Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Home defense shotgun

Re: Home defense shotgun

Kinda snotty too, hiding behind a private wall.

Thanks
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 06-15-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Home defense shotgun

Most FB groups are private or they get hijacked.

PSA themselves are ok. But their followers are arrogant and immature.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

Thanks
    I wouldn't belong to any private group that would accept me as a member. Gotta have some standards!

Rupp's Runt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Most FB groups are private or they get hijacked.

PSA themselves are ok. But their followers are arrogant and immature.

Since we now follow them on FB...does that make us...I won't speak for you. I am definitely immature

I do not know what it makes me other than an anxious potential customer that is dealing with a business that sees fit to do business on facebook rather than their www. website. I feel comfortable that when I try to make a purchase it will be done on their on line catalogue and not on facebook, but they keep pumping out production info on facebook so if I want to satisfy my need to know I have to play in their sandbox.
    seeya
    dan

I do not know what it makes me other than an anxious potential customer that is dealing with a business that sees fit to do business on facebook rather than their www. website. I feel comfortable that when I try to make a purchase it will be done on their on line catalogue and not on facebook, but they keep pumping out production info on facebook so if I want to satisfy my need to know I have to play in their sandbox.
    That page isn’t their official FB page.

Here is a youtube video of an interview with the gun's creator. Lots of good information about the weapon and the process of creation of the Dagr.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/06/cat...id4hFc5nmrjQ8M

Looks like first week of July for the weapon to be released for sale. I hope they will have several thousand of them ready to ship by then.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 06-16-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    That page isn’t their official FB page.
    True but it is one step away, and is the official handgun forum. That would be like saying that this page or the UK sports forum is not the official KSR forum page and only accepting the KSR Front Page as the "official" KSR internet page.

https://www.facebook.com/PalmettoStateArmory/
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

And PSA does post on that page.

I find gun forums and reviews/comments on products to be ridiculousness at best. I use Facebook to follow a few gun related people and products. But this is the only forum I will post anything on related to guns. We certainly have the most rationale and well spoken UK/Gun fans here. I'm not a really a "gun" person so I have some dumb questions sometimes and I ask those here. Until recently, I only had a SKS and a 12 single shot. All I ever needed and really, all I still need. But I do want to grow my collection some.

Here is a youtube video of an interview with the gun's creator. Lots of good information about the weapon and the process of creation of the Dagr.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/06/cat...id4hFc5nmrjQ8M

Looks like first week of July for the weapon to be released for sale. I hope they will have several thousand of them ready to ship by then.
    It appears that they will sell a large number immediately. PSA has produced quality firearms and has an outstanding reputation.

It appears that they will sell a large number immediately. PSA has produced quality firearms and has an outstanding reputation.
    They have ticked off a lot of folks who would have jumped on the PSA9 right away, but they got on the internet and hyped the gun, and made a big splash at the shot show and did not have anything ready to sell, then the virus hit and really set them back. Lots of potential buyers have already bought something else in a comparable caliber and price range. They will likely sell lots of units and i hope they do not sell out before they can fill my order.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Wife has decided we are getting a pool...not sure what this means to my long term gun purchases, but I know what it means for my short term purchases...

Make sure you tell her that you will have to guard the pool against invading polar bears and migrant sheep herders. If you really want to get her attention, mention beavers and raccoons.

Make sure to let her know that you are making a sacrifice in getting the puny shotgun instead of the .50 cal you have been lusting over for years.
    seeya
    dan

BTW, Dan, checked on the Charles Daly again since the 4th. Still nothing to report. Buds has gotten more of the Citadel Legacy Warthogs in, but prices have jumped to north of $400.

Rupp's Runt

I'll still get the Dagger sooner or later. I really feel like that is a need. I want a pistol with a light to walk in the woods at night. It is not uncommon to deal with a cow or calf in the woods at night. I'd feel much better with a pistol with a light mounted on it. I currently do not have a pistol with a rail.

Home defense shotgun

I'll still get the Dagger sooner or later. I really feel like that is a need. I want a pistol with a light to walk in the woods at night. It is not uncommon to deal with a cow or calf in the woods at night.
    Afraid of the killer calf?

😉

Rupp's Runt

Home defense shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Afraid of the killer calf?

😉
    Afraid what wants to kill/eat the calf. And the boogeyman lol

Afraid what wants to kill/eat the calf. And the boogeyman lol

If it’s eating the calf there are either several of them, or bigger than the calf. Either way it pays to be armed. In the past decade there have been confirmed kills of both wolves and cougars in Kentucky, plus the ever present coyote.

Rupp's Runt

If it’s eating the calf there are either several of them, or bigger than the calf. Either way it pays to be armed. In the past decade there have been confirmed kills of both wolves and cougars in Kentucky, plus the ever present coyote.
    I remember the cougar. I'd prefer those things stay out west.

