Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rupp's Runt

Home defense shotgun

My scope can zero multiple rounds and I need to zero it with Wolf as well. Point of impact is about 2-3 inches different and it does not group quite as well. Federal supposedly makes a good 7.62x39 round I need try at some point.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Re: Home defense shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    My scope can zero multiple rounds and I need to zero it with Wolf as well. Point of impact is about 2-3 inches different and it does not group quite as well. Federal supposedly makes a good 7.62x39 round I need try at some point.

All I’ve ever used in my SKS is Wolf, Tula and some generic white boxed stuff. It wouldn’t know how to behave with good ammo. It’s pretty accurate without an optic with the cheap stuff, I’d think it would shoot well with better ammo.

Keith, if you see one at that price, please just let me know and it will be sold quickly. I have a FFL dealer here that will handle a sale in one of 2 ways. If they can find a CD to purchase themselves, they will sell it to me at the sticker price I find elsewhere, or they will handle the transaction for me for 20 bucks to do the transfer.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Keith, if you see one at that price, please just let me know and it will be sold quickly. I have a FFL dealer here that will handle a sale in one of 2 ways. If they can find a CD to purchase themselves, they will sell it to me at the sticker price I find elsewhere, or they will handle the transaction for me for 20 bucks to do the transfer.
    Sure thing. If the Citadel would have had the choke tubes with it that the CD has it would have come home with me today. The $100+ difference in price and no choke tubes was too much for this version of the Citadel to overcome.

Rupp's Runt

Home defense shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    All I’ve ever used in my SKS is Wolf, Tula and some generic white boxed stuff. It wouldn’t know how to behave with good ammo. It’s pretty accurate without an optic with the cheap stuff, I’d think it would shoot well with better ammo.
    KS47, Hornady Black, Accufire Scope, 100 yards. Very happy with this combo so far.

Have not tried it in my SKS or AK.

That is a really spiffy shot right thru the middle of the 1. What caliber bullet did you use for that shot? That looks smaller than even the .177
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Home defense shotgun

Bostitch 18 gauge

I was hoping you had latched on to one of these

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...r-15-nail-gun/
    seeya
    dan

Self defense load are always significantly higher than standard rounds. In this area ammo is still flying off the shelves. I was at Rural King midweek and was going to pick up some Aguila .22 they had on sale for $2.29/box of 50. They didn’t have a single box of it. They also didn’t have any 9 mm, and the only 5.56 they had was in an overpriced bulk box. They did have some 2 3/4” 12 ga 00 buck for $3.99/box of 5 shells. They didn’t have any .410 of any kind, no 20 ga shells, no 12 gauge beyond the 00 buck. They had less than 20 boxes of the 00 buck. I picked up two boxes of the buckshot, which was the limit. They did have a single box of .30 Carbine, which is normally harder to find. Anything else they had was low in quantity, 5 boxes or less, and not in popular calibers.

The Judge seems to have driven the .410 self defense load innovation. Prior to that the .410 loads were mostly field loads for rabbit, squirrels, and birds like grouse and pheasant.
    This is why I ordered ammo when this started, even 22. Got guns and ammo, you can get everything else.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 05-23-2020 at 06:02 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This is why I ordered ammo when this started, even 22. Got guns and ammo, you can get everything else.
    I don’t have nearly enough ammo to make me feel comfortable. Some calibers and gauges a couple of boxes is plenty, but not for primary defensive weapons.

Rupp's Runt

I don’t have nearly enough ammo to make me feel comfortable. Some calibers and gauges a couple of boxes is plenty, but not for primary defensive weapons.
    https://grabagun.com/hornady-black-7...20-rounds.html

Was able to order 3 just now if you wanted to try it.

https://grabagun.com/hornady-black-7...20-rounds.html

Was able to order 3 just now if you wanted to try it.
    I use 7.62x39 for plinking and stuff, so I buy cheaper Tula, Wolf, etc., for my SKS. My primary defense calibers/ gauges are 9mm, .223/5.56, and 12 gauge.

I need to go shooting, so I need to buy more ammo to do that. I'm ok for what I have right now, but it wouldn't bother me to have some more 9mm and .45 ACP, and some .38. Heck, some .22, too, for that matter. If the price ever gets back down to the dirt-cheap price they used to be, I'll really stock up, even though I just have one .22 pistol.

