Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 Football Season?

Re: 2020 Football Season?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    You can't make things and distribute things if we all stay at home. You can't.

Car makers are shut down. Why? B/c you can't make cars by telecommunting.

No we can't let people die from this, but we can't let them die in soup lines either. Easter is just crazy, dumb optimistic, but those worried about the economy aren't wrong. We can't sustain this forever.

What we will do is target better. Testing, statistics, and yes levels of distancing that don't rise to "stay at home". We'll find solutions, but it won't be just throwing up our hands and holing up till winter.

Either that or I'll be really glad my gun and ammo supply is topped off. Think Walking Dead without the zombies.
    Your reply is not representative of my opinion. I agree with you in what we will do.

I'm not calling for a "stay at home" through winter. I'm calling for listening to the experts and doing what needs to be done to shift the economy to tread water as to not collapse. This whole notion of setting an artificial timeline or just forget about social distancing to turn the economy around is insane.

I am all for relaxing social distancing for groups of people that meet certain criteria at the right time, but I'm also realistic in assuming that such things as large gatherings, it may be 4-6 months for a return to normalcy.

I'm also not saying that we shouldn't worry about the economy, but there are options to make it a softer landing that will allow for a swift recovery. Prematurely sending the country back to business as usual only to have to do a second major "stay at home" will be extremely detrimental. I worry about that.

Finally, what I worry about are people that are not listening to the facts and creating their own.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    Agree 1000%. One example. They shut down Actdive Day Care in KY. Mentally challenged and ill folks are brought during the day to a center where they are fed and their critical medicines are managed. Now they have been ordered closed. These folks have now just been left at home with ZERO support and ZERO follow up as to how they are doing. If someone thinks that won't result in deaths they are stupid. I am for common sense measures but KY now has a hot line where you can INFORM the government on who is not social distancing. Sounds a little like North Korea to me. The violation of the arbitrary taking of property protected by the 5th Amendment by Beshears is ming boggling. You close a florist but leave a liquor stores open and you justify that exactly how??

LakeCat, I literally have 35 group homes of the population you just described. about 25 living there are high risk health issues around COVID. We have stopped all family visits and home visits, all community outings. We now have 200 high acuity and high behaviour individuals stuck in 4 BR group homes. and what I cannot control...is the staff that goes off shift and goes home and interacts with their family, who may have been in community. These are amazing dedicated staff. Not medical professionals but amazing caring and trained people. But we know it is very likely one at some point will bring back the virus to one of our homes. Just simple stats tell me that.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    You have skewed the stats. If you want to look at Italy, here are two important things that will be happening in the US in the coming days, a 45% death rate for closed cases and the reality that there are not enough resources to effectively treat those that have the virus. Doctors are making decisions on who can live and who will die. Is that what you find acceptable in the US?

Also, NY alone will pass Italy in the next week or two. We should be focusing on what is NOT being done here to address what we WILL face.

Finally, you don't know what the cost to the economy will be. I completely disregard that we cannot have a functioning economy while limiting social interactions. We are the greatest nation on earth but now somehow are capable of adapting through challenging times?

To stay on topic, though, until there is very little risk, you want unpaid student-athletes subjecting themselves to risks just to please you?

Let me ask you another question, with such shortage of resources to treat the virus, if you were to catch it by getting back to normal, are you going to refuse the resources for your treatment in lieu of someone that did practice the expert guidelines?

Also, let's just assume that the federal guidelines are relaxed, have you factored in the cost in your fuzzy math for the portion of the US that will follow state guidelines or simply just practice common sense measures?
    Where were my numbers wrong . Point it out. My stats came directly from the latest released on Italy as of today. At a period where Italy is roughly 4 weeks in. Tell me exactly where I skewed the numbers. How the hell did you get to 45%?

Let me ask this differently. Do you deny that in Europe only 17% of those infected require treatment beyond home care?

Of that 17% do you deniy that roughly 25% have died? And of that 25% all had co-morbid health risks and were over age 55 except 1 who had lukemia?
    I freely admit that data is 2 days old but do not think it has morphed that much.

So again, where have I skewed the numbers?

As for cost to economy, that may be easier to calculate in the end. What does 2.3MM new unemployed cost? In one week?
    Last edited by VirginiaCat; 03-24-2020 at 07:57 PM.

I don’t want us to get in a fight on here.. i think all make valid points. We need a lot of prayer and patience. It has been some extremely tough conversations with folks. There are businesses 70 years old, that will not be able recover from this... we will get through this, but what it looks like on the other side, its scary is all I can say..

I think we should have a separate carina iris board and leave sport talk here. I know that would be some mixing, but this thread is not a sports discussion any more

2020 Football Season?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I think we should have a separate carina iris board and leave sport talk here. I know that would be some mixing, but this thread is not a sports discussion any more
    Agreed. I struggled getting to sleep last night after wanting to read a relaxing sports thread here.

Certainly was legitimate to start the thread asking the question, and nobody's fault, but it migrated.

I don't know whether it's Barber Shop or Front Porch, and in doubt, I lean toward the former.

Let's move it there.

Putting this here either just before or the thread gets moved, but this U of L researcher projects Kentucky won't hit the peak number of confirmed cases until August 20.

Also projects at that time there will be 635,000 confirmed cases in Kentucky.

https://wfpl.org/how-this-u-of-l-res...s-in-kentucky/

If this thing continues to increase through late August as the article states, I don't see how you can start football practice or any large group event.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Deleted my posts because I didn’t want it out in the general public. Can you delete where I was quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    Deleted my posts because I didn’t want it out in the general public. Can you delete where I was quoted?
    Think I got them but if I missed something PM me or another mod.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    I wouldn't worry. I have a good source for the Kentucky data and they're as far out as any you cited, and that data is out there everywhere.

We'll be lucky if this is anywhere near behind us in 60 or 90 days.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

2020 Football Season?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I have never seen a flower lover with the DTs nor with a gun in their had to rob the flower store so they can get their fix
    For my semi serious comment...I work with a lady that might prove you to be wrong. She really likes flowers

My more serious comment...I have hope and faith we will get through this much quicker than anyone believes.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    I don’t want us to get in a fight on here.. i think all make valid points. We need a lot of prayer and patience. It has been some extremely tough conversations with folks. There are businesses 70 years old, that will not be able recover from this... we will get through this, but what it looks like on the other side, its scary is all I can say..

hey, I agree. I apologize to all for being argumentative. THat was not my intent and on a message board the typed text does not convey emotion or lack thereof.

We all have skin in this game. In some way or another. But I will say this, if the St. Louis Fed Reserve Pres is correct and Unemployment will be 30% and GDP cut 50% then that is a medicine I do not feel our country can take. Just a personal opinion.