Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Prince Harry and Meghan "stepping away" from royal duties

So if I understand this correctly, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are worth approximately a combined $45,000,000, are stepping away from the royal spotlight and coming to North America to establish their financial independence by grabbing the spotlight.

As I saw one wag tweet, the royal couple requests publicity during this difficult time.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-10-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan "stepping away" from royal duties

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Basically, I just wanted an excuse to upload that photo.

Its kind of foreign to most Americans to think that whatever station you’re born into is your lot in life as we’re all taught from a very young age that you can be whatever you want to be. This is kind of the opposite of that except everyone knows they’re not going to give everything up and live like commoners lol.

It doesn’t appear to be that they want to step back from their royal duties so much as the way they went about it that has the royal family so upset. Reading about this in the British media, one would think they’re in the midst of an actual crisis. Very strange.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

the royal family..... a bunch of inbred dolts. At least the young ones are marrying outside the family so the tree might now have a few branches.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

The best thing that could happen for the Royal Family is for them to leave England altogether, pull their titles (The Queen can do that) and let them drift off of the radar of the British people. William and Kate are proper models for the survival of the monarchy, approachable but with the same reserve and dutifulness of Her Majesty, who has basically written the book on how a monarchy can survive in a post imperial world.

Meghan and Harry will be a constant sideshow and problem, just as Edward VIII was prior to his abdication. This needs to go the same way, step out of the family and leave it to those who want to play the necessary role.

I'd be curious what Her Majesty thinks of all this, and what she's planning. She's smart as Hades, and very capable even at her current age. She really has pulled off something of a miracle keeping the monarchy in place not just in the UK but across the Commonwealth, and I doubt she's ready to watch it fall apart now.

BTW, her actual powers are immense. She doesn't use them, her big secret to staying in power, but she does in fact have them. I'll link a video that goes through everything she can still do by law, it's amazing. None of the powers one would think of for a King or Queen were really ever taken off the English books, so she can still do almost anything she wants, at lest according to the letter of the law.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

If you can't tell I do have a lot of respect and appreciation for the Queen. She's managed to keep the throne by basically wielding her power behind the scenes instead of from the throne. She's both king maker and Queen at the same time. Her sheer deftness is truly impressive, as is her tenacity, which goes back to WWII when she served in the service after basically browbeating her father.

She's a brilliant political strategist who moves even government policy with no more than a well placed look. I admire that kind of chess playing.

She doesn't need this nonsense from her family, including her 2nd son. They are born to a role, and it comes with stunning perks, but if they don't want to play it they need to step aside fully.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Meghan says she and Harry wish to eventually move to LA, but only after Trump leaves office. She cites Trump as being "divisive". I guess if you need an expert on divisiveness, Meghan would fill the role.
    Real Fan since 1958

Her calling someone divisive is pretty much the height of irony. Or hypocrisy. Or both.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Her calling someone divisive is pretty much the height of irony. Or hypocrisy. Or both.
    She rates right there with AOC. I am not bound by rules.
    Real Fan since 1958

Here's a very good column linking the Sussexes' hypocrisy (what the author, a Brit, calls Britain's greatest possible sin) with the hypocrisy of the actors Ricky Gervais called out at the Golden Globes.

The Hypocrisy of Harry and Meghan’s Decision