Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Bombino

Coronavirus

Some good news, biotech mega-company ThermoFisher just got emergency approval of their Coronavirus test kit. This is great news because this will provide millions of very needed tests. Full-disclosure I used to work for a company which is now part of ThermoFisher (not this division though).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN21101S

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-15-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Re: Coronavirus

Some good news!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

US up to 10.3 cases per million in population. Death rate in US is now 63 in 3400 cases or 0.00185 for the case group.

Food Network food nerd with a new video on handwashing:

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

OMB orders telework for all feds that can perform their duties.

Scary time for us all. Father locked down in rehab facility. Stepdad sick. Unsure of his symptoms.

Lord save us. All of you in my prayers.

Kentucky to close bars, restaurants amid pandemic

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced Monday morning that he is working on an executive order to close the state's bars and restaurants to in-person traffic by 5 p.m. Monday, March 16, in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.

Carry-out and delivery options will still be available, he said, adding that it's our "patriotic duty" to order from restaurants during this time.

"It's going to have a major impact on workers," Beshear said, noting that the state will reduce the amount of time it takes to file for unemployment. "I want them to know that we understand, but we will get through this and we will all bounce back.

We will rebuild what has to be rebuilt. We are a resilient people, we prove it time and time again."

Many restaurants are already offering delivery and curbside pick-up options.

I have reached out to a number of restaurant owners this morning to see how this will affect their business. This story will be updated.

https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvil...-pandemic.html
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

This chart is just plain scary. For anyone that doesn’t understand how serious this is:

https://twitter.com/mwgjerde/status/...747817984?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    This chart is just plain scary. For anyone that doesn’t understand how serious this is:

https://twitter.com/mwgjerde/status/...747817984?s=21
    Well we’re doing better than Italy; confirmed cases aren’t quite doubling every two days but it’s still not good. And then there’s the undiagnosed cases out there

I’m face to face with hundreds of people every day (Amazon) and just waiting for someone to test positive and they shut us down for two weeks.

I think the measures we have taken will show good results. We have more open space than most countries.
    And are still a nation that values cleanliness.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I think the measures we have taken will show good results. We have more open space than most countries.
    And are still a nation that values cleanliness.
    Yes. As long as people will take this seriously for the next two weeks we can really slow it down. Its going to be a very long April.
    ~Puma~

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Definitely a long April.

Idris Elba has tested positive:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1239622494421573632

Stringer Bell is too bad for this virus to get him down. Maybe Brother Mouzone and Omar, but not Covid-19.

A little bit of good news:

Military Travel Restrictions Eased in South Korea as Virus Cases Drop

Aggressive measures adopted by the U.S. military in South Korea, in close cooperation with the Seoul government, appear to have gained the upper hand against the novel coronavirus on the peninsula, U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) reported Monday.
    The U.S. Army Garrison near Daegu, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak in South Korea, said on Twitter, "We are winning!"

Hundreds of cases of coronavirus infection were reported last week in southeastern Daegu, a city of about 2.5 million, but just 35 on Monday, according to the garrison.
    Elsewhere in South Korea, travel restrictions for the military are being eased and personnel ordered to stay at home off base are being told to check with their commands on when to report to work.
    https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ases-drop.html

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    US up to 10.3 cases per million in population. Death rate in US is now 63 in 3400 cases or 0.00185 for the case group.
    US cases now up to 14.2/million population. 91 deaths in 4708 cases (1.93% for the case group).

I really shouldn't look at this before going to bed.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 03-16-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Some good news, biotech mega-company ThermoFisher just got emergency approval of their Coronavirus test kit. This is great news because this will provide millions of very needed tests. Full-disclosure I used to work for a company which is now part of ThermoFisher (not this division though).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN21101S

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    Pedro. I've been more interested in the testing delays than anything else. That's real. That's substantive, not speculation.

Found some interesting reads that seem fairly well sourced:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...19-testing-usa

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/10/...virus-testing/

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...ty-diagnostics

Not to sound like I'm defending Trump, as the FDA is part of the Administration and he could potentially overrule some things in advance of this debacle, but it sounds mostly like slow moving bureaucracy and shortage of supplies are the biggest issues.