Hey, if you have plenty of ammo it is an incentive to purchase a few more guns to go with it
    seeya
    dan

Hey, if you have plenty of ammo it is an incentive to purchase a few more guns to go with it
    lol. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I need to go shooting, so I need to buy more ammo to do that. I'm ok for what I have right now, but it wouldn't bother me to have some more 9mm and .45 ACP, and some .38. Heck, some .22, too, for that matter. If the price ever gets back down to the dirt-cheap price they used to be, I'll really stock up, even though I just have one .22 pistol.
    Rural King has had .22 for $1.99/box of 50 the last couple of times I have been in there. I’ve picked up a couple of boxes each trip. I remember getting .22 for 50 cents a box as a kid at Maloney’s.

I well remember them for $0.79, but I wasn't buying .22's as a kid, so I didn't pay attention to them. I remember buying for less than $1.

$1.99 for a box is a darn good price. Academy Sports here has Aguila for $2.49 for a box, and I thought *that* was a good price.

www.sgammo.com. .22LR 40 and 36 gr starting at 0.04/round. Doesn't include shipping, but it's pretty reasonable. Good small business operation on this site, I like them.

FWIW I can't get it wholesale cheaper than the bulk sites sell for at retail. I could if I order a truckload. Hmmm.......
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I well remember them for $0.79, but I wasn't buying .22's as a kid, so I didn't pay attention to them. I remember buying for less than $1.

$1.99 for a box is a darn good price. Academy Sports here has Aguila for $2.49 for a box, and I thought *that* was a good price.
    Rural King advertised the Aguila recently for $2.49 and never had any in stock.

Winchester 40 gr .22 LR HP 500 cartridge box selling for .0779 a pop. I can step onto my back porch most any time of the day and return with the meat course of supper for 16 cents. That is pretty dang cheap.

Thanks for the link
    . They actually have ammo in stock at good prices and they promised to get it out the door tomorrow, maybe even tonight.

I like doing business with independent operations, specially mom and pop stores.
    seeya
    dan

They're a good one. Very fair prices, if not outright the cheapest, and great service.

I may buy another bunch of 22 just to be safe. Price is still a good penny per round higher than normal, but that's not crazy.

Rupp's Runt

Any of you guys own a Tikka?

I've sold a couple of Sako rifles, but never fired one.

Any of you guys own a Tikka?
    I will not own nor shoot anything I can not pronounce.
    seeya
    dan

No Sturmgewehr?

Anyone have any opinions on a 6.5 creedmoor in a bolt action? Wanting one to reach out longer ranges when needed.

I’ve been doing some reading about the 6.5 Creedmoor.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/5-things...or-whitetails/

I am intrigued by this round as a replacement of my .30-‘06 as a deer hunting round. A flatter shooting round with less recoil becomes more desirable as one gets older. When you choose a rifle you’ll have to give us a report on your thoughts.

No Sturmgewehr?
    It’s not hard to pronounce its common shortened name, STG 44.

Rupp's Runt

That would eliminate a lot of Russian models. But you may only be talking about rifles.

Rupp's Runt

I’ve been doing some reading about the 6.5 Creedmoor.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/5-things...or-whitetails/

I am intrigued by this round as a replacement of my .30-‘06 as a deer hunting round. A flatter shooting round with less recoil becomes more desirable as one gets older. When you choose a rifle you’ll have to give us a report on your thoughts.
    Exactly why I'm looking at it. Read nothing bad about it. Accurate and flat. Limited recoil. Considered to be an improved 308. I've not never shot either so...

I only have 7.62 and 223. So I want one rifle that will reach out to 300 yards with some knock down power.

I'm 40, far from being older (in my mind at least lol). But my shoulder and really my entire right arm has some nerve damage. All this talk about 12 gauge in this thread makes me hurt.

It will be a while before I get one. Probably fall or maybe even Christmas. But hopefully fall. Currently looking at the Tikka 3x lite or the Tikka CTR. I've watched a lot of YouTube lately on the 6.5 rounds and those seem to be the cream of the crop in my price range.

No Sturmgewehr?
    Huh?
    seeya
    dan