Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home defense shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Just in case you were thinking of purchasing one of these, I had sent an email to Palmetto State Armory earlier last week asking about their 9mm Glock clone and received this response in my mail this morning.

We do not have any authorized dealers in KY. In addition, the DAGR has not been released for public sale and we have regrettably had to push back the release date for the time being due to the Covid-19 crisis. At this time we have not set a new date for release.

Thanks for your inquiry,
    That looks like something I'd like.

I wanted a Glock 19, but wasn't willing to spend the dollars for it. I ended up with a Walther Creed at half the price, and ecstatic with the choice. But I might be interested in another if it were a 19 clone at a great price.

Re: Home defense shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That looks like something I'd like.

I wanted a Glock 19, but wasn't willing to spend the dollars for it. I ended up with a Walther Creed at half the price, and ecstatic with the choice. But I might be interested in another if it were a 19 clone at a great price.
    Here is an article I read back a few months ago on the PS9. http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...ry-ps9-dagger/

One big selling point I see is that it has the cutout under the trigger guard that a lot of Glock fans have done to make the Glock more comfortable. It also comes with metal sights, another popular Glock swap out.
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 04-22-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Rupp's Runt

I have not had a chance to handle one of these yet, but it certainly appears functional, with some nice features to it.
    Of course, putting rounds downrange is the real test.
    I like what I see, but I'd have to actually hold one and shoot it to decide if I'd buy one.

I like what I see, but I'd have to actually hold one and shoot it to decide if I'd buy one.
    That is exactly what I told the folks at Palmetto State Armory when I asked them if they had a dealer in KY. I do not think it is worth a drive to South Carolina to make a purchase
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

That is exactly what I told the folks at Palmetto State Armory when I asked them if they had a dealer in KY. I do not think it is worth a drive to South Carolina to make a purchase
    I have every intention of ordering one sooner or later. No clue when. But when I do, you are welcome to come try it. I am in Bowling Green some and if you are ever near Muhlenberg or Christian you are welcome to stop by.

That is a very kind offer, or I may just ask for your product review and decide from that.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Here is an article I read back a few months ago on the PS9. http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...ry-ps9-dagger/

One big selling point I see is that it has the cutout under the trigger guard that a lot of Glock fans have done to make the Glock more comfortable. It also comes with metal sights, another popular Glock swap out.
    Good article and appreciate the photos of it.

I have an 11-87 Super-mag Special Purpose that doubles as a turkey gun and home defense weapon. Believe me nobody wants to be on the receiving end of a 3 1/2 in. load from that bad boy.It's by far the best shotgun I have ever owned.

I just want it for self protection, I do not want it to blow out the window glass all over the house when I fire it off inside a closed up house.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 04-25-2020 at 08:40 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I just want it for self protection, I do not want it to blow out the window glass all over the house when I fire it off inside a closed up house.
    A 2 3/4” load suits me fine for home defense.

I picked up a Glock 19 Gen 4 at Rural King at the pre-pandemic $499 price tag. It was among a group of about four or five pistols in that 9mm, 4 inch barrel, and 15 round capacity group I had narrowed things down to. I could have gone with one of my other choices for around that $450-$475 price range, but when I considered the extra mag the Glock comes with and the speed loader it became the better buy. $30-$40 to buy a third magazine and $12-$15 for a speed loader would have put some of the other choices at the price of the Glock or higher.

I still am on the hunt for the home defense shotgun. With the prices of the off the rack shotguns being what they are I think I can buy one much more economically than I can buy a used pump action and build one. Another hindrance is the unavailability of used pump action Mossberg and Remington shot guns. The only used shotguns I have found are single barrels of various manufacturers made on the 30s and 40s or earlier.

Home defense shotgun

I picked up a Glock 19 Gen 4 at Rural King at the pre-pandemic $499 price tag. It was among a group of about four or five pistols in that 9mm, 4 inch barrel, and 15 round capacity group I had narrowed things down to. I could have gone with one of my other choices for around that $450-$475 price range, but when I considered the extra mag the Glock comes with and the speed loader it became the better buy. $30-$40 to buy a third magazine and $12-$15 for a speed loader would have put some of the other choices at the price of the Glock or higher.

I still am on the hunt for the home defense shotgun. With the prices of the off the rack shotguns being what they are I think I can buy one much more economically than I can buy a used pump action and build one. Another hindrance is the unavailability of used pump action Mossberg and Remington shot guns. The only used shotguns I have found are single barrels of various manufacturers made on the 30s and 40s or earlier.
    Everybody needs a G19.

Everybody needs a G19.
    If I can get lucky and snag the PSA glock G19 clone I can save about 200.00 and still have what I want. May not be able to get lucky though
    seeya
    dan

Home defense shotgun

If I can get lucky and snag the PSA glock G19 clone I can save about 200.00 and still have what I want. May not be able to get lucky though
    Dan, I ended up with the Walther Creed, and I'm very content with it. Beyond content, very happy in fact. It is substituting for a niche I thought I needed (higher capacity reliable 9mm. I have a nice S&W 39-2 9mm, but single stack 8 shot mags).

