Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Max von Sydow dies at 90

Max von Sydow dies at 90

Love his work, he was in so many cool films. The article I saw listed a bunch of stuff, but didn't mention his role as Doctor Kynes in Dune (the de Laurentiis version) and my favorite as Ming the Merciless in the very iffy 80s film Flash Gordon.

That film was interesting in many ways, not least of which is much of the lead actor's lines were apparently dubbed. that guy had lots of issues, ended up leaving the film, etc. Just crazy.

But obviously de Laurentiis (sp) liked von Sydow. Had him in other things too, but he was great as Ming in a very campy film.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Max von Sydow dies at 90

Oh, and as King Osric the Usurper in Conan the Barbarian. Can you tell what kind of movies I watch?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

First thing I remember seeing him in was The Seventh Seal. But he was a very busy character actor for a number of years. The original Judge Dredd with Sly Stallone is a guilty pleasure of mine--he was good in that. Also in The Exorcist movies, Hannah And Her Sisters, etc. RIP
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Oh, and as King Osric the Usurper in Conan the Barbarian. Can you tell what kind of movies I watch?
    von Sydow was excellent in the first Conan the Barbarian. Although his role was actually small, it helped set the tone for the rest of the movie.
    He was also very good in the Exorcist.
    Everything I remember seeing him in was good.