Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Coronavirus hits home

Coronavirus hits home

Just found out a cousin has tested positive hit the virus. He is 83 or so years old and has had other health issues, including, I believe, heart failure, so this is not at all good.

My grandma and I had dinner with him 3 or 4 weeks ago while eat in restaurants were still operating. . She is 85 years old, so it is a bit worrisome that she may have been exposed to it.

Re: Coronavirus hits home

God bless you all.

My Mom is 82 and lives with my sister and her son nearby. She has kidney disease but not to the point of dialysis. 35/40 percent last I heard.

My nephew is a now unemployed school custodian after being told he was the only one of three to be told to work. The others are paid at home.
    He had photos of multiple kids gathered together in nearly all school rooms, and gathered in groups in play rooms which were all the children of teachers and others. I've seen those.
    And so he decided he just could not continue as he is the man of their house. It came to a head for him as he cleaned a vomit soaked class garbage can.

Now the board claims he was only on contract until June (Been there almost a year) and must work on site until then. He also suffers from diagnosed kidney disease, so he quit and is contacting every level of government to get his case reviewed.

Thankfully my sister is full blown germaphobe and they are now self isolated.
    But the worry is there still.
    Last edited by kingcat; 03-29-2020 at 12:42 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

God bless all of you.

So sorry for your cousin and family, Flounder. Prayers for his recovery.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Wishing you God’s Blessings during this difficult time.

Prayers going up.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

God Bless you and your Family, Flounder. Hoping you and your Grandma have avoided exposure to the nasty bug.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Sorry to hear about the family, prayers!
    Very though time and still not sure it’s being taken as serious as it should.

Sorry Flounder.

With it being 3-4 weeks ago she and you should be OK as it's about a 2 week window. Hopefully that's as far as it got, and he'll get through it. It seems pretty random in how it impacts people, even higher risk people.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My cousin passed away last night. ☹️

So sorry flounder.

I'm sorry for your loss, Flounder. Prayers for you and his family.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Coronavirus hits home

So, so sorry for your loss, Flounder. Praying for you all.

Very sorry to hear. My prayers to you all.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I was scheduled to visit my folks in N. Carolina on Friday. Dad is 76 with heart dz. Were in Hawaii and started having issues so they flew back to the Mainland on the 23rd of this month to meet with his cardiologist. His appt is Thurs and he might need a pacemaker. Anyway, we cancelled due to the concern that we might infect him. we have to take the elderly into consideration. Despite the media claims otherwise, NOBODY wants anybody to die from this...and I mean NOBODY.

Finished reading the thread...Sorry to hear that Flounder. Prayers for your grandma too, that she did not get the virus and that she can cope with his passing.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Very sorry Flounder.
    Real Fan since 1958

Coronavirus hits home

Flounder, God bless you and your family through this terrible time. Yours is the first that has actually touched my life, through our KSR brotherhood/sisterhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Thanks for the kind words. This is so much different than just seeing press conferences and stories with numbers and facts and data.

But even sadder - I just learned that his son, daughter-in-law and grandson will not get to see the burial, because they are in quarantine for 10 more days and the funeral home cannot hold the body that long. I can’t imagine not having the chance to say goodbye.

So very sorry, Flounder. And, so sorry for the family to not be able to be there. Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Rupp's Runt

Sorry Flounder.

My mom is in a similar situation. Her brother passed away today. Heart attack. She wanted to be there when they took him off the ventilator, but cannot be...Not sure what Hopkinsville is doing for funerals so she may never see him again.

Sending my thoughts and condolences to you and your family Flounder. Just imagine all the thousands of families that lost loved ones in wars all over the world and those deceased soldiers were buried in remote graveyards or in other cases were laid to rest on the battlefield.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.