Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Looking at everything through a political lens

Looking at everything through a political lens

Garth Brooks, an Oklahoma State alum and fan, is photographed wearing a Detroit Lions Barry Sanders (OSU great) jersey. (Apparently the photograph was taken at Ford Field, in Detroit, no less.)

Twitter people lose their minds.

Capture 2-28-20.jpg

Capture 2-28-20 (2).jpg

https://twitter.com/jasoncvincent/st...51700585926656
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-28-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Looking at everything through a political lens

It is sad. Brainwashed

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I'd argue not so much brainwashed as simply dumb and reactionary and, mostly, tribal.

People don't like hearing things that contradict their worldview. Confirmation bias is strong, and as we become more tribal in politics we see more reactions.

But, it should be noted this was a social media reaction, and frankly things like twitter are just chocked full of morons with short attention spans.

It's like the history of this board. KSR was created in part in response to the cesspool of discussion that started on sports in the 1990s, the very first social media. It was immediately obvious a discussion forum needed moderators and rules or it would be overrun by mouth breathing morons who need to vent their spleens.

Well, KSR is well run, moderated, and thus attracts a group of people who behave reasonably well, like we were in a room talking versus anonymous spewing.

But twitter doesn't have moderators or many rules, so it's dominated by morons.

It's a very biased sample of the population though, so we need to take it with some salt. Not all Americans are so foolish or quick to judge people. It just looks that way.

The troubling part for me is that the mainstream media and politicians and Hollywood types etc. all seem to pick up that ball and run with it, despite the fact that the ball was put there by idiots.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It happens across the board nd both political ideologies.

But my example would be Rush. This is exactly the sort of thing he would pounce on if given the chance even knowing it to be false. I stopped listening to anything he says at a point back when I actually supported him, for false claims and outright lies. And a man like that who has, along with others across the political spectrum, done as much or more to damage this country’s values, than any one within our borders..and was given our highest civilian honor for doing so.
    That made me ashamed for this generation

Luckily Garth had the clout and wherewithal to shed light on the truth.
    Last edited by kingcat; 02-28-2020 at 01:14 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

And in response to that I’d put many of the hosts on MSNBC who have followed down every negative political rabbit hole....and still do till they find one that sinks the current administration.
    At the end of the day, the 2 polarized sides have to get enough common ground to legislate. The upcoming election is going to fix a lot of this in my mind. It’s not only me that is tired of all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    It happens across the board nd both political ideologies.

But my example would be Rush. This is exactly the sort of thing he would pounce on if given the chance even knowing it to be false. I stopped listening to anything he says at a point back when I actually supported him, for false claims and outright lies. And a man like that who has, along with others across the political spectrum, done as much or more to damage this country’s values, than any one within our borders..and was given our highest civilian honor for doing so.
    That made me ashamed for this generation

Luckily Garth had the clout and wherewithal to shed light on the truth.

People want to be offended. They look to be offended. Seek and ye shall find
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.