Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: US attacked. Iran taking credit

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

US attacked. Iran taking credit

Lord help us all.

We must have known this was coming Federal government used slushy Weather to send us all home early. It was very oddly worded dismissal by OPM.

Re: US attacked. Iran taking credit

Just lobbed missiles at bases in Iraq. Honestly they've been doing that for a while, just through proxies.

As responses go that's pretty tame by them. In fact they didn't fire at our largest (and easiest to hit) airbase there. They felt they had to respond but Clearly this was very measured.

So far there may not even be any US casualties. Their missiles aren't that outdated. If that's the case they were responding without wanting to force us to respond.

We may not even be forced to respond with this action, thus far. Maybe they do more but I doubt it.

Look, the Iranians have a real military but they also know in a REAL war they get crushed and they know it. They don't want a real war, they just want to be able to rattle their sabres for political reasons.

This is good news so far. They clearly don't want to really push us very hard.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Now that being said, Trump may decide to respond. If he hits just military targets maybe he can get a handle on this.

He would be wise to just tweet this:

"If you are attacked but your enemy doesn't actually hit anything, were you really attacked?"
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Reminder PsA: the last time the mainstream media with all of their astute investigative journalism showed you frontline video of a battle in the Middle East it was actually from a gun range in Kentucky.

Stay smart out there.

lol. If you see a sign that says "Welcome to Knob Creek" that is NOT an Iranian attack on US soil.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Citizen,

It is ballistic missile directly from them. In the language of diplomacy it is a little like Teddy Roosevelt saying "come see me about it"

This is a big move for a nation state to directly admit to this action. They have denied countless hostile acts or used proximies all with plausible deniability.

Big difference. One nation state to another.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Just lobbed missiles at bases in Iraq. Honestly they've been doing that for a while, just through proxies.

As responses go that's pretty tame by them. In fact they didn't fire at our largest (and easiest to hit) airbase there. They felt they had to respond but Clearly this was very measured.

So far there may not even be any US casualties. Their missiles aren't that outdated. If that's the case they were responding without wanting to force us to respond.

We may not even be forced to respond with this action, thus far. Maybe they do more but I doubt it.

Look, the Iranians have a real military but they also know in a REAL war they get crushed and they know it. They don't want a real war, they just want to be able to rattle their sabres for political reasons.

This is good news so far. They clearly don't want to really push us very hard.

Anyone have a link to news reports of the missile attack that contain pictures of the damage or printed damage assessments? Seems odd that we have not been bombarded with the pictures of massive destruction
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

It’s a save face operation.....Ultimately they know the surface of Iran could be a sheet of glass if that is what Trump wanted...and they really don’t know for sure. That’s the issue for them. He’s a wildcard that that isn’t the norm of American diplomacy i.e. “line in the sand” where words were uttered and nothing, diddly happened when that line was breached.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Citizen,

It is ballistic missile directly from them. In the language of diplomacy it is a little like Teddy Roosevelt saying "come see me about it"

This is a big move for a nation state to directly admit to this action. They have denied countless hostile acts or used proximies all with plausible deniability.

Big difference. One nation state to another.

Rupp's Runt

I'm not sure that I am buying into Iran doing this to "save face" on the world stage, just to show their citizens that they retaliated against the "great Satan".
    The Iranian regime is lying, and I believe, but I hope that I am wrong, that they have another response in the works, or already in place waiting for the green light to use against us.
    And if my fears about that are realized, then they will have absolutely misunderstood the resolve of our 45th POTUS, and should be made to suffer the consequences of their stupidity.
    We can no longer afford to let these people just do whatever they please against any Americans and not be made to suffer the consequences of their crimes against humanity. JMHO.

So far so good, and well played by Trump with one obvious mistake his staff should have never allowed.

They justified killing this guy b/c of his future threat. The answer there is that he's killed enough americans and overrunning an embassy, sovereign territory, will not be tolerated.

He died b/c he's the leader backing those forces who committed these acts, and that's that. Now don't do those things again or your senior leaders will die too.

