Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Prayers for Father Ray Dunmyer... In Shelby Baptist Hospital

Long-time priest at OLV where my kids went to school, and a great person. He visited with me and the kids I coached at many ballgames, always at the school plays, and just a wonderful human. A friend to all, regardless of religion, as well. Had been at St. Thomas in Montevallo the last few years.

He was resting at home after being diagnosed with Covid-19, and thought he would be ok and was going to ride out a 14-day quarantine. Began experiencing respiratory distress, called 911 and rushed to the hospital by ambulance.

Darryl, keep an eye on him for us. That's your hospital, I believe. He's a really good man.

I know Mick knows him. Monsignor replaced him at OLV, and we got one good man replacing another, but I know Fr. Ray pretty well. Saw him a few weeks ago when he returned for the funeral of Kelsi Hobbs' mother (the Samford volleyball player). I am scared for him. He's probably early 70s, but looks younger and was in good health.

EDIT... UPDATE... GOOD NEWS. already discharged from the hospital. Primarily dehydrated.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 03-25-2020 at 10:54 PM.