Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Re: Coronavirus

Taking a picture down a beach with a long lens to make it appear crowded is just deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If I go to a beach and cant get 6 feet space around me, I am leaving, and that was before coronavirus
    Exactly. No one wants to be closer than that. Plus, out here, the smell of weed is too strong to be closer than that for most people.

Typically when I slip on my beach thong, most folks give me plenty of room
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Typically when I slip on my beach thong, most folks give me plenty of room
    Haha. Will never get that image out of my head. No wonder you like “red stripe”.

Fab Five

The Bishop of the Diocese of Birmingham issued guidelines for outdoor masses Tuesday at churches with parishes that have large parking lots. Holy Eucharist may be given to the faithful following safety guidelines. I’m sure this will give a firm nudge to Ma Ivey to loosen restrictions on churches in alaBama. Already a number of County Sheriffs have stated they will not enforce the governors orders.
    Real Fan since 1958

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Mick I could not find your
    “I need a bookcase behind me”
    Post. But my bookcase on TV or internet would get me in trouble, too many controversial titles for someone to be offended by.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Mick I could not find your
    “I need a bookcase behind me”
    Post. But my bookcase on TV or internet would get me in trouble, too many controversial titles for someone to be offended by.
    Copies of the Constitution, Wealth of Nations, Locke's Second Treatise on Government? Orwell?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

This appears accurate, and if so means Cuomo is in fact responsible for a deadly serious error in handling this virus:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/05/this-n...cuomo-goodwin/

Apparently the Governor's office issued an edict that nursing homes could not refuse any patient for having Covid19. He forced them to be accepted into those very high risk environments.

The killer fifth paragraph still reads: “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to *admission or readmission.”

Owners and managers said Tuesday they are not aware of any loosening of the policy. They also say that hospitals still are referring infected patients to them on a near-daily basis and they are expected to take them if they have an empty bed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Heh, well that, and romance fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This appears accurate, and if so means Cuomo is in fact responsible for a deadly serious error in handling this virus:

Apparently the Governor's office issued an edict that nursing homes could not refuse any patient for having Covid19. He forced them to be accepted into those very high risk environments.

The killer fifth paragraph still reads: “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NHs are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to *admission or readmission.”

Owners and managers said Tuesday they are not aware of any loosening of the policy. They also say that hospitals still are referring infected patients to them on a near-daily basis and they are expected to take them if they have an empty bed.
    Gee whiz, what do you think he was smoking when he made that decision? I wonder if his legal council works by the hour or by the case
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Gee whiz, what do you think he was smoking when he made that decision? I wonder if his legal council works by the hour or by the case
    It's a stunningly incompetent move, and it's a black letter thing so it must be accurate.

Imagine the level of outrage if that order had come from Trump. There would be another impeachment, if not an outright coup.

Just remember, he’s one of the chosen ones if Gaff Machine Biden isn’t a go.....
    It's a stunningly incompetent move, and it's a black letter thing so it must be accurate.

Imagine the level of outrage if that order had come from Trump. There would be another impeachment, if not an outright coup.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Just remember, he’s one of the chosen ones if Gaff Machine Biden isn’t a go.....
    Why do you think these stories are getting out there? Same with Newsom.

I'll just say this...Republicans better hope Biden makes it to November because he's got a lot of weaknesses imo. Cuomo or a slew of others would be much more difficult opponents.
    ~Puma~

It’s out there because it’s an incredibly stupid decision made by Cuomo, but since he’s good with his words it made it past the media....
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post

I'll just say this...Republicans better hope Biden makes it to November because he's got a lot of weaknesses imo. Cuomo or a slew of others would be much more difficult opponents.

What is sad is that NYC had the USS Comfort and the Javits center set up and ready to go but virtually not utilized. Shoild have sent them there, isolated and treated.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

What is sad is that NYC had the USS Comfort and the Javits center set up and ready to go but virtually not utilized. Shoild have sent them there, isolated and treated.
    Politics. That would have meant the President helped

Politics. That would have meant the President helped
    Much better that some old people die.....

Still waiting for the outrage, and expect to wait a long long time

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post

B/c the New York Post reports on New York and they just upped the death count by 1,700 in one day which may spur some questions. That would be my first guess.

Seriously, this one isn't national politics. This was asked of him 2 weeks ago, and it was the AP who asked about it this week when the count soared. Nursing homes have reached out on this issue to reporters to try to get some change, to no avail.

