Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Re: Coronavirus

China is going all out to spin this disaster, but it's on them. On them b/c of their handling of it, and further it should awaken us that having them make our stuff is a really bad idea.

China is making me turn from libertarian to merchantilist.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Nothing to see here.....

“Delivery of 5,000 URNS to funeral home in coronavirus epicentre Wuhan raises fears China is underplaying nation's official 3,300 death toll”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eath-toll.html

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Nothing to see here.....

“Delivery of 5,000 URNS to funeral home in coronavirus epicentre Wuhan raises fears China is underplaying nation's official 3,300 death toll”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eath-toll.html
    Right up there with their claim they don't have any concentration camps.

They have had SO many more deaths from this thing. Can't trust a thing they say, or a product they make. Only good thing they ever sold abroad were their surplus guns, and those were banned for import decades ago.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Yep. Hoping they do OK.

I'll be back when this is over.
    Apparently it was temporary and the roadblocks may come down as early as tonight:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mia...241587261.html

which I think is too bad. If the Governor isn't going to get tough, counties and cities should be able to.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

The gov pulled state troopers from the road blocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Apparently it was temporary and the roadblocks may come down as early as tonight:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mia...241587261.html

which I think is too bad. If the Governor isn't going to get tough, counties and cities should be able to.

What a dimwit. When you get on that bridge headed south you are driving into a gigantic funnel that concentrates people into smaller and smaller areas. When you get to the tip of the funnel, you have noting to do but get out for drinks, food and watching other people doing the same thing.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Right up there with their claim they don't have any concentration camps.

They have had SO many more deaths from this thing. Can't trust a thing they say, or a product they make. Only good thing they ever sold abroad were their surplus guns, and those were banned for import decades ago.
    Citizen, do you have email where I could send you a question. I tried to message you and told me your inbox is full. I need some advice. Thanks.

Ghetto

Your governor is an idiot. He has no idea what hell is coming for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Losartan is an “ARB” which unfortunately they think may cause the same issues. We may have to try old fashioned diuretics or beta blockers.
    Thank you

Citizen, do you have email where I could send you a question. I tried to message you and told me your inbox is full. I need some advice. Thanks.

Ghetto

Your governor is an idiot. He has no idea what hell is coming for him.
    He really is. I have family and good friends in Florida (and some from this board). It pisses me off seeing what they did.
    I gave Trump hell for not taking this serious enough but this is even worse because he has too much evidence showing otherwise.
    A lot of people are going to die because he’s an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    He really is. I have family and good friends in Florida (and some from this board). It pisses me off seeing what they did.
    I gave Trump hell for not taking this serious enough but this is even worse because he has too much evidence showing otherwise.
    A lot of people are going to die because he’s an idiot.
    I might debate responses even into February, but at this point it's beyond dispute. The biggest hold out in New York was De Blasio and he's been on board for a while now while Florida continues to put its thumb in its ear.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post

Ghetto
    I cleaned out Inbox if you prefer that, or email me, chuck@bluegrassauction.com

New York up to 3058 cases per million of state population. That is roughly twice what the rate per million is in Italy....

142K U.S. cases. It was roughly half that 5 days ago, and doubling every 5 days somehow feels like an improvement.

It may just be a blip, but daily new cases and daily deaths are down, too.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 9.13.06 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 9.13.24 AM.jpg
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 03-30-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I guess the question is, does the initial increase reflect a period of more testing or is this an actual slowing of the spread.

Either way, it seems a positive.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Honestly I'm more interested in the curve with New York excluded at this point as it skews the national results so much. Not that they aren't all running out of new york and infecting the rest of us.

^I basically agree with you, but I'm worried that as other hot spots emerge (Florida, I'm looking at you) we'll find more rationales to exclude this or that. Plus until there's a way to throw up roadblocks or do other hard quarantines, the free travel in our country ties us all together.

Florida has instituted roadblocks on roads into the state advising of 14 day self quarantine for out of state plates entering the state..

