Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Re: Can Uncle Joe get away with refusing to testify before the Senate?

It's an irony clearly lost on the media that Biden is refusing to testify before Congress (before he is called) at a trial instigated b/c Trump refused to have people testify before Congress.

Somehow it's OK for Biden, currently a private citizen, to at least verbally defy some possible future will of Congress, but Trump, who has executive privilege to at least give him some kind of legal case, is acting like a tyrant.

Then, as you said, he seems to think his son is immune from the will of Congress too. And Trump is the tyrant that ignores the Constitution?

I don't know if Trump's refusal for officials to testify is legal or not, but since the House didn't take the case to the DC circuit and follow the proper procedures for such things, which is to go to court or work out a deal, we may never know. of course the courts take a dim view of ruling on administrations that ignore Congressional subpoenas, like Obama ignoring the Fast and Furious investigation. Doesn't make them dictators btw, unless you have orangeish hair apparently.

But I'm really sure that private citizens can't refuse to show up. They can plead the 5th all day if they want, but they have to show up. The only way to get out of it is if there isn't legitimate "purpose", but the courts give that a really broad interpretation too, and I'm sure it's relevant if Trump was calling for the investigation of someone to ask if there was a legitimate reason for him to take that action.

I still think the GOP leadership doesn't have the guts or desire to get in the mud and call the Bidens, etc., but it would make for interesting watching if they'd go after them with both barrels.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.