Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: PSA: Biden still a brainless oaf today

that's way up. He reported it was 120 million just a couple of months ago. Now over 200 million.

You'd think the traffic would at least be getting better if half the country was dead. Must only be killing people who don't drive.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

He sure seems like a strong leader.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    He sure seems like a strong leader.
    He says he can do a lot of push ups
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Is it me or do most Democrats not think for themselves nor do they want too!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Are people not seeing these memory gaffes? He is not competent.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Are people not seeing these memory gaffes? He is not competent.
    When asked whether the campaign was concerned about a debate night gaffe from the former vice president, the source defended Biden, saying that “the American people know this about him.”

“In fact, it makes him more relatable to them,” the source said, while adding that the campaign “does not see the debate as a very big inflection point in the race.”

"We see that as something only the media cares about but that voters don’t," the source added.

And former communications director for Pete Buttigieg’s presidential campaign, Lis Smith, shared a similar sentiment, saying that his gaffe-making is “part of his appeal.

Linkage
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 09-23-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Apparently Hillary isn't far behind Joe in the mental acuity department:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hil...ling-obamacare

says the fight over the SCOTUS seat is about health care. Uh, Hillary, hun, this fight over the SCOTUS seat is about the FIGHT OVER THE SCOTUS SEAT.

It's pretty much its own prize, the political gift that keeps on giving for decades in most cases. Health care is just one of the many things the court will influence, so no, it's not about health care. The stakes are much broader.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

She said have said this is what it meant to her....Agree it’s much broader in spectrum, but leave it to a politician to miss the forest for the trees.....

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Apparently Hillary isn't far behind Joe in the mental acuity department:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hil...ling-obamacare

says the fight over the SCOTUS seat is about health care. Uh, Hillary, hun, this fight over the SCOTUS seat is about the FIGHT OVER THE SCOTUS SEAT.

It's pretty much its own prize, the political gift that keeps on giving for decades in most cases. Health care is just one of the many things the court will influence, so no, it's not about health care. The stakes are much broader.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    She said have said this is what it meant to her....Agree it’s much broader in spectrum, but leave it to a politician to miss the forest for the trees.....
    She didn't word it too badly, but it just struck me as funny that she had to ascribe some kind of hidden motive to wanting to put a conservative justice on the bench.

It's like saying Trump wants to win re-election so he can build the wall. Well it's true he wants to, but he has much broader goals than that I'm sure.

it's not really wrong, it's just so odd.

She didn't word it too badly, but it just struck me as funny that she had to ascribe some kind of hidden motive to wanting to put a conservative justice on the bench.

It's like saying Trump wants to win re-election so he can build the wall. Well it's true he wants to, but he has much broader goals than that I'm sure.

it's not really wrong, it's just so odd.
    The Dems are having a flashback to 2018 and want to suddenly push healthcare as a campaign issue.

One thing I haven’t heard during this campaign cycle is Trump’s impeachment.....did they call ServePRO, like it never happened?.....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-say-otherwise

Apparently he "mis-remembered" about going to a black college. easy to mis-remember that sort of thing.

He managed to mis-remember while doing a speech at a black college in South carolina. That was convenient.

Good thing he doesn't outright lie a lot.

BTW, Schumer repeating the ACA talking point re the nomination, so this is a party talking point, trying to get people to care about the SCOTUS by simplifying it to "eliminate pre existing condition exclusion".

Potentially the longest thread in KSR history

Biden said he was a student at Delaware State University; school says otherwise

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-say-otherwise

Edit...did not see Chuck posted this already
    Last edited by Doc; 09-26-2020 at 06:52 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

BTW, Schumer repeating the ACA talking point re the nomination, so this is a party talking point, trying to get people to care about the SCOTUS by simplifying it to "eliminate pre existing condition exclusion".
    That’s why Pelosi was mad about the Trump Executive Order on pre existing conditions.

The Dems are trying to revive the healthcare issue, thinking it was what helped them take the House in 2018.

On the pledge thing, one might research a little better. He was not trying to recite the pledge verbatim, only making a point that was well stated whether you agree or not.

It was, and I quote ,a "personal interpretation of the moment, based on review of clips and Biden’s track record"

Here is the entire section of his speech it was cut from. As he is talking about Mr. Trump.

"Think about what he is saying — he is saying that if you live in states like Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, states with Democratic governors, you are not his problem, he has no obligation to you, he is not responsible for you as president, your family or you well-being. I don't see the presidency that way. I don't pledge allegiance to red states of America, or blue states of America, I pledge allegiance to the United States of America, one nation, indivisible, under God. For real. I'm running as a proud Democrat, but I'm not going to govern as a Democratic president: I'm going to govern as president."

I think everyone can agree this was misrepresented for it's negative effect. After all, it is pointed out here quite often that others do so.

The federalist made a little gaffe. They intentionally meant to deceive people however.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-27-2020 at 04:38 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

The Delaware State thing was ridiculous of him and I assume he figured he could skate by on it since, he had actually graduated from the Catholic school, Delaware. Certainly he knew the difference.

In other instances when lauding his education, he says in defense, when he gets testy with someone he may exaggerate at times. And that is a fair knock on the man in his younger years.

The debate will be as fun to watch as any in history.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-27-2020 at 04:39 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    The Delaware State thing was ridiculous of him and I assume he figured he could skate by on it since, he had actually graduated from the Catholic school, Delaware. Certainly he knew the difference.