I remember the cougar. I'd prefer those things stay out west.
    With less and less actual farming occurring in the state there is a lot more land area that is a suitable habitat for animals that were once no where near the area. In the 1930s deer were rarely seen, now they are everywhere. The predators will go where they have a habitat and a food supply, so now they are arriving. Bear sightings the last couple of summers have now become common here.

I’ve noticed in the past couple of weeks that shotguns are becoming more available. I’ve even seen some Mossberg 500s. The place I get a lot of ammo has advertised a Benelli Super Nova home defense 12 gauge. At a price take near $550 I’m not sure it’s priced right.

I broke over and bought a Charles Daly 301, pump action, 20 inch barrel. It’s one of the multitude of Turkish shotguns coming into the US. The action seems pretty stiff, so before I take it out to shoot I’m going to get some jewelers rouge and polishing pad for the Dremel and do some refinement, then lube it good and reassemble. I may still do a build later when the used pumps are back on the market. I’d really like to do a Mossberg build, they have the smoothest action to me.

I’ve noticed in the past couple of weeks that shotguns are becoming more available. I’ve even seen some Mossberg 500s. The place I get a lot of ammo has advertised a Benelli Super Nova home defense 12 gauge. At a price take near $550 I’m not sure it’s priced right.
    I broke over and bought a Charles Daly 301, pump action, 20 inch barrel. It’s one of the multitude of Turkish shotguns coming into the US. The action seems pretty stiff, so before I take it out to shoot I’m going to get some jewelers rouge and polishing pad for the Dremel and do some refinement, then lube it good and reassemble. I may still do a build later when the used pumps are back on the market. I’d really like to do a Mossberg build, they have the smoothest action to me.
    As you know, I'm not much of a shotgun guy, just having the one I've owned since a kid for sentimental reasons, I guess. I took a look at what you bought, and that would really be nice to have around the house. Hopefully they aren't too scarce, as you were seeing, and I might see if I can pick one up.

As you ALSO know, I am less-than-handy so I'd really like something that works out of the box pretty well, with no modifications or refinements. Would a Mossberg 20-gauge pump be the ticket? That Charles Daly looked really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    As you know, I'm not much of a shotgun guy, just having the one I've owned since a kid for sentimental reasons, I guess. I took a look at what you bought, and that would really be nice to have around the house. Hopefully they aren't too scarce, as you were seeing, and I might see if I can pick one up.

As you ALSO know, I am less-than-handy so I'd really like something that works out of the box pretty well, with no modifications or refinements. Would a Mossberg 20-gauge pump be the ticket? That Charles Daly looked really good.
    I think the Mossberg’s have the smoothest action out of the box, at least out of those that would be in the sub $400 range.

There are a lot of the budget pumps out of Turkey. The Stevens 320 gets good reviews, not sure who makes it.

The Charles Daly would smooth out with a little lube and a break in period, I just want to shortcut the break in period.

00 buck is hard to find, but #4, #5 or #6 is good for home defense ranges.

Rupp's Runt

And PSA does post on that page.

I find gun forums and reviews/comments on products to be ridiculousness at best. I use Facebook to follow a few gun related people and products. But this is the only forum I will post anything on related to guns. We certainly have the most rationale and well spoken UK/Gun fans here. I'm not a really a "gun" person so I have some dumb questions sometimes and I ask those here. Until recently, I only had a SKS and a 12 single shot. All I ever needed and really, all I still need. But I do want to grow my collection some.
    KentuckyWildcat, there are no dumb questions when it comes to guns.
    Just ask. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on this forum that know their stuff about guns and gun related materials. And if they know the answer to your questions, they will readily assist you.
    This is by far the best public conversation forum around. We talk about almost anything and everything here. This site is about as diverse as you will find. There are lots of folks from all walks of life that are honest and open about anything we talk about.
    This site is about Kentucky sports, but that's just where we begin. Great people in this community.

I did a little work on the Charles Daly. I didn’t have the jewelers rouge, so haven’t done any polishing. The bolt had a burr, so I removed it. I oiled anything that looked like it was rubbing and reassembled. I’m using a Lucas gun oil, it really seems to work well. The action is working better. I’ve yet to shoot it, but anticipate that it will continue to get smoother as the oil coats the internal slide rails.

Home defense shotgun

Sounds good, Keith. When you get a chance to shoot it a little, be sure and post how you like it.

BTW, Dan, checked on the Charles Daly again since the 4th. Still nothing to report. Buds has gotten more of the Citadel Legacy Warthogs in, but prices have jumped to north of $400.
    Located the Charles Daly 12 ga semi auto for $249.99 plus tax and any necessary fees. Just in case you are still interested.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...85in/p/1625271
    seeya
    dan

Located the Charles Daly 12 ga semi auto for $249.99 plus tax and any necessary fees. Just in case you are still interested.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...85in/p/1625271
    Did you order one?

My plan is to make sure they have one in stock at either Lexington or Crescent Springs and then visit next week to handle it and then buy it if the feel is right for me. If that cant happen then I will order and have it shipped to Lex so I can play with it and keeping it or returning while I am at the store.
    seeya
    dan