You talked about the FDA. yes they are experts at picking things apart, being very detailed. Unfortunately it reminds me of that scene in the movie "Zulu Dawn" where the supply officer was obsessed with counting the ammunition as it was handed out despite the men being out of ammo and the zulus coming down on them.

Each of these test kits being made has to be approved, and it sounds like that wasn't every efficiently done. LIkewise it sounds like the CDC screwed the pooch on the first rollout and never really got on track.

No doubt it's an extremely serious problem, but it sounds like our government just isn't structured for such things, and that's no surprise. My hope is that frankly we don't make the same mistake with testing the vaccine. Testing 45 people and waiting months and then more tests and a year or 18 months of being absolutely sure it has no side effects may not be the most life saving strategy.

This is a war footing. Sometimes you send materials and weapons and even drugs to the front lines knowing it may not go completely as planned but with few other choices as the enemy is closing in on you.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Yes. As long as people will take this seriously for the next two weeks we can really slow it down. Its going to be a very long April.
    Just shut down our gallery auctions, have enough food, guns and ammo to last far longer.

If nothing else I think people are taking it seriously enough at this point. Not sure what to do about going out one on one for appraisal work etc. in people's homes, but it does seem public gatherings are going to be about nil.

If testing can come on line in the next 2-3 weeks we may see the end of this at some point, but the vaccine is the only way to really shut it down IMO.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Pedro. I've been more interested in the testing delays than anything else. That's real. That's substantive, not speculation.

Found some interesting reads that seem fairly well sourced:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...19-testing-usa

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/10/...virus-testing/

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...ty-diagnostics

Not to sound like I'm defending Trump, as the FDA is part of the Administration and he could potentially overrule some things in advance of this debacle, but it sounds mostly like slow moving bureaucracy and shortage of supplies are the biggest issues.

You talked about the FDA. yes they are experts at picking things apart, being very detailed. Unfortunately it reminds me of that scene in the movie "Zulu Dawn" where the supply officer was obsessed with counting the ammunition as it was handed out despite the men being out of ammo and the zulus coming down on them.

Each of these test kits being made has to be approved, and it sounds like that wasn't every efficiently done. LIkewise it sounds like the CDC screwed the pooch on the first rollout and never really got on track.

No doubt it's an extremely serious problem, but it sounds like our government just isn't structured for such things, and that's no surprise. My hope is that frankly we don't make the same mistake with testing the vaccine. Testing 45 people and waiting months and then more tests and a year or 18 months of being absolutely sure it has no side effects may not be the most life saving strategy.

This is a war footing. Sometimes you send materials and weapons and even drugs to the front lines knowing it may not go completely as planned but with few other choices as the enemy is closing in on you.
    For me the testing issue comes down to a few things. Sure, I wish there were more test. No question...but there isn't.

Reasons: LINK

Part of that is likely FDA regulation. Initially there were no private manufactures however that restriction has been removed. Which is basically 1-3 in the reasons linked. Of course link 4 blames Trump however while some should fall that way, as much if not more falls on Congress. the first known case was identified in Nov 2019. Soon after that Congress should have been addressing, however they had other more pressing matters on their plate. November, December and Jan were all wasted months as far as getting anything done in congress. They could have been working on cutting red tape for tests, getting funding, etc.... but they were to busy with their "other" agenda. Trumps attitude had zero to do with test production and availability. Blame him for stuff he is culpable for, not stuff out of his control. I said the same about Obama when the GOP blamed him for the inability to control the Deepwater Horizon oil leak in the gulf, so its not a partisan thing with me.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I’m going to the “50% off guns and ammo” sale at the local dealer down the street!

Just shut down our gallery auctions, have enough food, guns and ammo to last far longer.

If nothing else I think people are taking it seriously enough at this point. Not sure what to do about going out one on one for appraisal work etc. in people's homes, but it does seem public gatherings are going to be about nil.

If testing can come on line in the next 2-3 weeks we may see the end of this at some point, but the vaccine is the only way to really shut it down IMO.
    I agree. Really does seem everyone is taking this serious now.
    Presidents team is doing a much better job now. He seems to be leaning on Dr. Fauci a lot and that is a great thing.
    I loved Trump’s answer on the UK model vs what we are doing. “Everything else will come back. Jobs. Economy. Stock market. But we are saving lives. You can’t get lives back”.
    Terrific answer.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    US cases now up to 14.2/million population. 91 deaths in 4708 cases (1.93% for the case group).

