Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Any Preppers?

Rupp's Runt

Any Preppers?

I'm not one but thinking I should probably start doing more. I normally keep enough food to last a couple of weeks. Such as some canned food, couple of frozen loaves of bread, peanut butter, couple of frozen food things. Not enough to eat what I want or well, but enough to not go hungry.

I'm a cattle farmer and always have some ammo. Not much really, but currently 500-700 rounds of 223, 7.62x39, and 9mm. Total rounds, not of each caliber.

At minimum, I need to get a deepfreeze again.

Re: Any Preppers?

Don't go to the supermarket looking for any Spam. I think I managed to intercept all the truck loads coming into KY. Don't need a freezer or even electricity for Spam.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Killing a cow before I start hoarding Spam lol

Fab Five

Serious discussion at dinner tonight with daughter and SIL. What I fixed was what was available in the stores. You find a way to live with what is available. It doesn't mean you can't come up with a great meal. I find it to be a challenge. The only meat at publix were beef shanks and some fairly expensive brisket. Braised beef shanks with Polenta went a long way. Matter of fact it was one of my better meals. My guess is it made a better meal than one made by the folks who made a run on steaks or ground beef. Economically, it was better than either.
    Real Fan since 1958

I'm short on lawyers, not great on money, doing just fine on guns. That's the checklist isn't it?

Of course this won't come to that, but never hurts to stay prepared. May have to dig a latrine in the backyard if the toilet paper continues to run low though. At least the weather is warmer. Nothing worse than an outhouse in winter.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Nothing worse than an outhouse in winter.
    An outhouse in summer when it is full of flies and stinks to high heaven
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

We definitely aren’t preppers, but right now the preppers are looking pretty smart.

We’ve tried to keep about a month or so worth of food on hand, canned vegetables, fruits, other canned stuff we eat and like such as Hormel chili, Dinty Moore beef stew, frozen items (mostly meats), etc. From the looks of the grocery shelves we might need to start thinking more long term in food storage.

After seeing the run on stuff I’m thinking we might not be keeping enough on hand, and there are some other items we probably need to begin keeping in greater quantity. Ammo may be one of those. At Rural King last week they had a great sale on cheap 5.56, $3.99/box. I asked the guy at the gun barn counter if he had any more, and he pulls out a box and said it was his last case. I grabbed a couple of 20 round boxes and told him I’d just take two so other guys would have a chance to buy some. He said he wished others had been like that, evidently some people had been cleaning them out of certain calibers and brands.

Another item evidently is TP. My daughter went to Sam’s about a week or ten days before the TP run started, and I had her pick us up one of those big 45 roll packs, so we sat back and watched the panic.