Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Anybody know exactly what this is?

Anybody know exactly what this is?

I think it is a pop off valve. It is on my work dental machine which runs off a compressor. It is hissing air and I think the valve is going bad, needs replacing, but want to be sure I know what I am doing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Anybody know exactly what this is?

A guess would be a vacuum control valve. If so, there should also be a regulator that it connects to...I believe.

EDIT: Now I read that most do not use a regulator but pressure relies on the number of devices being used.
    Last edited by kingcat; 04-15-2020 at 10:27 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

They may make a repair kit for the Norgren regulator valve

Id call the company and give them the part number..
    1(720) 204-4114
    Last edited by kingcat; 04-15-2020 at 10:55 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

On second thought..i wager its just an O ring worn out. if you could remove the handle and get the stem out it may be no more than a faucet type repair.

Those specialty valves can be expensive.

I replaced a ring and it barely hisses now. Seemed to be the fix
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Good deal

Late to the party but an O-Ring would have been my guess and it appears that was the majority of the issue.
    Did you think to lubricate it prior to installing?
    I do not know about the medical use of it but I would think a thin film of Petroleum Jelly might serve it well.
    Sorry, busy day at work.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Nope, did not do anything but put a ring in. I think I might have.some petroleum jelly somewhere at the clinic!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Nope, did not do anything but put a ring in. I think I might have.some petroleum jelly somewhere at the clinic!
    Breaks must be a blast.