Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Flashlights, flashlights, flashlights

Ran across this article/post, which was linked in something else I was reading, and super impressed with this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/...inter_solstice

Bombino

Re: Flashlights, flashlights, flashlights

This is one of the things Reddit is great at: HIGHLY knowledgeable and welcoming sub-reddits about highly niche topics.

The list is VERY well done and from what I know about the topic VERY accurate. Flashlights have exploded in performance and quality in recent years, far eclipsing old-school flashlights like Maglite. Part of this is driven by the HUGE advancements in LEDs; LEDs are far far more efficient than they were 3-5 years ago, having far higher output than ever before with some chips being brighter than a car headlight, and their color rendering quality (CRI, R9a, etc.) is NIGHT AND DAY better. Not only that, but the proliferation of chip designs and sizes has allowed for a diversity of beam patterns and styles that was not previously an option. This is most obvious in headlamps which have the ability to produce a targeted beam, a flood like beam, and a number of other options in between. At this point, using a traditional bulb flashlight is almost foolish because a $10 flashlight like the Nightcore Tube (mentioned in your link, I own one) is easily better than most incandescent bulb flashlights and it is the size of a keychain.

These advancements extend into home lighting as well, though at a much slower pace. While most standard commercial bulbs are still rubbish, well performing LED options can be found.

This is my favorite flashlight forum. I have bought a few of the custom made units from them and have always been satisfied.

Here is the link to the home page

This is a page for techno geeks

Custom designed and made lights made and sold for forum members only, registration is free
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

This reminds me I need to read up on commercial LED lighting for the warehouse part of the gallery. I found some that were a great price and good reviews, except for the one where the guy put a meter on it and found voltage running on the casing. lol.

I need about a billion 8' or 4' lights, so price and brightness are a big deal on that one.

I need to check out the flashlights though too, b/c I do need a good one. I love my phone but it's not as bright as my old one and I could use a good one to have in the car.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

CBBN do you have a shot of the style fixture and wattage you are looking for? I think the discount point I have is just a little less than a billion.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

lol. I just need to cover about 27-29K sqft with LED lights and get down the decades old florescent lights. I'll pull up a count but it's a bunch. I've looked at 4' and 8' shop light type designs and either is fine, but 8' obviously is a little less wiring.

It's hard to say how many lumens I need compared to what I have b/c it's hard to say what I have. The old lights are failing so most of them are dead but the ballasts continue to pull power.

I'll do some math and get back to you on how many exactly. At this point I was just going to look around to see what was out there but I'll get some harder numbers.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Reddit is a great place to discuss anything.
    Last edited by MaryLReese; 12-20-2022 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    lol. I just need to cover about 27-29K sqft with LED lights and get down the decades old florescent lights. I'll pull up a count but it's a bunch. I've looked at 4' and 8' shop light type designs and either is fine, but 8' obviously is a little less wiring.

It's hard to say how many lumens I need compared to what I have b/c it's hard to say what I have. The old lights are failing so most of them are dead but the ballasts continue to pull power.

I'll do some math and get back to you on how many exactly. At this point I was just going to look around to see what was out there but I'll get some harder numbers.
    Chuck, I have a link with a company called Budderfly who will pay to redo the wiring in your facility and absorb all capital cost up front for a share of the savings on the bill. If you want a contact, let me know, it will also help my charity through donation.

We have done this in all 5 of our major facilitys (not our group homes) that range in size of 20000Sq ft to 50,000 Sq Ft and we are seeing savings in our bills well after the Budderfly split. The also looked at and replaced some of our HVAC under the same plan.