I really shouldn't look at this before going to bed.
    Make that 17.2/million, and 97 deaths in 5696 cases (1.70%)

If there's any good news, it's that of the total active cases in the U.S., only 12 are listed as serious or critical:

Capture 3-17-20.jpg

I suspect our # of cases are going to look like Western Europe once all is said and done.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Make that 17.2/million, and 97 deaths in 5696 cases (1.70%)

If there's any good news, it's that of the total active cases in the U.S., only 12 are listed as serious or critical:

Capture 3-17-20.jpg

China quit reporting their stats?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I believe so. They’ve been static for a while. I’m not sure they were ever accurate as they control the media.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    China quit reporting their stats?

Follow up to my point by Dr. Fauci:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fau...ault-cdc-trump

The fault was in having rules and regs that definitely promote safety and accuracy but that also take lots of time to process and aren't designed for fast responses, much less the ultrafast response needed in this case. Think FDA.

Same thing will happen with the vaccine if we don't cut some corners. That sounds harsh, but South Korea built all those kits by just opening it up to anyone who could make them without 6 months of board reviews. The only way to get a vaccine in less than 18 months is to test larger sample sizes IMO, which entails more risks to more people, but may be worth the risks in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I believe so. They’ve been static for a while. I’m not sure they were ever accurate as they control the media.
    They've been a lie from day one. How much of one we will never know, but the state media has no interest in accuracy whatsoever. It would be like trusting Pravda during a Soviet food shortage or believing the North Korean broadcasts that people are well fed and happy.

Doctors who spoke out got disappeared. So did a billionaire who called out the response. The Chinese show up and take not just you but potentially your whole family, and you end up dead or in a camp. And some of their camps specialize in non-voluntary organ extractions, so you may prefer a bullet before it's over.

None of that is an exaggeration. It's well documented. There is absolutely no basis to trust anything they say. It may be the truth but if it is it's only b/c that serves the interests of the Party in their view. It's coincidence only.

Whatever anyone thinks of Trump surely we can all agree that letting this nation provide us with our drugs, rare earth minerals and just about everything else is an extremely BAD idea, and maybe we can even all agree that we are being sold down the river by our own corporations and politicians who are more interested in their global profits than in protecting America. They don't give a crap what happens to us as they have their investments all over the globe. As long as the overall is going up, doesn't matter if ours is going down to help others.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 03-17-2020 at 10:36 PM.

They've been a lie from day one. How much of one we will never know, but the state media has no interest in accuracy whatsoever. It would be like trusting Pravda during a Soviet food shortage or believing the North Korean broadcasts that people are well fed and happy.

Doctors who spoke out got disappeared. So did a billionaire who called out the response. The Chinese show up and take not just you but potentially your whole family, and you end up dead or in a camp. And some of their camps specialize in non-voluntary organ extractions, so you may prefer a bullet before it's over.

None of that is an exaggeration. It's well documented. There is absolutely no basis to trust anything they say. It may be the truth but if it is it's only b/c that serves the interests of the Party in their view. It's coincidence only.

Whatever anyone thinks of Trump surely we can all agree that letting this nation provide us with our drugs, rare earth minerals and just about everything else is an extremely BAD idea, and maybe we can even all agree that we are being sold down the river by our own corporations and politicians who are more interested in their global profits than in protecting America. They don't give a crap what happens to us as they have their investments all over the globe. As long as the overall is going up, doesn't matter if ours is going down to help others.
    The trustworthy Chinese say there's no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission:

Capture 3-18-20.jpg

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152

There. All settled.

Looking at the latest data, Italy numbers are sobering:

--475 new deaths in the last day;
    --2257 serious or critical cases, 8% of total (for comparison, USA total is 12, or 0.16% of total)
    --CFR of 8.3% (2978 deaths out of 35713 total cases).

I appreciate them proving to the the world on JAN 14 that they are pathological liars.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Italy is to 591 cases per million.....