Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Dr. Fauci Says Sports Will Not Happen This Year - Wants to Isolate Players

Dr. Fauci Says Sports Will Not Happen This Year - Wants to Isolate Players

Re: Dr. Fauci Says Sports Will Not Happen This Year - Wants to Isolate Players

Dr. Fauci has been off at nearly every turn throughout the pandemic.

That thread title (and the youtube clip) is terribly misleading. This is not at all what he said.

Here is an article with actual quotes: https://saraacarter.com/dr-fauci-spo...esume-in-2020/

And I saw him do an interview this morning where he clarified this even more. He said, "SOME sports might not be able to". And he said "some sports may have to without spectators".

Nothing he is saying is new or even newsworthy. Some sports might not happen. Some might have to play without spectators.

He is clearly not saying "sports will not happen this year" as the clip/title says as Golf, Nascar and UFC have already announced start dates.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    That's a very misleading statement.

I'm not sure what the definition of 'off' vs 'on' is, but nobody has been perfect. Fauci has been about as close to 'on' as anybody can get, certainly significantly more than the executive leadership.

That's undeniable and very easily fact-checkable.

Fauci will lose here. If it was only Med people making decisions we'd all be locked in our closets for a year and our country would be destroyed

And on a side note it's being reported that the sky is falling by several news outlets

As late as end of Feb, he was telling folks to go out and have fun. He was going on what China was saying. Trump cut off China travel Jan 31, so his instincts were sound

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    That's a very misleading statement.

I'm not sure what the definition of 'off' vs 'on' is, but nobody has been perfect. Fauci has been about as close to 'on' as anybody can get, certainly significantly more than the executive leadership.

That's undeniable and very easily fact-checkable.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...-something-the

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...he-coronavirus

Fauci definitely doesn’t go by the aim small, miss small philosophy.

Except.for when he disagrees with Trump....then he is right
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Except.for when he disagrees with Trump....then he is right
    That what CNN tells people.

Lord. This whole thread is based on something the guy never said.
    In fact, I’ve heard him say several times he thinks there will be sports and he hopes with spectators as he misses going to National games.

If he’s been “wrong at every turn” than Trump is a complete moron for hiring him and having him as a central figure of this thing.
    The guy has worked for multiple administrations and is a national treasure. He knows more about virus’s in his pinky than all of us do combined.
    Threads like this are just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    If he’s been “wrong at every turn” than Trump is a complete moron for hiring him and having him as a central figure of this thing.
    The guy has worked for multiple administrations and is a national treasure. He knows more about virus’s in his pinky than all of us do combined.
    Fauci has been director since 1984. He is without a doubt not accustomed to the media taking his musings on possible outcomes and turning them into absolutes.

Fab Five

In fact, I’ve heard him say several times he thinks there will be sports and he hopes with spectators as he misses going to National games.

What he said, only more loudly.

Imagine...a thread on something somebody never said! Seriously? Much better we talk about "Drinking Clorox" or "the Coronavirus is a hoax"..............
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Personally I do think there is a level of credibility to Fauci but he has not been right about everything because nobody has.

Glad you feel that way, since he was one of the key advisors telling Trump early on that this wasn't the crisis it became.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Imagine...a thread on something somebody never said! Seriously? Much better we talk about "Drinking Clorox" or "the Coronavirus is a hoax"..............
    Or things that never existed at all, like two years discussing Trump being a Russian deep cover agent.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Yes, yes, of course. Trump never said "drinking Clorox". He sarcastically (cough cough) said, "Injesting Disinfectant". I think we have that straight now. And its still just as asinine as the first time I heard him say it.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Glad you feel that way, since he was one of the key advisors telling Trump early on that this wasn't the crisis it became.
    I have no idea what Fauci told Trump in private, etc. But, yes, the guy is excellent. And as I've posted many times on here...Trump deserves a lot of credit for listening to Fauci throughout this thing. I have zero doubt he didn't want to.
    Has he undermined it at other times? Yes.
    But he has stayed the course as far as his plans of listening to the medical experts and we are all better off for it.
    ~Puma~

Yes, yes, of course. Trump never said "drinking Clorox". He sarcastically (cough cough) said, "Injesting Disinfectant". I think we have that straight now. And its still just as asinine as the first time I heard him say it.
    Not true. He never said to ingest disinfectant, sarcastically or nonsarcastically. That is something that was never said. Never.

Not true. He never said to ingest disinfectant, sarcastically or nonsarcastically. That is something that was never said. Never.
    He didn’t say TO ingest it. He asked the question ABOUT injecting it.

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside.”

His exact quote. Sparse words all you want. That’s an asinine thing to say at a press conference.

The punctuation at the end of the second sentence should be a question mark as that signifies a question. He asked the expert a question, phrased as a question. It is not a directive or recommendation. It might be an assinine question, but still a question.

Yes, a question.

Yes, a question.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

The punctuation at the end of the second sentence should be a question mark as that signifies a question. He asked the expert a question, phrased as a question. It is not a directive or recommendation. It might be an assinine question, but still a question.
    It was also directed toward the medical people, as he turned and looked at them when he asked the question.

It was also directed toward the medical people, as he turned and looked at them when he asked the question.
    Yes, that indeed happened.