drive.

Well, today the mystery was solved as I learned who he was. He evidently was one of thousands who moved here after Katrina and runs his business out of his home. My Louisiana friends introduced me to his products ages ago and they are excellent. Had no idea he lived in alaBama, much less around the corner.

http://www.colonelpaul.com/personality.htm
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: What you learn during a Pandemic

My pandemic doings....In my condo complex here in Naples, I’ve been introduced to neighbors from every NE state between Pennsylvania and Maine. They are enamored with how I speak lol.....and I’m working on learning French on Duolingo....

Fab Five

You have an accent? I never would have guessed you don’t type with one.
    Real Fan since 1958

What did I learn? The value of toilet paper
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Katrina sent a lot of people North. For a long while Chappy’s on Church was in Nashville due to Katrina. Dinner was fab there.

Ive learned how well we’ve had it here in the US. We used to be able to go anywhere, do anything at whatever time we wanted. There is really nothing within reason that we couldn’t get whenever we wanted it, including medical, dental, vision services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I've learned just how lucky I have been having nine Aunts and Uncles still with me, all at or over the age of eighty. Also my Mother who is 83.

I did lose one uncle recently however. It's now suspected it was due to covid19..at the time listed as an unknown virus which caused aspiration.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Very cool, Mick.