In other instances when lauding his education, he says in defense, when he gets testy with someone he may exaggerate at times. And that is a fair knock on the man in his younger years.

The debate will be as fun to watch as any in history.
    He just lied. Just like he plagiarized, etc.

As for the pledge thing, what he said was awkward, even in context. I agree context there was really important, and he wasn't trying to recite the entire pledge, but it was still typically awkward biden. he can't say 3 sentences together without butchering the language.

I also agree the Federalist needed to provide full context. I'll agree they intentionally misrepresented it as long as we can agree the NYT and CNN Have done it about 10,000 times so far in 4 years. I'm against all of it, including by conservative sources. Honestly in the case of biden and Trump they both say enough to inflame the opposition, so I don't know why they even bother.

As for Biden, the list is endless of his "gaffes", some of which are just gross mis-statements, some of which are outright lies, and some of which are just bizarre images of a man who is completely out of touch, like challenging someone to a pushup contest. No need to make one up, he'll have one every couple of days they let him out without a teleprompter.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 09-27-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Tuesday will be very interesting to say the least

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-court-packing

“You know, that’s exactly what they want me to talk about so we don’t talk about how they’re violating the Constitution now,” Biden said. “I’m not going to play Trump’s game. Right now, my entire focus is seeing to it that the American people get a chance – the election has already started – to have their say on who the next Supreme Court justice is. And that’s what I’m focused on.”

Biden was then asked how Republicans are violating the Constitution.

“The Constitution says that the American people – I taught constitutional law for over 20 years – says the American people get an opportunity to choose who they want on the Supreme Court by who they pick as their senator and their president," said Biden, who began teaching classes at Widener University Delaware Law School in 1991.

What?

I'd chock a lot of his crap up to being a politician, but it makes so little sense I really think he's an idiot, and I've been right about him for 35 years.

Hell, as the article points out, the Constitution originally didn't even want The People to pick the Senate. The House was called "The People's House" by nickname b/c it was elected by the people, but it was state legislatures who ran the Senate, so as to not give into the whims of the mob and to insure state's rights.

And the people did pick this POTUS and Senate, and as Gingsberg herself said there's no lame duck exclusion in the Constitution for the powers of either entity.

In fact I know a number of people who only voted for Trump for just this reason, to pick justices. is it violating the Constitution just b/c conservative voters got the say in this round?

What an idiot. At least come up with an internally cogent position even if it is purely political.

He does speak cogent thoughts....after someone tells him in his ear piece what that thought is lol
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 10-01-2020 at 11:10 AM.

“The Constitution says that the American people – I taught constitutional law for over 20 years – says the American people get an opportunity to choose who they want on the Supreme Court by who they pick as their senator and their president," said Biden, who began teaching classes at Widener University Delaware Law School in 1991.

The degree from Widener is similar in worth to the one given out by UNC-CH for 30 years prior to 2018.
    seeya
    dan

Read that statement a few times. It's nearly gibberish.

Yes the People vote for POTUS and the Senate, but he manages to take that and make it meaningless.

Particularly in the context of the question, which is what exactly the GOP and Trump are doing that is in violation of the Constitution by putting forth a justice.

They were duly elected by the People, and are doing what the Constitution says they should do. there is nothing in the document about waiting near an election, or anything similar.

It's just farcical nonsense, and he does it nearly every day he talks, and has for a long time, and people dont' seem to care.

its fine when it's your goofy uncle who comes over for dinner, but not someone who will have actual power over our lives.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 10-01-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Creepy Joe is back.

While paying a visit on Monday to the Little Haiti Cultural Center, Biden closed his remarks by quipping to the crowd, "the good news is, for me, I'm here. The bad news for you is I'm coming back."

He then spotted a gathering of young girls to the side.

"And I want to see these beautiful young ladies- I want to see them dancing when they're four years older too," Biden pointed, sparking laughs from attendees.

Youtube Video

Another racist Biden comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZfbUsmeV0w

Yep, today was a two-fer.

I don't necessarily think his comment about the stocking of groceries is racist, but if Trump said it oh boy it would be so very racist in the view of the media.

The thing about the girls dancing in 4 years is just plain creepy pervert Joe.

Why would people NOT believe his rapist accuser? He's made numerous creepy comments over the years along with a lot of inappropriate touching and hair sniffing. If he was always this "aw shucks" guy OK, but he's not.

Now maybe he's "just" creepy, and Trump obviously has lots and lots of issues in this area, but the media is all over Trump's issues and give Joe a complete pass.

The nation cannot stand as free if the media are just a propaganda operation. It allows our officials to get away with the corruption and indifference and self-rewarding that will be our undoing.

He had a good speech at Gettysburg and really appealed to the sensitivities of the audience.

Did not take one Shot at President Trump but made mention of white supremacists, systemic racism, violence in the streets blamed on the previously mentioned supremacists and the KKK, without a single mention of Anitfa or BLM. He did mention 3 of the high profile blacks that lost their lives at the hands of law enforcement and the totally unfair treatment of blacks and other minorities by law enforcement and the courts.

He promised to be the president to bring the country together and increase the financial fairness of the economy.

He promised to do a lot of things, but never got down in the weeds and told us how he was going to turn water into wine.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 10-06-2020 at 08:42 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Hes' great on promises, but anyone promising to unite this country is full of crap.

if they win the senate and end the filibuster it will be the end of anything that can approach uniting the country.

PSA: Biden still a brainless oaf today

I think it merits mentioning that the title of this thread has been accurate ever single day since it was started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire