Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: The XFL

The XFL

Has anyone watched any of the games?

Re: The XFL

Didn’t even know they had started.

Tried seemed like these leagues always do a lesser product.
    A gimmick of a product and college is still way better.

I have not, but I did see a clip of a kickoff, which looked very peculiar. I think I could like it, though. Here's the rule as I excerpted it from an article:

On a kickoff, the kicker will kick the ball from their own 30-yard line, but every blocker will be lined up on the opposing team’s 35-yard line. The return team blockers will be lined up at their own 30, just five yards away.

Only the kicker and receiver can move before the ball is caught. All other blockers are permitted to move when the ball is caught, or three seconds after it hits the ground, if the ball isn’t caught.

Kicks that fly out of bounds, or kicks that fall short of the opposing 20-yard line, will result in the receiving team taking the ball at the kicking team’s 45-yard line.

Touchbacks will result in the receiving team starting at their own 35-yard line.

Teams will be required to inform an official if they plan to use an onside kick, meaning they cannot surprise the opposing team with an onside kick.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/02/xfl...nces-explained

Weird.

So....the rule changes...hmmmm. Some I like. Not kicking though the end zone and and special teams lined up close to the receiver negates high speed impacts that cause injury.
    The clock rules I actually like and halftime at 10 minutes I like too. The NFL is so much about ad revenue they wouldn’t entertain such a thing.
    The OT rules look bazaar. Half to wait till a game goes into OT to see how it goes.

The XFL

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    So....the rule changes...hmmmm. Some I like. Not kicking though the end zone and and special teams lined up close to the receiver negates high speed impacts that cause injury.
    The clock rules I actually like and halftime at 10 minutes I like too. The NFL is so much about ad revenue they wouldn’t entertain such a thing.
    The OT rules look bazaar. Half to wait till a game goes into OT to see how it goes.
    That OT rule... I just dunno.

Funny they say they're following soccer, but soccer plays two full mini-overtime periods before they go to PKs shootouts, which are some of the most criticized aspects of soccer you find.

I'm like you, though. I'd like to see it in practice to see how I'd like it.

If I understand it correctly, it would alternate...one team bring its offense on the field for one play, the other, their defense. That play is run, then both teams exit the field, and they swap offenses and defenses. And they do that 10 times, unless one team has mathematically eliminated the other. And then possibly continue after that.

I dunno...
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 02-09-2020 at 04:13 PM.