^I'm afraid those are useless as long as they're (a) letting people in and (b) trusting people to do their own quarantine. They're going to ignore that like they ignored the advisories (not orders) to stay off beaches.

Honestly I'm more interested in the curve with New York excluded at this point as it skews the national results so much. Not that they aren't all running out of new york and infecting the rest of us.
    This is already in every state. We don't need New Yorkers for that (although they have certainly made it worse in some places). The real issue will simply be how do Governors deal with it.
    New Jersey looks awful now. Florida will be bad. Louisiana will be bad. Michigan will be bad. Illinois. etc.

And there are some other states that don't show a lot now, but I feel like are heading that direction: Texas and Georgia are not looking good early.
    Their governors have not taken it as serious as they should and they have all the early indicators of states that could get hit hard.

I am so glad the President changed his mind on the dumb Easter thing and listened to the health professionals. And extended this another month. But, governors HAVE to clamp down.
    I read about a megachurch in Florida that had church on Sunday. That should be criminal right now.
    The states that do not have a lot of cases need to clamp down now so that they don't. Its that simple.
    Give it 30 days. Let the Science, manufacturers and hospitals catch up.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    This is already in every state. We don't need New Yorkers for that (although they have certainly made it worse in some places). The real issue will simply be how do Governors deal with it.
    New Jersey looks awful now. Florida will be bad. Louisiana will be bad. Michigan will be bad. Illinois. etc.

And there are some other states that don't show a lot now, but I feel like are heading that direction: Texas and Georgia are not looking good early.
    Their governors have not taken it as serious as they should and they have all the early indicators of states that could get hit hard.

I am so glad the President changed his mind on the dumb Easter thing and listened to the health professionals. And extended this another month. But, governors HAVE to clamp down.
    I read about a megachurch in Florida that had church on Sunday. That should be criminal right now.
    The states that do not have a lot of cases need to clamp down now so that they don't. Its that simple.
    Give it 30 days. Let the Science, manufacturers and hospitals catch up.
    This will continue to spread from high population density coastal areas to the rural areas of the interior. The best hope is enough of the malaria meds and Zithromax can be produced to annihilate the virus before it kills too many.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    This will continue to spread from high population density coastal areas to the rural areas of the interior. The best hope is enough of the malaria meds and Zithromax can be produced to annihilate the virus before it kills too many.
    Zithromax? Isn’t that an antibiotic? Because viruses aren’t living things that you can kill. Using antibiotics when the illness is caused by a virus can actually make you feel worse, stay sick longer, and if everyone starts taking it will just make the problems worse that we already have with resistant bacteria.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Zithromax? Isn’t that an antibiotic? Because viruses aren’t living things that you can kill. Using antibiotics when the illness is caused by a virus can actually make you feel worse, stay sick longer, and if everyone starts taking it will just make the problems worse that we already have with resistant bacteria.
    The Z pack in conjunction with the Chloroquine is showing promise I believe.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

The virus causes bacterial pneumonia, which is why the Zithromax. The malaria meds lay the whammy to the virus itself, but does nothing to the pneumonia.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The virus causes bacterial pneumonia, which is why the Zithromax. The malaria meds lay the whammy to the virus itself, but does nothing to the pneumonia.
    and it is an "odd" pneumonia. They believe it might be immune mediate but that may be old info. Most pneumonia I see start as viral then become bacterial
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Heard the Chris "Frodo" Cuomo tested positive. His brother spent 10 minutes during his daily presser lamenting on what a nice guy Chris is.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Heard the Chris "Frodo" Cuomo tested positive. His brother spent 10 minutes during his daily presser lamenting on what a nice guy Chris is.
    *By New York standards.

*By New York standards.
    Yeah...he only uses "####ing" ever third word, compared to every other word.

New York now at 3887 cases per million of state population.
    US at 540 per million of population.
    US is at 327 cases per million with NY factored out.