But if they had the PSA Glock clone then that's likely what I would have ended up with. I am looking forward to some of you getting it and letting me know what I'm missing.

Amazing what one can find just prowling around the net.

II can get a brand new Barrett .50 cal with built in tripod for $8,499.00 and that includes a 25X50 scope. Includes the standard 10 round clip. I just need an additional $7,000.00 in stimulus money.

It is a absolutely beautiful weapon.

seeya
    dan

Dan, can you get extended round magazines for that?

Maybe we can all chip in and get a KSR one we can share.

50 round drum mags are available. Only way to make this work is for everybody to get together and I shoot once, you shoot once, and on down the line. You shoot that thing more than once a day and it is gonna hurt.
    seeya
    dan

A big factor for me is availability of a lot of less expensive aftermarket goodies. If the PSA clone can use the most of the a Glock stuff they may have trouble keeping them in stock.

The Ruger PC Carbine uses Glock mags, and I can see other companies picking up on the use of Glock mags in the future. Patents have expired through Gen 3 and lots of companies are churning out magazines.

50 round drum mags are available. Only way to make this work is for everybody to get together and I shoot once, you shoot once, and on down the line. You shoot that thing more than once a day and it is gonna hurt.
    I can’t imagine what kind of pain the shooter’s shoulder would be in after emptying a drum out of that .50 cal.

Amazing what one can find just prowling around the net.

II can get a brand new Barrett .50 cal with built in tripod for $8,499.00 and that includes a 25X50 scope. Includes the standard 10 round clip. I just need an additional $7,000.00 in stimulus money.

It is a absolutely beautiful weapon.

That one might blow the glass out of your house too Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    That one might blow the glass out of your house too Dan!
    LOL
    seeya
    dan

A big factor for me is availability of a lot of less expensive aftermarket goodies. If the PSA clone can use the most of the a Glock stuff they may have trouble keeping them in stock.

The Ruger PC Carbine uses Glock mags, and I can see other companies picking up on the use of Glock mags in the future. Patents have expired through Gen 3 and lots of companies are churning out magazines.

The clone uses the glock mag, trigger group and other parts for the gen 3 model 19.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Everybody needs a G19.
    My Agency just issued us all brand new Glock Model 45's in 9 mm.
    We had the option of buying back our former duty weapons, mine is the H&K USP Compact .40 S&W.
    Not bragging, but I got mine, with 3 magazines for LESS THAN $400.00.
    As far as the Glock is concerned, it's a Glock. It still has that messed up European cant to the grip, and it's a 9 mm, not a .40 or a .45. It's functional, and at least they issued us good duty ammunition, the Hornady Critical Duty in 135 grain +P.
    As I have said before, I am NOT a Glock fan. I hate the European grip angle, it doesn't facilitate a true from the holster point of aim on target. But.......it is functional, very basic, and I do like the safety features on it.
    It's okay. But it isn't a Sig or an H&K. JMHO.

If I were not concerned about over penetration into the neighbors house i would be shopping for a Springfield arms model 1911 .45 cal. The 1911 fits my hand, I love the balance and with the 5 inch barrel the recoil and barrel rise are both very manageable.

I can't stop your Prius but I can kill your Expedition or your Tahoe.
    seeya
    dan

If I were not concerned about over penetration into the neighbors house i would be shopping for a Springfield arms model 1911 .45 cal. The 1911 fits my hand, I love the balance and with the 5 inch barrel the recoil and barrel rise are both very manageable.

I can't stop your Prius but I can kill your Expedition or your Tahoe.
    I miss my Rock Island 1911, I’ll probably get another 1911 in a few years.

I'm going to look hard at the Sig P320 (military designation M17 or M18 for the compact version which I would probably go with), the new military service weapon. It's gotten really good reviews. Sig makes great guns. If I were getting a full size semi auto that's my first stop.

Now that's a 9mm, and I prefer a 40S&W or 45ACP.

My next small gun is probably the Springfield XDS in 45acp. Sweet gun.

Or a bazooka.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm going to look hard at the Sig P320 (military designation M17 or M18 for the compact version which I would probably go with), the new military service weapon. It's gotten really good reviews. Sig makes great guns. If I were getting a full size semi auto that's my first stop.

Now that's a 9mm, and I prefer a 40S&W or 45ACP.

My next small gun is probably the Springfield XDS in 45acp. Sweet gun.

Or a bazooka.
    In the 9mm compact world there are lots of good offerings by lots of manufacturers. The 15 round capacity and around 4 inch barrel size is a very popular combination of firepower, and size. Nice size for the range, home defense and can be squeezed into the CCW role.

seeya
    dan

That’s a wicked looking hornet.