Just leave it at that. No need to even discuss his future plans as they aren't necessary to justify what was done. Other than that so far this has been well played, coming out today and taking advantage of the fact that their response didn't actually hurt any Americans and may not have hurt anyone (not sure on that, haven't seen as UK media is pretty focused on just US casualties).

I'm thinking that if Trump is elected again, Iran will be on a much shorter leash. He does not and should not want them to develop a nuclear bomb and if Iran kills or injures another American in his second term, I think their nuclear sites will be turned to glass and I'm not sure that wouldn't be the best thing that could happen. Another weak president that will draw red lines and keep moving them till they become a nuclear power and develop Inter- continent missiles could be a very dangerous situation for the U.S. and Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    So far so good, and well played by Trump with one obvious mistake his staff should have never allowed.

They justified killing this guy b/c of his future threat. The answer there is that he's killed enough americans and overrunning an embassy, sovereign territory, will not be tolerated.

He died b/c he's the leader backing those forces who committed these acts, and that's that. Now don't do those things again or your senior leaders will die too.

Just leave it at that. No need to even discuss his future plans as they aren't necessary to justify what was done. Other than that so far this has been well played, coming out today and taking advantage of the fact that their response didn't actually hurt any Americans and may not have hurt anyone (not sure on that, haven't seen as UK media is pretty focused on just US casualties).
    While I agree, that explanation makes it more difficult to do without congressional approval. Heck, congressional democrats are already talking changing the war powers act and moaning that he did not clear it with them. The "imminent threat" is what allowed him to do it without their consent.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I'm not sure that I am buying into Iran doing this to "save face" on the world stage, just to show their citizens that they retaliated against the "great Satan".
    The Iranian regime is lying, and I believe, but I hope that I am wrong, that they have another response in the works, or already in place waiting for the green light to use against us.
    And if my fears about that are realized, then they will have absolutely misunderstood the resolve of our 45th POTUS, and should be made to suffer the consequences of their stupidity.
    We can no longer afford to let these people just do whatever they please against any Americans and not be made to suffer the consequences of their crimes against humanity. JMHO.
    Iran had to respond in some manner. Otherwise they look incredibly weak. Their response was measure and intended to inflict no harm. However they are now on notice that do it again and actions will be taken. Plus our allies know we no longer huff and puff but fail to take any action sort of sending a plane loaded with cash. I suspect the smoking of Souliamene cost a lot less than 150 billion, plus is way more effective. I now expect Iran to actually come to the table, or at least take a different approach because they know the US will no longer acquiesce to their shenanigans.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    While I agree, that explanation makes it more difficult to do without congressional approval. Heck, congressional democrats are already talking changing the war powers act and moaning that he did not clear it with them. The "imminent threat" is what allowed him to do it without their consent.
    Agreed. I'm sure this was the process they went through to come up with their plan. But outside of the law the public would have accepted that it was a response to the embassy attack on its face with no other explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    I'm thinking that if Trump is elected again, Iran will be on a much shorter leash. He does not and should not want them to develop a nuclear bomb and if Iran kills or injures another American in his second term, I think their nuclear sites will be turned to glass and I'm not sure that wouldn't be the best thing that could happen. Another weak president that will draw red lines and keep moving them till they become a nuclear power and develop Inter- continent missiles could be a very dangerous situation for the U.S. and Israel.
    I do not see the need nor do I want that much of the world tol be contaminated with long lived, poisonous isotopes, especially when precision guided earthquake bombs, dropped from invisible B2 bombers, can do the deed and not leave behind a long lived mess.
    seeya
    dan

Oh, I didn't mean I thought he would nuke them. I just think he will destroy their nuclear sites if they hurt another American. I don't ever want to see a nuke used, but we all know that Iran will use them if they get them. We might not even have to take them out. If they get close to developing one, Israel will have no other choice but to take them out themselves. I shouldn't have used the phrase"turning them to glass," because that is associated with nukes.

Gotcha
    seeya
    dan