Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Hollywood movie and film studios are mooving to New Mexico

Hollywood movie and film studios are mooving to New Mexico

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Hollywood movie and film studios are mooving to New Mexico

New Mexico?
    MOLON LABE!

Are westerns making a comeback?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

Hollywood movie and film studios are mooving to New Mexico

I hope

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Hollywood has been largely gutted due to the high costs of doing business in California. A LOT of TV is made in Canada, esp. Vancouver and the west coast. Georgia has done well creating incentives for filming, and now New Mexico.

With the rise of Netflix, Amazon, etc. even the management has decentralized.

I once did a trade show in California. I had to pay two union guys to stand there while I put up my booth b/c a) legally the union had to do the work, but b) of course random guys at a trade show facility have no idea how to put up my equipment. that was a compromise. The original orders from them was that I had to pay multiple of them and stand there and tell them what to do and I wasn't allowed to touch it.

Yeah, I can't imagine why filming is cheaper in Georgia.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Hollywood hacks are a big reason California is the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Hollywood has been largely gutted due to the high costs of doing business in California. A LOT of TV is made in Canada, esp. Vancouver and the west coast. Georgia has done well creating incentives for filming, and now New Mexico.

With the rise of Netflix, Amazon, etc. even the management has decentralized.

I once did a trade show in California. I had to pay two union guys to stand there while I put up my booth b/c a) legally the union had to do the work, but b) of course random guys at a trade show facility have no idea how to put up my equipment. that was a compromise. The original orders from them was that I had to pay multiple of them and stand there and tell them what to do and I wasn't allowed to touch it.

Yeah, I can't imagine why filming is cheaper in Georgia.
    Georgia is huge in the movie industry currently. Atlanta, of course is a big draw but the entire state has done very well in the last few years in movie productions.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Georgia is huge in the movie industry currently. Atlanta, of course is a big draw but the entire state has done very well in the last few years in movie productions.
    Good weather and diverse terrain really helps them. Mountains, suburbs, rural, big city, and beaches all with in a short drive.

I thought I read last year that the movie industry in GA had taken a big negative hit from the cancel culture, woke movement, and the same difficulties that moved the baseball all star game to move to Denver.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I thought I read last year that the movie industry in GA had taken a big negative hit from the cancel culture, woke movement, and the same difficulties that moved the baseball all star game to move to Denver.
    Some definitely came out with the Georgia boycott, but we'll see how long it holds. Usually those things recede once it's costing those same morally superior people some money.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Some definitely came out with the Georgia boycott, but we'll see how long it holds. Usually those things recede once it's costing those same morally superior people some money.
    Usually they bluster and threaten, then they let things cool down don’t follow through. Half of them should be living in other countries by now, but apparently they are like herpes and you can’t get rid of them.

Can we get them to Mars soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Can we get them to Mars soon enough!
    We're moving that direction. They already live in Fantasyland.