Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: RIP John Prine

RIP John Prine

Wow just wow, back in the day I had a lot of fun while listening to John Prine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: RIP John Prine

We just lost a Lyrical Poet; musician seems to be not quite enough...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

RIP John Prine

WFPK in Louisville playing J Prine all day

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

RIP John Prine

Good local story about the song he finally wrote about Birmingham's Vulcan.

https://www.cbs42.com/news/local/joh...nghams-vulcan/

RIP John Prine

https://youtu.be/SYTBWiynSGw

Last edited by blueboss; 04-09-2020 at 06:28 PM.

RIP John Prine

https://youtu.be/G487EDeXadA

Last edited by blueboss; 04-09-2020 at 05:33 PM.

RIP John Prine

https://youtu.be/lYQ4WnFG_0I

Rupp's Runt

As someone who lives in Muhlenberg County. This definitely changes a legendary song to all of us.

RIP John Prine

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    As someone who lives in Muhlenberg County. This definitely changes a legendary song to all of us.
    This one is on me...

https://youtu.be/DEy6EuZp9IY

Rupp's Runt

RIP John Prine

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    This one is on me...

https://youtu.be/DEy6EuZp9IY

Thanks Blueboss. TVA and coal has always been controversial and I guess it will always be. Blamed for a lot of things but has provided us a lot as well. Either way, it has played a part in making us who we are.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quite talented. And a local boy.

Rest in peace JP

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    This song was popular in my hippie days. It always meant so much. Strip mining and dam building were the two major issues of our time. "you can rape your state, but don't strip mine". "Stop the Red River Gorge". John Prine's music spoke to those issues. At bluegrass bars in Louisville and Lexington, Prine's music was a mainstay. His music blended bluegrass and country and went a long way to create the Americana genre. As much as I love "Paradise", his collaboration with Bonnie Raitt on "Angel from Montgomery" is one of my all time favorites.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 04-16-2020 at 09:47 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

For folks in Muhlenberg and Christian and Hopkins I think hearing the song Paradise in every club and every weekend got pretty old and trite. But it spoke to me as a summer visitor to Earlington and Mortons Gap. Ma Adams house and Adams General Store at the intersection of 41A and 813. The house at Bell Crossing at the edge of Earlington. Ma Fox’s house on East Hanson St. Those memories are worn, and most of the buildings as gone as my loved ones who lived there. That song spoke to me as a young man and it still does. That first album, with Paradise and Angel from Montgomery and Hello in There and all the rest is classic Americana from the heart and the heartland. Never did get Walter’s taste for a cold slab of barbecued mutton, but the white beans and buttermilk cornbread of those early tables is still Is enough for me to eat. “Ain’t it funny how an old broken bottle, shines just like a diamond ring?”