Now, why did Fox pick up on it? OK sure that may be national politics some, but Cuomo has put himself out there in that scale, and Goodwin is a long time Fox contributor.

They run a lot of his Bloomberg and now De Blasio stories too.

And on Cuomo et al, I tend to agree. I think Biden is a very flawed candidate. He may win on a simple Trump referrendum, but right now that's all we've got for the election. He doesn't bring anything to the table other than not being a radical and not being Trump.

How both parties have ended up in these situations election after election I do not know. I get that Hillary had a stranglehold on big money donors so she got the nod, and Obama was a golden boy, but this election the DNC had a maiden race as their Kentucky Derby, and the GOP had the same in the last election.

Much better that some old people die.....

Still waiting for the outrage, and expect to wait a long long time
    Imagine if this order came from Trump. OMG imagine the meltdown.

Not only would the Dems be screaming impeachment, but I think most of the GOP would abandon him and join them in order to save themselves from something this dumb and politically suicidal.

I really don't know if his Presidency could survive such a thing, and it's not even getting coverage for Cuomo.

Same for Hillary and the emails etc. of course though too, or Benghazi. Benghazi would be like Reagan's Iran/Contra situation if this were Trump.

Imagine if this order came from Trump. OMG imagine the meltdown.

Not only would the Dems be screaming impeachment, but I think most of the GOP would abandon him and join them in order to save themselves from something this dumb and politically suicidal.

I really don't know if his Presidency could survive such a thing, and it's not even getting coverage for Cuomo.

Same for Hillary and the emails etc. of course though too, or Benghazi. Benghazi would be like Reagan's Iran/Contra situation if this were Trump.

If Trump did that, I would be critical to the point that I would have a hard time voting. Would likely just stay home in November and cry because it would be a choice between a moron and an idiot.

Distrust and dislike of an incompetent and highly partisan press is another answer to puma’s question.

Distrust and dislike of an incompetent and highly partisan press is another answer to puma’s question.
    Extremely well earned distrust and dislike. And good point.

Resistance to state government control over life and liberty shows up in Maine

Some Maineiacs still have blood from the mid 1700's coursing thru their veins.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Resistance to state government control over life and liberty shows up in Maine

Some Maineiacs still have blood from the mid 1700's coursing thru their veins.
    got to hate on those redneck swastika waving gun toting conservatives. Can't hold a peaceful demonstration like those patriotic Antifa folks

They do not appear to be standing 6 feet apart. Wish the whole lot of them would attend church this Sunday in Minnesota
    seeya
    dan

On the fifteenth day, two new cases in Gallatin Co. So we went two full weeks without a confirmed case. But sometime right about 2-3 weeks ago, some exposure somewhere. It is frustrating not to know where and how, but “tracing” is kind of against my religion. Even tho my son was patient zero for whooping cough his sophomore year. Despite vaccination he got it at football camp in Billings. So if they are tracing, should the public know the when and where?

Puma, you and I were talking about why Beshear was reopening ahead of the White House 14 day timeline.

I am more convinced than ever that it's not protests in most any state, it's money. The states are hemorrhaging, their budget shortfalls will be monumental b/c there are no sales taxes being collected and income taxes will be far lower as well.

Newsome is a great example, today announcing more reopenings while at the same time reporting huge deficits in revenue. I don't think that timing is coincidental.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...budget-deficit

We cannot just shut down the country and borrow until next spring or summer, which is now sounding like the time when we may have enough vaccines to really beat this thing down. It just won't work, so we have no choice but to re-open, and just try to be smart about it.

Which is why I think in the end Sweden and even some states that didn't go too overboard will come out no different than complete lockdown nations/states.

In the end a lot of people are going to have to get this, and some of them be hospitalized and die, b/c we really have no other defense. The only trick is just maintaining working healthcare so we keep the mortality as low as possible.

so the two cases were from West Yellowstone--extreme south end of county and had been travelling out of state

Antibody testing reveals COVID-19 has been in Ohio since January, health officials say

Health officials said as COVID-19 testing increases in Ohio, they expect to learn more about the virus and how long it has been in the state.

Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Amy Acton announced Monday that they have found five different cases in five different counties that the date of onset of symptoms was in January.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/antibod...s-say/32438290
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19